Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Oct 2014, 00:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 27 Jul 2007
Posts: 874
Location: Sunny So Cal
Schools: CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 186 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2008, 09:12
solaris1 wrote:
I'm in for R2 too. Let's wait until you folks submit before starting a roll call.


Have you submitted yet? Would you choose Darden over Johnson?
_________________

The True Value of YOUR MBA: 103-t64239
GMATClub's Unofficial Chartered Financial Analyst thread: 103-t63245
How Much Weight Does the CFA Carry with Admissions: 103-t68059

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2008
Posts: 354
Location: Texas
Schools: Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2), Tuck (R1), Darden (R1), Cornell (R1), Texas (R2), Rice (R1)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2008, 09:17
Best of luck guys! If u havent visited Darden, I would recommend that you do that! It truly is an awesome place!

(Note: My opinion might change if i get dinged on Jan 30, 2008)
_________________

Traffic never sleeps...


Last edited by traffix on 19 Dec 2008, 09:40, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP
avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Posts: 1502
Schools: NYU Stern '11
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 205 [0], given: 22

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2008, 09:21
Hey ryguy904, I'm working on my application and hope to submit by Christmas. As things stand right now, I would indeed choose Darden over Johnson.

ryguy904 wrote:
solaris1 wrote:
I'm in for R2 too. Let's wait until you folks submit before starting a roll call.


Have you submitted yet? Would you choose Darden over Johnson?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 Aug 2008
Posts: 251
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2008, 09:27
solaris1 wrote:
Hey ryguy904, I'm working on my application and hope to submit by Christmas. As things stand right now, I would indeed choose Darden over Johnson.



Come on Solaris.Don't make it too hard for ppl like me to get in. :)
SVP
SVP
avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Posts: 1502
Schools: NYU Stern '11
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 205 [0], given: 22

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2008, 11:04
I'm very flattered you think so highly of me fall09! Hopefully I'll get into my top choice Stern, or we could be classmates at Darden :)

fall09 wrote:
Come on Solaris.Don't make it too hard for ppl like me to get in. :)
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Posts: 105
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2008, 13:40
Does anyone know for certain what they are looking for with the GPA range in the educational section? Do they want the school's grade range, or your lowest and highest GPA? If it is your range, do they want it broken down by semesters or by years? It's a little vague...
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2008
Posts: 354
Location: Texas
Schools: Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2), Tuck (R1), Darden (R1), Cornell (R1), Texas (R2), Rice (R1)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 28 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2008, 13:51
1
This post received
KUDOS
I m not certain, but to me, they are asking you for the highest and the lowest possible GPA. Thats what I did.

atlmba2009 wrote:
Does anyone know for certain what they are looking for with the GPA range in the educational section? Do they want the school's grade range, or your lowest and highest GPA? If it is your range, do they want it broken down by semesters or by years? It's a little vague...

_________________

Traffic never sleeps...

1 KUDOS received
SVP
SVP
avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Posts: 1502
Schools: NYU Stern '11
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 205 [1] , given: 22

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2008, 15:06
1
This post received
KUDOS
I interpret it to mean 0.0 (F) to 4.0 (A).

atlmba2009 wrote:
Does anyone know for certain what they are looking for with the GPA range in the educational section? Do they want the school's grade range, or your lowest and highest GPA? If it is your range, do they want it broken down by semesters or by years? It's a little vague...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2008
Posts: 354
Location: Texas
Schools: Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2), Tuck (R1), Darden (R1), Cornell (R1), Texas (R2), Rice (R1)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2008, 17:34
For those who might not have visited Darden, they have posted a video presenting the case method in action. I highly recommend watching it if u have not yet written your essay 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfJ-Mk2g1NY
_________________

Traffic never sleeps...


Last edited by traffix on 20 Dec 2008, 19:13, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 Aug 2008
Posts: 251
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2008, 18:27
traffix wrote:
For those who might not have visited Darden, they have posted a video presenting the case method in action. I highly recommend watching it if have not yet written your essay 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfJ-Mk2g1NY


Thanks for the video.That prof spoke at the Atlanta Darden reception.

I completed my 'Fit for Case study" essay.I used one para to talk about why case study will be a fit for me and another para to talk about how I will contribute to the case study method.Is this a proper idea or should I approach it in a different manner?

Last edited by fall09 on 21 Dec 2008, 07:28, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 Aug 2008
Posts: 251
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2008, 19:17
My univ has % and no GPA system.How do I put it?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 Aug 2008
Posts: 251
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2008, 20:32
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 37
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2008, 13:46
I am in for round 2 as well, should be finishing my essay by end of next week. Very short essays...Not sure if I can fit my background and story into 1000 words, expecially with the topics asked. I really hope for an interview to talk about my life :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Posts: 37
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2008, 13:47
Oh 32 posts to date, I need to step up my game
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2008
Posts: 133
Location: NY, NY
Schools: Darden, Stern, CBS, Johnson, Fuqua
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2008, 14:13
Count me in for R2. Hopefully, I'll be submitting by the end of the week. I attended a Darden reception in NYC last week and felt that the current students and alumni are very engaging and personable. Dean Bruner was there and used the age-old Darden cold calling technique in the middle of his speech.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2008
Posts: 354
Location: Texas
Schools: Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2), Tuck (R1), Darden (R1), Cornell (R1), Texas (R2), Rice (R1)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2008, 14:13
pelihu or anyone else who might know,

Pelihu, u mentioned in your earlier post that Darden DOES take the interview seriously (compared to its peer schools). What role do u think it plays in the admission decision?

Thanks,
_________________

Traffic never sleeps...

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 11 Jul 2005
Posts: 67
Location: USA
Schools: Haas, Booth-PT
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2008, 18:25
Do I have to submit official transcript of my undergrad to apply or a scan would be fine? whats the requirement...anyone can share a link or something...
_________________

-----------------------------------------
My best friend gave me the best advice

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2008
Posts: 133
Location: NY, NY
Schools: Darden, Stern, CBS, Johnson, Fuqua
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2008, 19:55
mindgame wrote:
Do I have to submit official transcript of my undergrad to apply or a scan would be fine? whats the requirement...anyone can share a link or something...


From the Darden Application Requirements website...

Quote:
Transcripts
Applicants have two options for submitting an official transcript. The first option is to scan the official transcript as a Portable Document file (.pdf) and upload it in the educational history section of the application. The second option is to mail us a copy of the official transcript. If the applicant decides to mail the transcript, we must receive it by the deadline. Our online system will not allow an applicant to submit an application without a transcript. Applicants who completed their education in a non-English-speaking institution will need to make arrangements to have their academic records translated and sent with the official transcript. All translations must be complete and literal versions of the original records. If there are discrepancies between self-reported academic information and official transcripts, the offer of admission will be withdrawn. Offers of admission are not binding until academic records are verified.
1 KUDOS received
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 2308
Schools: Darden
Followers: 41

Kudos [?]: 423 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2008, 21:13
1
This post received
KUDOS
traffix wrote:
pelihu or anyone else who might know,

Pelihu, u mentioned in your earlier post that Darden DOES take the interview seriously (compared to its peer schools). What role do u think it plays in the admission decision?

Thanks,


Well, it's very clear that the adcoms at Darden try to admit people that understand the culture at Darden, are eager to be part of the community and will be a good fit for the school. Of course, every school says similar things, I think you'll find that Darden takes these things particularly seriously. As a result, it's no surprise that Darden as one of the strongest campus communities, and extremely strong ties with alumni across the years. Darden has the second highest rate of giving among all business schools (trailing on Tuck), and has an endowment that is, I believe, the largest among all the elite schools (the ultra-elite schools tend to have many more students and much larger endowments), which is amazing given Darden's relatively small size. There's no doubt that your interview will have an impact on your candidacy, where it doesn't always seem to be the case with other schools.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2008
Posts: 354
Location: Texas
Schools: Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2), Tuck (R1), Darden (R1), Cornell (R1), Texas (R2), Rice (R1)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2008, 21:50
Thanks for the reply. I think I did prove the "fit" during the interview. Cannot wait till Jan 30 now.


pelihu wrote:
traffix wrote:
pelihu or anyone else who might know,

Pelihu, u mentioned in your earlier post that Darden DOES take the interview seriously (compared to its peer schools). What role do u think it plays in the admission decision?

Thanks,


Well, it's very clear that the adcoms at Darden try to admit people that understand the culture at Darden, are eager to be part of the community and will be a good fit for the school. Of course, every school says similar things, I think you'll find that Darden takes these things particularly seriously. As a result, it's no surprise that Darden as one of the strongest campus communities, and extremely strong ties with alumni across the years. Darden has the second highest rate of giving among all business schools (trailing on Tuck), and has an endowment that is, I believe, the largest among all the elite schools (the ultra-elite schools tend to have many more students and much larger endowments), which is amazing given Darden's relatively small size. There's no doubt that your interview will have an impact on your candidacy, where it doesn't always seem to be the case with other schools.

_________________

Traffic never sleeps...

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants!   [#permalink] 21 Dec 2008, 21:50
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
5 Calling All Goizueta Fall 2009 Applicants! Atlanta321 85 11 Dec 2008, 11:46
12 Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! isa 737 10 Jul 2008, 18:42
34 Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2009 Applicants agold 632 12 Jun 2008, 10:18
21 Calling all MIT Fall 2009 applicants! isa 530 19 May 2008, 20:10
53 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all HBS Fall 2009 Applicants devansh_god 722 04 May 2008, 06:22
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  35    Next  [ 687 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.