Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 09:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Schools: ISB(Waitlisted) INSEAD(interview) Kellogg(Re-applicant i/w last time) Johnson(Re-applicant i/w last time) IESE(Re-applicant i/w last time)
WE 1: 4
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2010, 13:17
Longhornnn wrote:
Randomness wrote:

Thanks longhorn..that helps..:)

You're welcome.

BTW have you heard back from CBS yet?

Not yet.. My application got complete very late, for I had to write TOEFL being an international student. I think it got complete on 23 Oct. So I guess I have a long way to wait. I am an ED candidate. How you heard from them yet?
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2010, 13:20
Randomness wrote:
Longhornnn wrote:
Randomness wrote:

Thanks longhorn..that helps..:)

You're welcome.

BTW have you heard back from CBS yet?

Not yet.. My application got complete very late, for I had to write TOEFL being an international student. I think it got complete on 23 Oct. So I guess I have a long way to wait. I am an ED candidate. How you heard from them yet?

I am also an ED applicant. Haven't heard anything yet either.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2010, 16:00
Just submitted.
Another expensive app!! Hope it pays off. <crossed fingers>
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2010, 16:23
Also just submitted a last minute round 2 application. Meeting that short 400 word count was probably the toughest part of the app. Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2010, 07:42
foxyang wrote:
Also get a financial aid advice at last Friday, and no news about interviews

getting worried...

Me too... Got the letter on Nov 6, under review till now... btw, i'm a candidate from mainland China
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2010, 08:13
Submitted my app last night. One of my LOR is not in yet. Does anyone know if there's a deadline for LOR?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2010, 10:36
Longhornnn wrote:
badgerboy wrote:
mba2011app wrote:
Submitted my app last night. One of my LOR is not in yet. Does anyone know if there's a deadline for LOR?

At a recent MBA info session (reps from Cornell, Duke, Michigan, etc were present) I asked the same question. The response I got from the Duke rep was that schools typically have a grace period for LOR's, which varies from school-to-school, but no school will tell you what that period is. So, if I were to guess, if your LOR gets in in the next day or two, you should still be considered for Round 2.

I asked the same question. I was told up to 1 week was acceptable. But ofcourse the sooner, the better.

Posted from my mobile device Image

That's wonderful to know as I just hear back my recommender that he would do it for me next Monday.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Columbia 2013 (accepted)
WE 1: Marine Infantry Officer (4 yrs)
WE 2: Aerospace (2.5 yrs)

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2010, 10:40
Hey, just submitted on Monday. Having same issues, 1 of 2 letters of rec not in. I told her that no later than midnight on the 16th was ok.
Manager
Manager
Schools: ISB(Waitlisted) INSEAD(interview) Kellogg(Re-applicant i/w last time) Johnson(Re-applicant i/w last time) IESE(Re-applicant i/w last time)

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2010, 12:25
Got an interview invite yesterday. Have not called yet to schedule an interview. Anyone has an idea how how soon should one speak to the school and how many days after one has spoke in the interview scheduled?
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2010, 15:22
bosunnusob wrote:
Randomness wrote:
Got an interview invite yesterday. Have not called yet to schedule an interview. Anyone has an idea how how soon should one speak to the school and how many days after one has spoke in the interview scheduled?

Randomness - congrats! Not sure what the proper "etiquette" is, but I called the day after, and scheduled the interview for about 2 weeks later. The person was very nice and first mentioned that one member of the admissions committee would be out on the west coast (where I'm located), but also gave the option to interview on campus. It was a quick 2 minute phone call, and she sent a confirmation right after.

Hope that helped!

Thanks bosunnusob

That does help. Was busy submitting tuck app for today's deadline so could not think much about the interview. Just submitted it. Now I can focus on the interview. I will call the lady tomorrow. I guess two days is not that bad.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2010, 17:36
Got an interview invite yesterday as well! I was almost on the verge of giving up hope on Johnson (actually since the beginning of this week), and what a pleasant greeting I received in my inbox this morning!

So to all, keep your hopes flying! All the best!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2010, 18:13
I'm in for Round 2 as well.
Current Student

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2010, 08:48
Is there any international applicants here who have done an alumni interview? I hope to hear some advice on how to go about arranging for the alumni interview. Johnson has provided me with the contact information of 3 alumini, and leave it to me to arrange for the interview at a mutually convenient time and place. However I have a few queries:

1. How many interviews do I need to arrange? Is it one interview, where any of the 3 alumni can interview me?

2. What is the typical period of time for me to complete the alumni interview?

3. Do I need to provide the alumni with any information prior to the interview? E.g. resume?

4. What is the proper 'etiquette' to initiate the interview with the alumni?

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2010, 14:20
Is Johnson done sending out invitations?
I submitted my application online on the deadline date and the status were changed to "under review" long time ago but nothing else happened ever since then...
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2010, 08:08
chichipucca wrote:
I submitted my application online on the deadline date and the status were changed to "under review" long time ago but nothing else happened ever since then...

I am in the same boat .....I have been checking status everyday and mine has been "under review" for a while now... Do you know if Cornell puts a candidate on the waitlist without granting them an interview???
Current Student

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2010, 08:19
chambax wrote:
kevintay wrote:
Is there any international applicants here who have done an alumni interview? I hope to hear some advice on how to go about arranging for the alumni interview. Johnson has provided me with the contact information of 3 alumini, and leave it to me to arrange for the interview at a mutually convenient time and place. However I have a few queries:

1. How many interviews do I need to arrange? Is it one interview, where any of the 3 alumni can interview me?

2. What is the typical period of time for me to complete the alumni interview?

3. Do I need to provide the alumni with any information prior to the interview? E.g. resume?

4. What is the proper 'etiquette' to initiate the interview with the alumni?

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

Hey!
I did an alumni Interview in Europe.
1. I think you need just one interview. I only did one interview and it would surprise me if you needed to do three. I have only ever heard of anyone doing one so I assume you can contact the alum of your choice.
2. With alum there is no usual timeframe. My interview went on for 2 hours (felt like half an hour because it was so conversational). I have heard adcom interviews are shorter.. like 30 to 40 minutes...
3. My alum received my resume from the admissions comittee once I informed my adcom representative that I had scheudled an interview. They don't read your essays etc... they only get your CV. But you can ask your adcom rep.
4. I just wrote an email with something along the lines of, pleased to have received interview invite... looking forward to it... bla bla bla... was provided with your contact information to schedule an interview. My preferred dates are x y and z at xy Oclock but I am very flexible in case these dates aren't suitable for you.

Hope that helps!

Thanks a lot chambax! Good luck!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2010, 10:02
NikkiMBA wrote:
chichipucca wrote:

I am in the same boat .....I have been checking status everyday and mine has been "under review" for a while now... Do you know if Cornell puts a candidate on the waitlist without granting them an interview???

I have no idea. I'm also wondering whether they wait till the decision deadline to send out dings or whether they just send out dings along with invitations.

God bless us!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2010, 10:06
chichipucca wrote:
NikkiMBA wrote:
chichipucca wrote:

I have no idea. I'm also wondering whether they wait till the decision deadline to send out dings or whether they just send out dings along with invitations.

God bless us!

Yes- also I have some other additions to my application, do you suggest, I just email them and let them know? Best of luck to you too!!!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2010, 10:15
NikkiMBA wrote:

Yes- also I have some other additions to my application, do you suggest, I just email them and let them know? Best of luck to you too!!![/quote]

Well, if they ding applicants along with invitations, then I guess no news is good news.

I think you should call them and ask them whether and where you can supply additional info to your application.
Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 61

Kudos [?]: 263 [0], given: 86

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2010, 15:57
We've recently released another batch of business school guides. See the link below and share any information that you'd like to see listed in each guide.

Thanks!

Detailed Program Information: GMAT Club's Cornell (Johnson) School Guide

Other Business School Guides

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants!   [#permalink] 13 Nov 2010, 15:57