Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 20:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Darden Fall 2011 Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 16

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2011, 17:53
I think June 30th. I am yet to receive confirmation.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jun 2011, 07:57
reapplicant wrote:
I think June 30th. I am yet to receive confirmation.

Thanks for answering the question...I am pretty sure I am not the only one still waiting who really appreciates any information they can get about what's going on with adcom.

Congrats on your acceptance, I am sure they'll send you your confirmation soon.
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare
GPA: 3.8

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jun 2011, 09:11
ProspectiveMBA wrote:
Thanks for answering the question...I am pretty sure I am not the only one still waiting who really appreciates any information they can get about what's going on with adcom.

Congrats on your acceptance, I am sure they'll send you your confirmation soon.

Yup, I'm in the same boat and the waiting is beginning to really wear me out... I hope more admits are on the way! I really want to go to Darden this fall.

I'm wondering what adcom's strategy is at this point...
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.37
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 153 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jun 2011, 17:58
MBAIsrael wrote:
n03 wrote:
ProspectiveMBA wrote:
My guess is that adcom sent this email to everyone on the waitlist to ensure that they have clean list. That is, they want to increase their chances that everyone who is offered admission, at this point, accepts. Every offer that Darden makes increases their acceptance rate. If this rate gets too high then it will negatively impact their rankings. Narrowing their list first starts with them getting rid of applicants who no longer wish to be on it.

Posted from my mobile device Image

What do you mean "if the rate gets too high then it will negatively impact their rankings"? Don't schools want higher yield? Or did you mean something else.

I guess that he meant "if this rate gets too low".

Got the call few hours ago – I was accepted off the waitlist! I’m really excited and happy. I hope that more WL’ers will hear good news soon!

Good luck everyone!

I think you guys are confusing acceptance rate with yield.

If the AdCom sends out acceptances without making sure everyone on their list is still interested, then they risk making offers to people who aren't interested which would (a) increase their acceptance rate (the percentage of applicants that Darden admits) and (b) decrease their yield (the percentage of admitted applicants who matriculate at Darden)
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2011, 19:33
I have an 15-min application feedback appointment next week. Is there anyone here who already had it? what is like? I just need to listen their comments or I have to ask questions?
Do I need to make any preparations?
Manager
Manager
Schools: Darden,McCombs,Owen ($$$$),Booth (int),Kellogg (int)
WE 1: 4 years software consulting - US
WE 2: 2 years management consulting - Argentina
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2011, 08:08
They might ask you what you think you might need to improve, but it's laid back and honest. I did one last year after being waitlisted, addressed the issue we discussed and was admitted this year. Take their feedback and act on it regardless of where you apply next year.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
Schools: Darden

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2011, 15:46
I haven't been on here in a while but I got the call also a couple of weeks ago I guess when the rest of y'all did, so I'll be there as well. Now just scrambling to get everything done in a short period of time!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2011, 03:47
Hi Guys,

Trying to make a decision between Darden and Fuqua. My post MBA goal is management consulting, my past experience has been in manufacturing/operations. I have family in the Southern California region and was hoping to move there after my MBA, working for a consulting firm or a general management position.

I didn't get any scholarship at either of the two places so cost s about the same. Visited both schools, loved them both. Having a really hard time deciding. I would appreciate any input or feedback.

Thanks
1 KUDOS received
Retired Moderator
Schools: University of Virginia
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 217 [1] , given: 37

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2011, 17:24
This post received
KUDOS
vjsn1982 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Trying to make a decision between Darden and Fuqua. My post MBA goal is management consulting, my past experience has been in manufacturing/operations. I have family in the Southern California region and was hoping to move there after my MBA, working for a consulting firm or a general management position.

I didn't get any scholarship at either of the two places so cost s about the same. Visited both schools, loved them both. Having a really hard time deciding. I would appreciate any input or feedback.

Thanks

As far as I know, Darden has a higher percentage of post-MBA consulting than that of Fuqua. Both schools attract all 3 top MC firms (M/B/B), but I think Bain might be at a higher representation at Darden and McKinsey might be higher at Fuqua. Honestly, the caliber of these two schools are really similar and I don't think you'll go wrong with either. As for me, it's going to be biased because I felt a better connection with Darden than I did with Fuqua. Sometimes it's that 'gut' feeling that simply just push you over to one side or another.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Jun 2011, 06:29
thanks bakfed!
Retired Moderator

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 37

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Jun 2011, 06:46
You're very welcome and just to reemphasize, you really can't go wrong with either school. Both of these schools' reputations are top-notch and will attract all types of recruiters, including the traditional banking and consulting firms.

Current Student

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Jun 2011, 12:44
vjsn1982 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks

You should go to Fuqua, then maybe Darden will have a spot for me in the incoming class =)) haha
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.03
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2011, 06:06
Does anyone know when classes begin at Darden?
Retired Moderator

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 37

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2011, 06:07
fuji wrote:
Does anyone know when classes begin at Darden?

Mid-August (8/15) is when mandatory orientation starts. The official classes will start on 8/22.

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.03
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Jul 2011, 05:40
so inferno has a expiration date. by that point someone will have started the Darden 2012 thread. :)
Current Student

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Jul 2011, 14:39
Is there anyone else out there still on the waitlist? How much longer do we have to wait for a decision??
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Jul 2011, 14:04
n03 wrote:
Is there anyone else out there still on the waitlist? How much longer do we have to wait for a decision??

Don't worry, you've still got some company. At this point, I would guess that they've probably filled the class. However, they may wait until end of July/beginning of August to make sure there are not any last minute deferrals and/or drop offs. Again, it's just a guess and I know it's not the most hopeful scenario. However, people do occasionally make other plans at the last minute. And hey, if it is just the two of us, maybe we have a pretty good shot!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Jul 2011, 15:52
Hi

I just joined this discussion.

I am a second round waitlist too. Infact, I have been on the waitlist for 3 consecutive years all the way till July... torture eh?

Well, good luck to everyone... Still hopeful ...
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2011, 05:34
DardenMBA,
Any reason why you applied 2nd round after being waitlisted? Seems like applying first round would make more sense and increase your chances for admission/$.

Also, I'm on the WL at Darden as well, but with only a month until things get rolling in Charlottesville I would be surprised if any more WL acceptances are made.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2011, 05:38
irishequine

I totally agree with you. The one thing I have not done in the last 3 years (And will probably do this year), is to apply in the first round. Last year, I was told I needed to improve my GMAT score, which is why I took sometime to apply, and did so in the second round. I am guessing had I applied in the first round, it would have made a big difference.
Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2011 Applicants!   [#permalink] 07 Jul 2011, 05:38