Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Sep 2014, 10:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Schools: Haas, Booth-PT
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2008, 07:45
LeftOut wrote:
mindgame wrote:
Do I have to submit official transcript of my undergrad to apply or a scan would be fine? whats the requirement...anyone can share a link or something...

From the Darden Application Requirements website...

Quote:
Transcripts
Applicants have two options for submitting an official transcript. The first option is to scan the official transcript as a Portable Document file (.pdf) and upload it in the educational history section of the application. The second option is to mail us a copy of the official transcript. If the applicant decides to mail the transcript, we must receive it by the deadline. Our online system will not allow an applicant to submit an application without a transcript. Applicants who completed their education in a non-English-speaking institution will need to make arrangements to have their academic records translated and sent with the official transcript. All translations must be complete and literal versions of the original records. If there are discrepancies between self-reported academic information and official transcripts, the offer of admission will be withdrawn. Offers of admission are not binding until academic records are verified.

Thanks!

-----------------------------------------
My best friend gave me the best advice

Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg, Ross, Darden, Booth
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2008, 09:03
BW forums are reporting a shiny new Monday morning Interview Invite! Since the December interview window has closed (Dec 5th - Dec 19th), maybe they are refocusing on apps to get out the last interviews? On Dec 5, Adcom claimed that 50% of US invites still needed to be issued. In the two weeks since then they have been very busy interviewing, and we had almost no invite reports. So are they now getting back to app review and invite release? I certainly HOPE so...

:?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2008, 19:15
anyone know how strict Darden is about the word limit? I'm about 11 words over on the pivotal essay (500 word limit), do you think that's okay? I tried e-mailing Darden, but got no response on the topic.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Darden, Stern, CBS, Johnson, Fuqua

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2008, 19:56
liubhs02 wrote:
anyone know how strict Darden is about the word limit? I'm about 11 words over on the pivotal essay (500 word limit), do you think that's okay? I tried e-mailing Darden, but got no response on the topic.

Personally, I think 11 words on 500 is ok. I'm more concerned with the 250 word essays. I think it's tougher to "hide" extra words in such a short essay. Just my opinion, others may disagree.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2), Tuck (R1), Darden (R1), Cornell (R1), Texas (R2), Rice (R1)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2008, 20:11
Dont bother abt minor 'over the limit' essays. None of mine were under the limit. I interviewed 2 weeks ago. Noone will ever count the words. Just dont go overboard to the extent that they would notice the length of the essay.

Traffic never sleeps...

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)
Followers: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2008, 20:24
I guess I was the only person who really worried about those word limits. Nearly all of my essays on all of my apps were exactly or only one or two words under the limit. I guess on my R2 apps I can be a bit more flexible.

"Sic volvere parcas..."

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2008, 04:12
Just in case, all my essays were exactly at the word limits. not a word more or less.

BTW, does anyone know whether DARDEN is strict about keeping the decisions until the deadline even if you have been interviewed almost a month ago?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2008, 06:37
As far as I've heard, decisions go out ON the deadline, not before.

And I agree with above - no one, but no one, is going to count your words. They have much better things to do with their time. But they'll definitely get annoyed if you're obviously over the limit. Don't go more than 10-20 words over.
Current Student
Schools: CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 186 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2008, 09:15
Ntang wrote:
As far as I've heard, decisions go out ON the deadline, not before.

Based on my interactions with adcom, they seem like the school that would definitely call their admits. Is that not the case?

The True Value of YOUR MBA: 103-t64239
GMATClub's Unofficial Chartered Financial Analyst thread: 103-t63245
How Much Weight Does the CFA Carry with Admissions: 103-t68059

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2008, 10:07
I was told that they call all of their applicants. It is definitely that kind of culture at Darden.

"Sic volvere parcas..."

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2), Tuck (R1), Darden (R1), Cornell (R1), Texas (R2), Rice (R1)

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2008, 14:03
Leverandon wrote:
I was told that they call all of their applicants. It is definitely that kind of culture at Darden.

They call all applicants? I would be surprised if tht was true. I do know that they call their admits.

Traffic never sleeps...

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2008, 15:19
Hope they release the decisions before the deadline.

good luck to all!
Current Student
Schools: Tuck

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2008, 02:20
Hi, I am going to apply this January to Darden. I have been rejected from Kellogg and Columbia already, therefore I want to improve my application. For this reason I am looking for the recomendation questions, so that I can give a folder to my boss telling him about what can he write (I hope he will not send the same letter of Kellogg or Columbia). Anyone has these questions?
SVP
SVP
Schools: NYU Stern '11
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 205 [0], given: 22

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2008, 03:46
Here.

llest wrote:
Hi, I am going to apply this January to Darden. I have been rejected from Kellogg and Columbia already, therefore I want to improve my application. For this reason I am looking for the recomendation questions, so that I can give a folder to my boss telling him about what can he write (I hope he will not send the same letter of Kellogg or Columbia). Anyone has these questions?

Attachments

uva Recommendation.pdf [94.97 KiB]
Downloaded 60 times

To download please login or register as a user

Current Student
Schools: Tuck

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2008, 04:15
Thank you very much!!

solaris1 wrote:
Here.

llest wrote:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2008, 07:32
Where are you guys addressing the 'Why Darden' part?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2008, 08:05
fall 09,

U can address that in essay 3 and by meshing your essays 1 and 2. With darden, u dont have to include "why darden" in the essays. U can explain that in the interview. They are more interested in knowing more abt u rather than y u want them. Reading your essays, they will figure out whether u 'fit' at darden or not!

Traffic never sleeps...

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2008, 13:30
traffix wrote:
fall 09,

U can address that in essay 3 and by meshing your essays 1 and 2. With darden, u dont have to include "why darden" in the essays. U can explain that in the interview. They are more interested in knowing more abt u rather than y u want them. Reading your essays, they will figure out whether u 'fit' at darden or not!

Thanks Traffix.Shud I talk about what I can contribute to a case study in essay #3?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2008, 16:06
ya, you should surely talk abt that! more importantly, go through Sarah Naher's video on case method if u havent already. It would give u a great idea as to wht she is expecting in that essay!

Best,

fall09 wrote:
traffix wrote:
fall 09,

Thanks Traffix.Shud I talk about what I can contribute to a case study in essay #3?

Traffic never sleeps...

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2008, 17:51
traffix wrote:
Leverandon wrote:

They call all applicants? I would be surprised if tht was true. I do know that they call their admits.

Sorry...I meant admits.

"Sic volvere parcas..."

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants!   [#permalink] 24 Dec 2008, 17:51