Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:10 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Darden 2013
 Q49  V38 GMAT 2: 750  Q49  V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, Management
Schools:Darden
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: Public Finance, 3 years
WE 2: Corporate Finance - M&A at a BIG 4, 2 years
WE 3: Business Analysis, 1.5 years
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Wharton, Kellogg, MIT, Kenan-Flagler, Booth, Darden, Duke
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: GMO/Sustainability
Schools:<strong>Darden '13</strong>
Send PM
Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink]
Sweet! So does anyone have any idea about where they think they'll live while going to Darden? I know a lot of peeps stay at Ivy Gardens, but I'm not really too familiar with the apartment situation there.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
MateoLibre wrote:
Sweet! So does anyone have any idea about where they think they'll live while going to Darden? I know a lot of peeps stay at Ivy Gardens, but I'm not really too familiar with the apartment situation there.

I currently live in Arlington Court Condos, which is about a 7-10 minute walk from Darden. Right across from me is the Jeffersonian apartments, which is pretty cheap but gets filled up fast. Ivy Gardens is a tad closer to Darden, but it depends on where in that complex you live.

The condo I'm living at is pet friendly, $1050/month including water/sewage/trash. There are one and two bedroom units available. I'm in a two bedroom unit and it's one large bedroom and one small bedroom, which is ideal for couples (the bedroom's the size of the living room, so there's a lot of space). The smaller room can turn into a nice study room. There's a basement and many units will have a washer/dryer unit down there, which is convenient. There's also a laundry room on site. Each unit has 2 parking spaces in the lot and it's all assigned parking, towing enforced so you don't have to battle it out for space. If anyone's interested, let me know and I can put you in touch with my landlord (she owns several units and knows many of the other owners as well).

Hope this helps!

Originally posted by tarheel2009 on 25 Mar 2011, 14:55.
Last edited by tarheel2009 on 25 Mar 2011, 18:30, edited 2 times in total.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools:University of Virginia
Send PM
This is awesome! I'm glad to see so many more Darden folks now. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make Darden Days but I will definitely see you guys when school starts.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
tarheel2009 wrote:
MateoLibre wrote:

I currently live in Arlington Court Condos, which is about a 7-10 minute walk from the law school (3-5 min to the law school). Right across from me is the Jeffersonian apartments, which is pretty cheap but gets filled up fast. Ivy Gardens is a tad closer to Darden, but it depends on where in that complex you live. Basically, along That area's mostly filled with Law and Darden students. It's not a huge party area (that usually occurs at Ivy Gardens). Those are the only walking-distance areas to Darden.

The condos I'm living at is pet friendly, $1050/month including water. There are one and two bedroom units. The 2 bedroom unit's the one I'm in, and it's one large bedroom and one small bedroom, which is ideal for couples (the bedroom's the size of the living room, so there's a lot of space). The smaller room can turn into a nice study room. There's a basement and many units will have a washer/dryer unit down there, which is convenient. There's also a laundry room on site. Each unit has 2 parking spaces in the lot and it's all assigned parking, towing enforced so you don't have to battle it out for space. If anyone's interested, let me know and I can put you in touch with my landlord (she owns several units and knows many of the other owners as well).

Hope this helps!

tarheel, would you happen to have any comments about Barracks West and UHeights? I found both of these complexes on Craigslist (both are pet-friendly) and are fairly cheap in terms of their monthly rent.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
bakfed wrote:
tarheel2009 wrote:
MateoLibre wrote:

I currently live in Arlington Court Condos, which is about a 7-10 minute walk from the law school (3-5 min to the law school). Right across from me is the Jeffersonian apartments, which is pretty cheap but gets filled up fast. Ivy Gardens is a tad closer to Darden, but it depends on where in that complex you live. Basically, along That area's mostly filled with Law and Darden students. It's not a huge party area (that usually occurs at Ivy Gardens). Those are the only walking-distance areas to Darden.

The condos I'm living at is pet friendly, $1050/month including water. There are one and two bedroom units. The 2 bedroom unit's the one I'm in, and it's one large bedroom and one small bedroom, which is ideal for couples (the bedroom's the size of the living room, so there's a lot of space). The smaller room can turn into a nice study room. There's a basement and many units will have a washer/dryer unit down there, which is convenient. There's also a laundry room on site. Each unit has 2 parking spaces in the lot and it's all assigned parking, towing enforced so you don't have to battle it out for space. If anyone's interested, let me know and I can put you in touch with my landlord (she owns several units and knows many of the other owners as well).

Hope this helps!

tarheel, would you happen to have any comments about Barracks West and UHeights? I found both of these complexes on Craigslist (both are pet-friendly) and are fairly cheap in terms of their monthly rent.

I actually looked into both places when I moved here in 2009. Barracks West has, in addition to a nonrefundable pet deposit, a monthly "pet rent," which I was against on principle. UHeights was just too old for me, plus they make you handle all utilities including trash/sewage. I don't know if things have changed in the last couple years though.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hey guys, do you have any information about how were scolarships for round one? is it possible to get a scolarship? like seriously?
Retired Moderator
Send PM
XX1986 wrote:
Hey guys, do you have any information about how were scolarships for round one? is it possible to get a scolarship? like seriously?

When you get your packet of information, it will include scholarship information, if you have any. And yes, of couse it's possible to get a scholarship. :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
signed up as well.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Have folks from R2 admit gotten their package yet? Just wondering if we can be expecting it early next week. Thanks!

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools:<strong>Ross '13</strong>
 Q46  V40
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: Business Development / Sales
Send PM
kl88926n wrote:
Have folks from R2 admit gotten their package yet? Just wondering if we can be expecting it early next week. Thanks!

The person that called me about admission said that it should arrive Monday-ish. I'm in the Western US.
Intern
Intern
 Q40  V30 GMAT 2: 610  Q42  V31 GMAT 3: 580  Q42  V27
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
Waitlisted!!! I really want to be admitted to Darden. I was accepted to Fuqua, but I prefer to attend Darden.

When crafting a waitlist letter, to whom should it be address (Admissions committee or Director of Admissions)? Also, should I send it to my interviewer or to the generic Darden email address (darden@virginia.edu)

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rpratt620 wrote:
kl88926n wrote:

The person that called me about admission said that it should arrive Monday-ish. I'm in the Western US.

rpratt620- I'm on the west coast as well (SF Bay Area). What about you?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
rpratt - you choosing Darden over Ross with $$$? Reasons??
Retired Moderator
Send PM
All the admitted students, don't forget to join the facebook group if you can. You can find access to it on the admitted student portal.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bakfed wrote:
All the admitted students, don't forget to join the facebook group if you can. You can find access to it on the admitted student portal.

I tried to join the facebook group, and I sent in my "request", but I still haven't been approved or allowed into the group haha.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
MateoLibre wrote:
bakfed wrote:

I tried to join the facebook group, and I sent in my "request", but I still haven't been approved or allowed into the group haha.

Ya, it took me a couple of days as well, but you'll get in soon enough :-D
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools:Yale School of Management '13
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 7 years in Software Development
Send PM
Any current Darden students on this forum?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  70   71   72   73   74   75   76  ...  86   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts