Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:44 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V29
GRE 1: Q159 V143
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1136 [0]
Given Kudos: 420
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 550 Q41 V25
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V35
WE:General Management (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V29
GRE 1: Q159 V143
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Re: Calling all Darden-UVA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
joseph0alexander wrote:
wow congrats guys! where are you from? Good luck!

Im from Mexico City! Does anybody knows why there are any dates available to interview? I tried scheduling my interview but everything is full what should I do?
Intern
Intern
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi Guys,

I am an International Female applicant for Class 2018 (would be applying in R1 2016) from India. Can anyone please evaluate my profile for Darden?

All India Senior Secondary Exam (High School) - 95.0%, (Top 5% in the country)

Undergraduate: Bachelors in Commerce (Honors) - 70.3% from SRCC, university of Delhi - Best Commerce Undergraduate College in Asia

Work experience: 4 years of work experience (by Fall 2016) in BlackRock - world's largest Asset Management Firm - working as a Senior Financial Analyst in the Securitization Domain (US GSE client).

Great ECAs throughout and leadership experience at work place.

What would be my chances with this profile? Would really appreciate the help!
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Manali21 wrote:
I am an International Female applicant for Class 2018 (would be applying in R1 2016) from India. Can anyone please evaluate my profile for Darden?

-
-

Hi Manali,

Visit this forum to get thorough evaluation of your profile by expert admission consultants. ask-admission-consultants-124/
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Earlier this week, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business announced it will welcome a new and diverse cohort of ventures to the 2015 i.Lab Incubator program, a university-wide initiative that supports early-stage businesses from U.Va. and the greater Charlottesville community. The i.Lab and the incubator are operated by Darden’s Batten Institute for Entrepreneurship and Innovation.

The 24 ventures in the 2015 class include 10 founded by Darden students, 10 founded by U.Va. students or faculty members, and four founded by individuals unaffiliated with the University.

“This year we saw a particularly experienced group of applicants,” said Philippe Sommer, director of Darden’s Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership. “It will be an incredible asset to have entrepreneurs in the incubator with deep expertise in fields such as engineering, biomedicine and education.”

(c) jack looney photography

The i.Lab Incubator program includes a 10-week summer accelerator, during which participants develop and refine their business ideas and participate in the community of fellow entrepreneurs. Ventures receive a $5,000 grant, office space, mentoring support, networking opportunities with local investors, and access to accounting and technological expertise. The program also includes a clinic with faculty and students from the U.Va. School of Law, who offer guidance on the legal aspects of new-venture creation.

Participants in the i.Lab Incubator can also tap into the experience of a cadre of entrepreneurs in residence, who provide one-on-one coaching and offer sessions on various aspects of the entrepreneurial process.

Eight ventures from the 2014 class will remain with the program for the coming year — the largest number of returning ventures in the program’s history. “These young companies have made great strides, figuring out their business models and how to manage risk,” continued Sommer. “We are all impressed by their desire to persevere and to continue exploring the market for their offerings.”

If you are looking for guidance on your MBA application, Stacy Blackman Consulting can help with hourly and comprehensive consulting services. Contact us to learn more. Visit the website for Stacy Blackman Reviews, and check out the company’s e-publications for more in depth school-by-school guidance.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Quick announcement: Darden pre-MBA travel is $100 off through Friday via https://www.tripweave.com/darden/. Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Manali21 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Undergraduate: Bachelors in Commerce (Honors) - 70.3% from SRCC, university of Delhi - Best Commerce Undergraduate College in Asia

Work experience: 4 years of work experience (by Fall 2016) in BlackRock - world's largest Asset Management Firm - working as a Senior Financial Analyst in the Securitization Domain (US GSE client).

what's your GMAT - very important for Indian candidates but it helps that you are female and not engineer/IT based.
Intern
Intern
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
wmay wrote:
Manali21 wrote:
Hi Guys,

what's your GMAT - very important for Indian candidates but it helps that you are female and not engineer/IT based.

