Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 14:18 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
Re: Calling all Darden-UVA Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Darden 2016 Fall Open Houses
We are thrilled to announce that our 2016 Open Houses are now open for registration.

Darden offers several open houses throughout the fall season to help prospective students learn more about the school. Each event includes a full day of programming designed to help you assess your fit with the program and the Darden community. This year, each open house will also include a discussion of a specific area of interest for prospective students.

You can find topics and registration links below. Prospective applicants are welcome to attend any one of these open houses, but are encouraged to visit on the day that most closely aligns with their interests.

Monday, 5 September

Entrepreneurship & Innovation – Register

Monday, 12 September

Business in Society – Register

Monday, 19 September

Women at Darden – Register

Monday, 26 September

Asset Management & Investing – Register

Monday, 3 October

Technology & Data Analytics – Register

Monday, 10 October

Military at Darden – Register

Thursday, 27 October and Friday, 28 October18

Diversity at Darden – Register

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
VP
VP
Send PM
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Summer Stories from the Tech Club, Part 2
We’re back with another summer internship story from the Tech Club. Linden Schult (Class of 2017) is in Seattle this summer, interning with Amazon. See what she has to say below:

Linden Schult ’17 – Amazon, Seattle
What a whirlwind! I can’t believe I’m starting my fourth week as an RLD Intern at Amazon. In some ways, everything you have heard about Amazon is true – there’s only a day and a half of orientation, and then you dive right into your project. There’s a steep learning curve, it’s up to you to drive your project, and they expect results. However, the infamous NY Times article missed why Amazon is such an amazing place to work.

There’s a steep learning curve – it’s almost hard to comprehend how much I’ve learned in three weeks. Amazon is a tech company first and foremost. It’s incredible to learn about neat initiatives the company is working on and the ways in which employees drive innovation.

It’s up to YOU to drive your project – you’re given your project topic and some key stakeholders, and it’s up to you to figure it out. You setup meetings, you dig into the data, you come with ideas. And it’s awesome. You get to structure your schedule and balance meetings and work in the way that is best for you. I’ve found that I enjoy getting to the office very early, working on my own for a few hours, getting lunch with friends, and then having back-to-back afternoon meetings.

They expect results – My final deliverable will have real business implications for Amazon. The projects you are given are real business questions that people are asking. I get to work with people across different teams every day. On multiple occasions, I have scheduled a meeting with one person, who has then invited a few others who also want to talk about my project. I know the bar is high for my final deliverable, but I know that I’m working on something important and that Amazon values my recommendation.

My favorite part about working at Amazon? The people. I work on the Kitchen team, and it’s wonderful. Even though I’m an intern, I sit with the team and learn about the different roles, responsibilities, and projects. Most importantly, everyone makes a point to stop by my desk, say hello, and offer to sit down with me if I have any questions. There are no stupid questions. You’re encourage to ask questions and dive into things, whether they are specifically related to your project or about working full time at Amazon. People are approachable, helpful, and friendly.

I’ve enjoyed my first three weeks and I’m excited for the next eight!

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All UVA Darden Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All UVA Darden Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All UVA Darden Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated UVA Darden Forum to dive into all things related to UVA Darden's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts