Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 06:28 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 190
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.68
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell NYC-Tech MBA Applicants(2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Wait listed fml
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [1]
Given Kudos: 34
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell NYC-Tech MBA Applicants(2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Kudos
Dinged. Good Luck guys!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
i'm in as well. how big is the class size does any one know?
also, is ct mba your first choice or are you guys waiting for some other schools? :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hey everyone -- I just logged into the application portal to find that my status was no longer "complete", but set back to "under review" and the option to view the admission decision is gone...

Can anyone else confirm this is the case for them as well?

I had a sneaking suspicion something was not quite right as I have not received any email notification to check my status (like we did previously when it went from "submitted" to "under review")...perhaps we were accidentally able to see the admissions decision too early, and they have just realized it now. I don't know if this is a glimmer of hope for those waitlisted or dinged, but I guess this could signal that they aren't yet finished deliberating(?) Otherwise, I would assume that they'd just roll with it and send out an email to check your status.

Originally posted by CAVU on 15 Dec 2016, 00:11.
Last edited by CAVU on 15 Dec 2016, 00:16, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 190
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.68
Send PM
CAVU wrote:
Hey everyone -- I just logged into the application portal to find that my status was no longer "complete", but set back to "under review" and the option to view the admission decision is gone...

I had a sneaking suspicion something was not quite right as I have not received any email notification to check my status (like we did previously when it went from "submitted" to "under review")...someone may have screwed up and released decisions early, only to have just realized it now. I don't know if this is a glimmer of hope for those waitlisted or dinged, but maybe they aren't finished with the deliberations? Otherwise, I would assume that they'd just roll with it and send out an email to check your status.

Confirmed. It's the same on my portal as well. Don't think itll have much effect on the decision. It just appears that they released the decisions early in error. Best of luck to everyone, again!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CAVU wrote:

I had a sneaking suspicion something was not quite right as I have not received any email notification to check my status (like we did previously when it went from "submitted" to "under review")...perhaps we were accidentally able to see the admissions decision too early, and they have just realized it now. I don't know if this is a glimmer of hope for those waitlisted or dinged, but I guess this could signal that they aren't yet finished deliberating(?) Otherwise, I would assume that they'd just roll with it and send out an email to check your status.

I noticed that too. Not sure if it'd change the final result. Nonetheless, good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
ashman843 wrote:
CAVU wrote:

I had a sneaking suspicion something was not quite right as I have not received any email notification to check my status (like we did previously when it went from "submitted" to "under review")...someone may have screwed up and released decisions early, only to have just realized it now. I don't know if this is a glimmer of hope for those waitlisted or dinged, but maybe they aren't finished with the deliberations? Otherwise, I would assume that they'd just roll with it and send out an email to check your status.

Confirmed. It's the same on my portal as well. Don't think itll have much effect on the decision. It just appears that they released the decisions early in error. Best of luck to everyone, again!

Thanks for confirming that ashman843.

My initial thought was that we'd get decisions sometime by Friday December 16th, which would mean that getting the decision the other day would make perfect sense and would not be considered early. (which could mean decisions weren't set in stone).

But I double checked the email we got last week, and I was mistaken on this. The email says:

Quote:
MBA decisions will be released on Friday, December 16th at 5pm EST.

Indeed you are correct ashman843, that they were literally released too early.

My bad there, sorry to have gotten hopes up! But definitely be sure to double check on Friday just in case :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
inkpepper wrote:
i'm in as well. how big is the class size does any one know?
also, is ct mba your first choice or are you guys waiting for some other schools? :)

Congrats inkpepper!

CT is my first choice and the only school I applied to this year. I applied last year to other more traditional MBA programs in the Top-10 and M7 with 2 admits, but the more I got to know the schools and the incoming students, the less confident I felt that they were equipped to support my career goals in tech/product/tech entrepreneurship, despite what they all claim. But that's just my own two cents. If I was in finance or consulting, it would definitely have been a different story!

Originally posted by CAVU on 15 Dec 2016, 00:44.
Last edited by CAVU on 15 Dec 2016, 00:53, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
agreed. would be great to meeting you all soon ;) CAVU
btw, my screen is still there but i think its because i clicked on 'yes' when the decision screen came up and now it shows decision screen as well as a button that take me to pay the deposit, which i havent done.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.24
Send PM
Hope I did not come across this program too late, but when I saw it, I was so excited.

I work in sales department of a US tech company, from sales to sales training to global HR training, 6 years. Wanna work in strategy and product function in tech company that provide b2b solutions after MBA and then create my own startup.

Planning to apply R2. Cant find many details about the program though, such as club and culture, since there are not many in China applied.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello Everyone, this is actually my first post on the website. First off, congrats to everyone who heard back. I was just wondering, I submitted my app in early December, how long did it take your app to go from submitted to under review. Thank you so much!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I guess we're not hearing today? Interviewed last week, told we would hear by 5pm on the 16th

Anyone get an update?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mnmba21 wrote:
I guess we're not hearing today? Interviewed last week, told we would hear by 5pm on the 16th

Anyone get an update?

You should have an update in your account. I personally got an email that said "Cornell Tech Application Decision Available" and then logged in to my application.

If there's nothing there then something is definitely off, I'd reach out asap.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
mnmba21 wrote:

Anyone get an update?

if you interviewed last week, you are probably not round 1.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Have any admits received info regarding scholarships?

Or for that matter any follow up email since the "decision available" message?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
CAVU wrote:

Hi @CAUV I got an email yesterday saying that scholarship information would be sent no later than the 20th this month.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
watchmyreplay wrote:
CAVU wrote:

Hi @CAUV I got an email yesterday saying that scholarship information would be sent no later than the 20th this month.

Thanks watchmyreplay, it looks like I got the same one...and we thought the suspense was over!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts