Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 04:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2010, 15:31
I would appreciate some insight from you guys on this. I originally submitted an incomplete application a few minutes after R1 deadline. I was also missing one of my recommendations (delay from recommender) and my transcript as well, because my scanned copy was too large of a file at the time. Someone from admissions e-mailed me today to informed me that if I get my remaining recommendation and transcript to her I would still be considered for round 1, if not it will be pushed to round 2. So I hurried my recommender along and e-mailed the transcripts as well. I'm finally shown as complete in the database. So...am I in for round 1? :)
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2010, 15:33
No offense, but this is one of million questions that you need to ask the admission office, not us. What we think doesn't matter.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2010, 15:37
Haha, considering we're in the middle of R3, I'd rather not find out.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2010, 17:26
avbhagav wrote:
chichipucca wrote:
So I guess they are done sending out R1 interview invitations?

All the best for evryone who got invites and I guess its high time I give up on cornell.

but surprisingly very few R1 invites this year in this forum atleast.....

Just got an interview last night for Round one, before I almost give up.

And I got an information from a Johnson staff that they will keep on sending the interview until the notification day.

Hope this information could help you to relax. and don't lose hope(although I know how tough it is)

Bless all and bless me:)
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Cornell - Johnson, Class of 2013

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2010, 20:27
This post received
KUDOS
Hi all,
I had my alum interview recently. It was a fairly relaxed interview for about 40-50 min. I was asked the below questions -
Talk about yourself
Why MBA
Why Cornell?
What other schools are you applying to and why?
What have you done to learn about Cornell?
Team handling - various situations
What do you expect from Cornell?
What can Cornell expect from you (During Cornell and after Cornell)?
Why not Indian BSchool? Why US ? (I had spoken about returning to India as my long term goal)

At this point of time, I am not sure how I did.. .Just waiting for the results now.

All the best for all the others!
Cheers,
L
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2010, 07:05
Does anyone know when interviews for round 2 start going out?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2010, 08:06
I'm in for R2. Has anyone else in this round seen a change in application status from "Submitted" to "Under Review"? Or is it safe to assume they are still reviewing R1 applicants.

Good Luck R1!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2010, 09:24
sophieP wrote:
Does anyone know when interviews for round 2 start going out?

earlycareerMBA got interview invite yesterday with a R2 status (6 Nov). I am also R2 candidate, still playing the waiting game here. I don't have evidence, but so far based on profiles those with early interview invites have strong stats (GPA, Gmat, career) with stardust sprinkled. Possibly that Johnson office plays early bird catches the worm and interviews star students promptly before they got picked up by peer schools.

Maybe this is the reason I haven't heard from Johnson yet with my softer application :-)
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2010, 10:49
indian submitted on 4th.. no ding/no invite.. are they still sending out round 1 invites ? are the dings sent out in the end ? this is way too stressful :(
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 76 [0], given: 157

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2010, 07:43
lakshmiraj wrote:
Hi all,
I had my alum interview recently. It was a fairly relaxed interview for about 40-50 min. I was asked the below questions -
Talk about yourself
Why MBA
Why Cornell?
What other schools are you applying to and why?
What have you done to learn about Cornell?
Team handling - various situations
What do you expect from Cornell?
What can Cornell expect from you (During Cornell and after Cornell)?
Why not Indian BSchool? Why US ? (I had spoken about returning to India as my long term goal)

At this point of time, I am not sure how I did.. .Just waiting for the results now.

All the best for all the others!
Cheers,
L

Thanks Lakshi Raj. Appreciate your help for others.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2010, 09:49
Has anyone heard more round 2 interview invites?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 09:29
Got nervous about earlycareerMBA's fast invitation, but today I checked my app page and it says:

"Currently Under Review - We processed your application and supporting documents. Members of the admissions team will review your application. You will receive updates regarding your application status via email and changes to your application status. Please check for updates periodically."

Submitted on the Round 2 due date but didn't receive an e-mail from Johnson indicating the change.

Thank you to the Johnson adcom :-D
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 09:39
chostein wrote:
Got nervous about earlycareerMBA's fast invitation, but today I checked my app page and it says:

"Currently Under Review - We processed your application and supporting documents. Members of the admissions team will review your application. You will receive updates regarding your application status via email and changes to your application status. Please check for updates periodically."

Submitted on the Round 2 due date but didn't receive an e-mail from Johnson indicating the change.

Thank you to the Johnson adcom :-D

Mine is still like this:

Submission Status: Submitted
Submitted Date: 11/9/2010 11:28:00 PM EST

:(
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 09:51
Mine says the same as chostein.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stanford R1, Wharton R1, Chicago R1, UCLA R1, Cornell R2
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 11:18
chostein wrote:

My status is the same as chostein's. To everyone still waiting for an invite, don't let my early response worry you. I dont want to give too many details, but I believe my application has been marked for a separate process. I don't think it's expedited, just different for early career applicants.

So I don't think my invite is indicative of a trend or early filter. Keep your hopes high. :)

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 11:20
Woo, got an interview invite! Does anyone have a ballpark figure of what percentage of candidates for Johnson that interview get in?
Intern
Intern
Schools: IESE Business School

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 11:23
I completed my alumni interview and now am waiting for the final decision. Cornell is definitely the best school for me considering my own post MBA goals and its structure and am really excited :-D about the the decision roll out now for R1. Does Cornell rolls out all the decision at the same time as indicated on website or do they inform as and when decisions are made? :roll:
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 11:43
ndian submitted on 4th.. no ding/no invite.. are they still sending out round 1 invites ? are the dings sent out in the end ? this is way too stressful
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 13:53
mbahopeful2011 wrote:
ndian submitted on 4th.. no ding/no invite.. are they still sending out round 1 invites ? are the dings sent out in the end ? this is way too stressful

Hi - I did call Johnson today with some updates to my Round 1 application and the lady noted that they are still going thru Round 1 invites.

Hopefully we hear something back - I pray for both of us :)
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 13:56
For those applicants who are getting invites, can some of you please share your background ( i.e. work-ex, GMAT score, GPA) if you don't mind. Would really like to see what's the class of 2013 turning out like. IF this information is already available , please advise where that would. Thanks so much. Good luck to those with interviews scheduled. For the rest of us, let's keep praying :)
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants!   [#permalink] 23 Nov 2010, 13:56