My current GMAT is 680 But I am retaking it. Hoping for 720+. If I do get that, what would be my chances?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Entrepreneurship at Darden: 10Thoughts
The internet is full of content to read – but how does an MBA student know what content is worth his or her time? That’s the problem that Jack Mara’s (MBA ’15) new venture, 10Thoughts, aims to solve. Through user recommendations, 10Thoughts curates a list of current articles worth reading and delivers them to you via email once a week (or through a visit to their website), allowing MBA students to easily target well-written, thought-provoking articles in their spare time, rather than wading through the sea of content that comes to them through various channels.

Mara, who is originally from Boston, MA, really wanted to take advantage of the entrepreneurship classes offered in the second year at Darden. In his Starting New Ventures class with Professor Saras Sarasvathy, he decided that his project was going to be helping fellow second years achieve whatever goals they had for the year. This broad idea led him to create plans for people trying to accomplish things such as running every day, quitting smoking, or reading more. Of the plans that he worked on, Mara felt that he was having the most success helping his classmates read more: he was recommending five articles a week, and his classmates were reading and enjoying them. A desire for more variety led him to ask several other MBA students for article recommendations, and when that took off – at the time, over 30 people were signed up for his manual email updates – he decided to make it an automated service. And thus, 10Thoughts was born.

After establishing his idea in Starting New Ventures, Mara went on to take Developing New Products and Services with Professor Raul Chao, where he continued to refine and develop 10Thoughts. From there, he began a Darden Venture Project (DVP) so that he could focus on 10Thoughts full-time — another perk of Darden’s second year curriculum. Professor Chao serves as his advisor for this project.

Mara credits Darden’s strong entrepreneurial curriculum and faculty with the success of 10Thoughts. Professors Sarasvathy and Chao were key in instilling the mindset of constant experimentation in him, and teaching him that true entrepreneurship is about the process of getting something to succeed. He learned that the idea for a start-up is irrelevant – you never know what ideas are going to work, but success comes from experimenting over and over. The more tests you can run, says Mara, the faster you can figure out what works and what does not.

Now, with its easy-to-navigate website (built by Mara’s younger brother, Jeffrey, a student at Lehigh University), 10Thoughts has over 800 subscribers from a variety of business schools. Users can sign up for weekly updates of the most popular articles, follow up to five friends for a more finely curated list of content they want to see, and even make their own article recommendations. And, it’s just going to keep getting better: Mara and business partner Jerome Hughes (MBA ’15) will be in Darden’s iLab this summer. Mara tells us his summer goals include developing an app so that 10Thoughts can be mobile, improving article curation and delivery timing, and perhaps getting some members of larger companies to recommend articles. He is also looking to grow his customer base and garner more feedback, so he encourages you to sign up for the service (10thoughts.com) and send him your thoughts on your experience (maraj15@darden.virginia.edu).

Best of luck to Jack, Jerome, and Jeffrey as they continue their adventure with 10Thoughts!

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Haven't logged in for a bit but figured I'd give an update for the waitlisted hopefuls out there:

Although it killed me a little bit because I really truly LOVED Darden I ended up declining the offer for financial reasons as Johnson essentially offered me a life changing amount of $

Hope this spot goes to one of you guys on the forums! And I hope you all have a fantastic time in Charlottesville!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1136 [0]
Given Kudos: 420
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
Best wishes to everyone who interviewed! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Anyone heard anything from Darden yet?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.61
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
camfrey wrote:

They usually start calling R2 waitlister accepts and R3 accepts today. Not sure if anyone started receiving calls yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nicelystupid wrote:
camfrey wrote:

They usually start calling R2 waitlister accepts and R3 accepts today. Not sure if anyone started receiving calls yet?

Oh that's a relief thank you :) I've been reading previous posts on this thread, and people say Darden adcom starts calling admitted applicants the day before, and also there are changes on the application page that you see the day before only if you're admitted. Mine hasn't changed yet, so I'm worried.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GRE 1: Q770 V680
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
They started calling yesterday itself. See link https://blog.clearadmit.com/livewire/?school=uva-darden

Hope they will call today as well!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes, let's hope for the best;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
WE:Other (Insurance)
Send PM
Kudos
don't stress out if you dont get an early call! i didnt get a call until super late the day of (like 4pm and i'm based on the east coast!) and was also offered a sizable scholarship. i swear they just pull names out of a hat ;-). good luck to everyone!!
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply

Good Luck to all Darden UVA Round 3 Applicants.

While you wait, join the GMAT Club chat for live updates!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts