Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 04 May 2016, 17:59
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants!

  post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2010
Posts: 175
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2010, 23:47
Ariel:

1. Does the Capital Markets and Asset Management immersion program include real estate? The website makes it sound like it's only for capital markets (i.e. stocks).

2. Can Johnson School students take courses in the Cornell Prorgram in Real Estate? I know there is a dual-degree but i think the app for MPS is done for this year, as mentioned in the website.

Thank you :P
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Mar 2010
Posts: 94
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2010, 09:11
Hey everyone,

so when do people that did interviews actually get notified of the admissions decision???

Will that be in December or would it be earlier???

Has anyone been admitted yet?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 446
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 157

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2010, 10:41
Thanks & Kudos Kevintay and Randomness.

I was able to coach my recommendors based on your specific insights. I appreciate your candor.
_________________

If you found the reply to be helpful, give kudos.

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2010, 11:25
Hi all,

I received an interview invite from Johnson on Nov 2nd. I was wondering if any of you knows of a good way to get in touch with students/alumni of the school. In the past I have found it useful talking to students before my interviews. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone from Cornell.

Will really appreciate your help/inputs.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Nov 2010
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2010, 07:42
Randomness wrote:
Got the first mail from Johnson. But it was for financial aid advice. :(


Also get a financial aid advice at last Friday, and no news about interviews

getting worried...
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Oct 2009
Posts: 66
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2010, 08:14
Mods, count me in for Round 2. Just submitted my application.
Good Luck all!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 446
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 157

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2010, 08:40
Any Cornell Alums-can you specify some of the marketing and corporate finance professor's whose lectures you might have attended.
I will be able to know more about them.
Also, can anyone state how career prospects are for students in marketing classes-post johnson mba. I hardly see any cornell alumns in linked in.
Thank you.
_________________

If you found the reply to be helpful, give kudos.

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Oct 2010
Posts: 138
Location: NY
Schools: LBS(R1), Stern (R1), Ross (R1), Tepper (R1), Johnson (R1), Fuqua (R1)
WE 1: Management Consulting
WE 2: Management Consulting
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2010, 13:27
I know a lot of you are waiting so I just wanted to let you know that cornell interview invites for r1 are just starting to roll out again. I just got mine 15 min ago. Good luck to you all.

Anyone else interview on campus if so please post your experience. Thanks in advance for your help.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 85
Schools: ISB(Waitlisted) INSEAD(interview) Kellogg(Re-applicant i/w last time) Johnson(Re-applicant i/w last time) IESE(Re-applicant i/w last time)
WE 1: 4
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2010, 13:43
sscrewcaptain wrote:
I know a lot of you are waiting so I just wanted to let you know that cornell interview invites for r1 are just starting to roll out again. I just got mine 15 min ago. Good luck to you all.

Anyone else interview on campus if so please post your experience. Thanks in advance for your help.


Just received the interview invite. I am from India and it seems they expect me to visit the campus. has anyone from India interviewed. Please provide insight if any.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2010, 13:53
1
This post received
KUDOS
Randomness wrote:
sscrewcaptain wrote:
I know a lot of you are waiting so I just wanted to let you know that cornell interview invites for r1 are just starting to roll out again. I just got mine 15 min ago. Good luck to you all.

Anyone else interview on campus if so please post your experience. Thanks in advance for your help.


Just received the interview invite. I am from India and it seems they expect me to visit the campus. has anyone from India interviewed. Please provide insight if any.



I really doubt if they expect you to travel all the way to Ithaca for the interview. I am in the US, yet they offered me options to interview with an alum or do a phone interview. So...
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 85
Schools: ISB(Waitlisted) INSEAD(interview) Kellogg(Re-applicant i/w last time) Johnson(Re-applicant i/w last time) IESE(Re-applicant i/w last time)
WE 1: 4
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2010, 13:55
Longhornnn wrote:
Randomness wrote:
sscrewcaptain wrote:
I know a lot of you are waiting so I just wanted to let you know that cornell interview invites for r1 are just starting to roll out again. I just got mine 15 min ago. Good luck to you all.

Anyone else interview on campus if so please post your experience. Thanks in advance for your help.


Just received the interview invite. I am from India and it seems they expect me to visit the campus. has anyone from India interviewed. Please provide insight if any.



I really doubt if they expect you to travel all the way to Ithaca for the interview. I am in the US, yet they offered me options to interview with an alum or do a phone interview. So...



Thanks longhorn..that helps..:)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2010
Posts: 175
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2010, 14:05
Submitted for Round 2 and LORs are all in :-D

And in terms of visiting campus, doing so is pretty hard even for those who live in U.S. I think those who already visited Ithaca will agree.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2010, 14:12
Randomness wrote:

Thanks longhorn..that helps..:)


You're welcome.

BTW have you heard back from CBS yet?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 85
Schools: ISB(Waitlisted) INSEAD(interview) Kellogg(Re-applicant i/w last time) Johnson(Re-applicant i/w last time) IESE(Re-applicant i/w last time)
WE 1: 4
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2010, 14:17
Longhornnn wrote:
Randomness wrote:

Thanks longhorn..that helps..:)


You're welcome.

BTW have you heard back from CBS yet?


Not yet.. My application got complete very late, for I had to write TOEFL being an international student. I think it got complete on 23 Oct. So I guess I have a long way to wait. I am an ED candidate. How you heard from them yet?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2010, 14:20
Randomness wrote:
Longhornnn wrote:
Randomness wrote:

Thanks longhorn..that helps..:)


You're welcome.

BTW have you heard back from CBS yet?


Not yet.. My application got complete very late, for I had to write TOEFL being an international student. I think it got complete on 23 Oct. So I guess I have a long way to wait. I am an ED candidate. How you heard from them yet?


I am also an ED applicant. Haven't heard anything yet either.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Oct 2009
Posts: 63
Location: Pune
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2010, 17:00
Just submitted.
Another expensive app!! Hope it pays off. <crossed fingers>
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Jul 2010
Posts: 12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2010, 17:23
Also just submitted a last minute round 2 application. Meeting that short 400 word count was probably the toughest part of the app. Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Oct 2010
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2010, 08:42
foxyang wrote:
Also get a financial aid advice at last Friday, and no news about interviews

getting worried...



Me too... Got the letter on Nov 6, under review till now... btw, i'm a candidate from mainland China
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Oct 2010
Posts: 32
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2010, 09:13
Submitted my app last night. One of my LOR is not in yet. Does anyone know if there's a deadline for LOR?
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Oct 2009
Posts: 66
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 23 [1] , given: 5

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2010, 09:25
1
This post received
KUDOS
mba2011app wrote:
Submitted my app last night. One of my LOR is not in yet. Does anyone know if there's a deadline for LOR?


At a recent MBA info session (reps from Cornell, Duke, Michigan, etc were present) I asked the same question. The response I got from the Duke rep was that schools typically have a grace period for LOR's, which varies from school-to-school, but no school will tell you what that period is. So, if I were to guess, if your LOR gets in in the next day or two, you should still be considered for Round 2.
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants!   [#permalink] 10 Nov 2010, 09:25

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  72    Next  [ 1421 posts ] 

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
96 Experts publish their posts in the topic Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants Avault 1424 23 Aug 2011, 23:02
227 Experts publish their posts in the topic Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants GMATLA 1654 27 Aug 2012, 17:27
Calling all Tulane Freeman Fall 2011 Applicants lprassanth 0 20 Mar 2011, 22:50
40 Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! Raabend 1421 21 May 2009, 07:16
47 Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! solaris1 1425 15 Jul 2008, 17:24
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants!

  post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.