Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:03 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.75
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
Re: Darden 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Good luck everyone next week! I definitely need it since Darden is where I want to end up in this fall.

Will all accepted candidates receive a phone call on the 27th and all applicants have their status updated at midnight as they did for R1?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: UVA (Darden) - Class of 2014
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
gmatmba1 wrote:
Good luck everyone next week! I definitely need it since Darden is where I want to end up in this fall.

Will all accepted candidates receive a phone call on the 27th and all applicants have their status updated at midnight as they did for R1?

I can't speak for all, but after reviewing earlier pages of this thread, it looks like everyone who was accepted got the call the day before and potential scholarships via snail mail in the formal admit letter. So hopefully that means one less day of waiting and tons of good news for everyone being patient on this board! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
krzt wrote:
gmatmba1 wrote:

I can't speak for all, but after reviewing earlier pages of this thread, it looks like everyone who was accepted got the call the day before and potential scholarships via snail mail in the formal admit letter. So hopefully that means one less day of waiting and tons of good news for everyone being patient on this board! :)

Yep, that seems to be the pattern. It also appears that results go live for anyone at midnight, which is nice for those that don't get a call.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: War veteran & gallantry award winner.
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.81
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Just a couple of queries:

- Will Darden call up everyone on the 27th? Or can we still expect an admit without the call?

- Do they give the scholarship decisions directly on the phone like Booth? Or do they only do so via mail? Also, are all scholarships given out during the call itself, especially the bigger (full/half waiver) ones? Or do they give these out only after the whole class has been finalised, by about May-June?

Thanks in advance!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: UVA (Darden) - Class of 2014
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
tgtivyleague wrote:

- Will Darden call up everyone on the 27th? Or can we still expect an admit without the call?

- Do they give the scholarship decisions directly on the phone like Booth? Or do they only do so via mail? Also, are all scholarships given out during the call itself, especially the bigger (full/half waiver) ones? Or do they give these out only after the whole class has been finalised, by about May-June?

Thanks in advance!

This is what I was getting at in my post a couple posts up. I don't know if EVERYONE actually receives a call, but on GMATClub, everyone who was admitted R1 looks like they received a call the day before dday. Consulting2Finance also has a good guess that all decisions will come out online at midnight. R1ers also said that all scholarship decisions would be in formal writing in the actual acceptance letter, which will come via snail mail within the week after the decision. Scholarship announcements are not made on the phone.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
krzt wrote:
tgtivyleague wrote:

Thanks in advance!

This is what I was getting at in my post a couple posts up. I don't know if EVERYONE actually receives a call, but on GMATClub, everyone who was admitted R1 looks like they received a call the day before dday. Consulting2Finance also has a good guess that all decisions will come out online at midnight. R1ers also said that all scholarship decisions would be in formal writing in the actual acceptance letter, which will come via snail mail within the week after the decision. Scholarship announcements are not made on the phone.

Since there are more applicants/admits in R2 compared to R1, maybe the calls will start on Monday?!
:shock:
Anyway, good luck everyone.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Is Darden a "no grade disclosure" school where recruiters are forbidden to ask about grades?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V46
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
vcubikes wrote:
Is Darden a "no grade disclosure" school where recruiters are forbidden to ask about grades?

If I remember correctly, the school doesn't disclose your grades but you may be asked your grades by the recruiter or some students do share their grades with prospective employers
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
srjaidev wrote:
vcubikes wrote:

If I remember correctly, the school doesn't disclose your grades but you may be asked your grades by the recruiter or some students do share their grades with prospective employers

This is similar to what I heard. It's officially non-disclosure but probably not enforced as much as other schools. I was told most recruiters can't ask but McKinsey and Goldman do..and can...because they are McKinsey and Goldman. I'm not sure if that applies at other non-disclosure schools as well with these companies.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Consulting2Finance wrote:
srjaidev wrote:
vcubikes wrote:

This is similar to what I heard. It's officially non-disclosure but probably not enforced as much as other schools. I was told most recruiters can't ask but McKinsey and Goldman do..and can...because they are McKinsey and Goldman. I'm not sure if that applies at other non-disclosure schools as well with these companies.
From what I remember, Darden does not have an official GND policy (I may be wrong here) .... And recruiters actually do ask about the grades/gpa/GMAT scores, especially the top ones.

As far as other schools are concerned, I remember about 2 schools - Wharton has a student run GND which is strictly enforced and Booth has an official GND, which again is enforced in totality! While one cannot rule out the fact that some students, especially those who are in the top 1%/5% bracket, may divulge their feats, it is more of an exception than the rule, as far as I know.

Best of luck for tomorrow everyone :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I just realised that each of my five schools has a different colour code to it :) Talk about rainbows!!!!

But that is going to change tomorrow in all probability! Hope that Darden follows the Booth way rather than Wharton or HBS .........

Sam
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
No recieved a phone call from Darden?? Guess expectations were Adcom might give a call on 26th itself followed by an email on 27th..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
Send PM
Just to let you all know, in rd1, I got the call 1 day before 'official' decisions date and only got the full scholarship news on the package that arrived in my house a few days later.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Thanks.. That way people should have got a call on 26th itself.. I dont see any update here..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 139 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
A little late, but just wanted to let y'all know that I removed myself off the waitlist a few days back after getting Booth's result..My Darden journey is officially over!

Wish you all the good luck for the upcoming results!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.6
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Consulting)
Send PM
Best of luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
Send PM
krzt wrote:
tgtivyleague wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Exactly - scholarships info is sent later on in your admittance package.
Admitted students are supposed to get a call today (27th). I know how stressful it is to be taped to your phone...

vcubikes wrote:

IB and consulting will ask about grades, the others won't.

Good luck to all R2 applicants! Hang in there!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  43   44   45   46   47   48   49  ...  57   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts