Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Nov 2014, 04:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Cranfield School of Management 2012 Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 2.9
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 91 [0], given: 5

Reviews Badge
Calling all Cranfield School of Management 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2011, 13:04

Cranfield 2012

Add Your Name to the List

Cranfield Applicant Summary (Real Time)

Quick Glance: GMAT Club vs. Latest Intake (Class of 2013)

Detailed Applicant List: Add Yourself to This List (add Cranfield to your profile)

GMAT Club's Real-time Admissions Statistics

Add Your Profile to This List
Questions about this Roll Call?

As bb asked me to create this thread so nicely when I asked for Cranfield to be added to the list of schools here's a thread for those of you thinking of following in my footsteps in 2012/2013. I would have added last year's stats to this post but at the moment it just lists me! :)

Cranfield operate rolling admissions so they are still listing 2011 entry on their site ATM. Based on my experience this year they probably won't start interviewing for the full-time MBA until January after the intake for the executive MBA have started but applications can be made any time from September on.

Good luck.

[Reveal] Spoiler: images
Attachment:
mbaschoolprofile_topmba_com-uploads-gallery-6-cranfieldentrance_jpg.jpg
mbaschoolprofile_topmba_com-uploads-gallery-6-cranfieldentrance_jpg.jpg [ 484.66 KiB | Viewed 6206 times ]

Good judgment comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgment.

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 91 [1] , given: 5

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Cranfield School of Management 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2011, 09:20
This post received
KUDOS
versatile wrote:
SeniorFlunky and others

any clue on the range of gmat score at cranfield ? i heard cranfield accepts students with lesser gmat ( even 500 ) provided he/she has considerable work experience ?

Any clues ?

Honestly, I don't know their exact policy and I don't know any more than you with respect to the range of GMAT scores in the current cohort.

I do know that a surprising number of my colleagues on the course don't actually have a GMAT score at all, having opted instead to take the Cranfield admissions test. In at least one case I now this was because he was worried about his eventual performance if he took the GMAT.

Overall I would assume it would be similar to most other locations, if you have a compelling case elsewhere they can overlook a weakness in the GMAT score, but generally you want to be aiming for the school's target range (600+).

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 81 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Cranfield School of Management 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2011, 14:42
SeniorFlunky - Your name is not showing up in the roll call.

----------------------------------------------
My GMAT Experience : http://gmatclub.com/forum/name-of-the-game-do-not-giveup-112609.html

If you like my post, Kudos me.

Don't forget to visit me - http://mbaido.wordpress.com/

Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Cranfield School of Management 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2011, 15:26
talk2vj wrote:
SeniorFlunky - Your name is not showing up in the roll call.

I applied last year so won't appear in the list above. I'm currently sat in Cranfield wondering if I should read my ops and supply chain case study before going to bed :-)

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 81 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Cranfield School of Management 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2011, 15:29
Opps.....Your are a current student. My bad!!!

----------------------------------------------
My GMAT Experience : http://gmatclub.com/forum/name-of-the-game-do-not-giveup-112609.html

If you like my post, Kudos me.

Don't forget to visit me - http://mbaido.wordpress.com/

Manager
Manager
GMAT Date: 11-30-2011
GPA: 3.1
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 29

Re: Calling all Cranfield School of Management 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2011, 03:51
SeniorFlunky and others

any clue on the range of gmat score at cranfield ? i heard cranfield accepts students with lesser gmat ( even 500 ) provided he/she has considerable work experience ?

Any clues ?
Manager
Manager
GMAT Date: 11-30-2011
GPA: 3.1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 29

Re: Calling all Cranfield School of Management 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2011, 20:24
SeniorFlunky,

Thanks your insight, I am yet to take my gmat and i am sure that i will be able to score between 600-650.

I have an experience of ten years , and i heard that the placements of cranfield are better since the batch is more matured in work ex, so i think within my score this should be a good school with better chances of placements

your comment ?
Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Cranfield School of Management 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2011, 00:16
versatile wrote:
SeniorFlunky,

Thanks your insight, I am yet to take my gmat and i am sure that i will be able to score between 600-650.

I have an experience of ten years , and i heard that the placements of cranfield are better since the batch is more matured in work ex, so i think within my score this should be a good school with better chances of placements

your comment ?

Absolutely, I had just under 13 years post undergraduate experience at the start of the course and I would say about 1/4 of the cohort are older than me. Age really does not seem to count against you one bit.

I did get asked at my interview why I wasn't going for the Exec-MBA but as long as you can explain your reasoning it is fine. In my case it was because I had a strong technical background but in terms of team leading/management experience I was probably 4 or 5 years behind some others my age so I didn't feel the exec was appropriate.

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Cranfield School of Management 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2011, 05:25
I have been admitted in the first round and now need to decide where to actually go (I have also been admitted by Manchester Business School). Yeah, and there is also possibility that I will be admitted by LBS and Oxford. So, many opportunities and hard time for me to choose the most appropriate. :)
Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Cranfield School of Management 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2011, 05:44
artuursk wrote:
I have been admitted in the first round and now need to decide where to actually go (I have also been admitted by Manchester Business School). Yeah, and there is also possibility that I will be admitted by LBS and Oxford. So, many opportunities and hard time for me to choose the most appropriate. :)

Nice problem to have :)

Good luck with your other applications.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 4

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Cranfield School of Management 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2012, 02:17
This may be of interest for people applying to Cranfield
imd-2013-calling-all-applicants-124970-140.html#p1071146
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Cranfield School of Management 2012 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2013, 21:23
Re: Calling all Cranfield School of Management 2012 Applicants!   [#permalink] 07 Mar 2013, 21:23