Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:42 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
 Q47  V44
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke 2008 applicants... [#permalink]
SkiC wrote:
***For those attending BDW***

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it in for BDW. I was hoping those that are attending wouldn't mind taking some pics of the ongoing (I'm not sure how far along they are now) construction of the new facilities. In addition, those that are going on the apartment tour, can you take some pictures of the various communities? It would be great for those who can attend to share their visual experiences with those who can't make it in...

Thanks in advance!!! Enjoy the weekend!

No problem, SkiC. I live about 2 miles from Fuqua, so I'll go take some pics of the construction this week. I won't be going on the apartment tour, but I can tell you that the complex I live in is awesome and would highly recommend it. It costs $715/mo for ~1100 sq. ft., 2 bed, 2 bath, and basic cable included. As mentioned earlier, it's 2 miles from campus and it's in the middle of Duke Forest, with lots of running and nature walk trails. Let me know if you're interested and I'll PM you more information about the complex.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Ross 2010
 Q44  V44
Send PM
AAU,

Do you know anything about the Women in Business lunch on Friday? I remember replying that I would attend, but not much else. If you have any information such as the time and location that would be great.

Thanks!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
I'll be there too!

It's from 1 to 3:30 (the lunch is followed by a reception or networking event or social of some kind) and is at the WaDuke.

Details, I am sure, are forthcoming.

skaballet wrote:
AAU,

Do you know anything about the Women in Business lunch on Friday? I remember replying that I would attend, but not much else. If you have any information such as the time and location that would be great.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Bdevil25 wrote:
No problem, SkiC. I live about 2 miles from Fuqua, so I'll go take some pics of the construction this week. I won't be going on the apartment tour, but I can tell you that the complex I live in is awesome and would highly recommend it. It costs $715/mo for ~1100 sq. ft., 2 bed, 2 bath, and basic cable included. As mentioned earlier, it's 2 miles from campus and it's in the middle of Duke Forest, with lots of running and nature walk trails. Let me know if you're interested and I'll PM you more information about the complex.

Bdevil: would you mind sending me a PM with more info your building? I'm attending BDW but have to leave very early on Sun morning so I will miss the apt tour. Thanks!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
TJ wrote:

Bdevil: would you mind sending me a PM with more info your building? I'm attending BDW but have to leave very early on Sun morning so I will miss the apt tour. Thanks!

TJ, just wanted to give you an update on my deadline extension request: Kellogg did not grant me an extension. But if I were you, I would ask Fuqua for one anyway since schools vary greatly in their policies regarding deadline extensions.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
nervous,

why no Duke in your avatar :-(?
Current Student
Send PM
futuredukemba wrote:
nervous,

why no Duke in your avatar :-(?

That's all i could find on the net :-) I am not very good with photo shop to morph the three together :-D

But I am defiinitely going to the BDW and definitely considering Duke!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
nervousgmat wrote:
TJ, just wanted to give you an update on my deadline extension request: Kellogg did not grant me an extension. But if I were you, I would ask Fuqua for one anyway since schools vary greatly in their policies regarding deadline extensions.

Hi nervous...I just saw your post on the Kellogg thread..sorry the extension didn't work out for you but thanks for keeping me posted. I heard from another applicant that Duke is pretty firm with the deadline as well but it is worth a shot since the deposit deadline for Duke is 2 days before DAK! I guess this is the problem with applying in 2 different rounds.

AAU--Did you confirm a location for the gmatclub drinks during BDW? I'm fine with any of the places you suggested...#3 sounded good because it is still close but you mentioned it might be less crowded. I'm heading out to Durham a day early and will be without internet access as of tomorrow 3pm EST--if I PM you my contact info can you let me know when the plans are confirmed?

I'll see some of you in a few days at BDW :lol: For those of us coming out from a colder climate the mid- to high- 20's forecast in Durham is looking really nice! :-D
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Ok, I'm going to go ahead and call it!

Option 3 it is!

We'll meet on Friday evening at 9:30pm at Bull McCabes, just down Main Street from Brightleaf. 427 W Main St (https://www.bullmccabesirishpub.com/). If you are standing at the entrance to Satisfactions and facing Main St, turn to your right and go a few blocks. BM's is on the right. PM me if you want my cell.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Great, I am planning to be there too. Looking forward to seeing you all. Thanks for putting this together, Aau.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
 Q47  V44
Send PM
SkiC wrote:
***For those attending BDW***

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it in for BDW. I was hoping those that are attending wouldn't mind taking some pics of the ongoing (I'm not sure how far along they are now) construction of the new facilities. In addition, those that are going on the apartment tour, can you take some pictures of the various communities? It would be great for those who can attend to share their visual experiences with those who can't make it in...

Thanks in advance!!! Enjoy the weekend!

SkiC,

I took a couple snaps as I drove by Fuqua this morning. Not much to see, but this is what the construction looks like right now.

Maybe I'll be able to get some inside shots this weekend...
Attachments

Fuqua Construction 2.jpeg
Fuqua Construction 2.jpeg [ 672.83 KiB | Viewed 1793 times ]

Fuqua Construction 1.jpeg
Fuqua Construction 1.jpeg [ 757.85 KiB | Viewed 1798 times ]

Current Student
Send PM
Guys, I will be late to the 9:30 outing on Friday (today). Our flight does not get into Greensboro Airport until 8:30PM.
Aau, I will call to see if you are still at the bar when we arrive to Washington Inn.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
I wont be able to make it tonight as well. Arriving first thing tomorrow AM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
you guys are missing out!!

I'll be rockin, that's for sure....all my friends are making fun of our little geek reunion. they're jealous.

And remember that partners are totally welcome! I will bring NDHLP.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
I couldn't attend.... :cry:

Snaps, debriefs etc will help one and all...
Aau please lead the way...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
BDevil-

Thanks a lot! Much obliged...
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Hey, all! We had fun getting together last night - sorry to those of you who missed it.

Listen, I'm around today, doing other stuff, but won't be at school. But if any of you want a friendly voice who won't give you the hard sell, get a hold of me. PM me or call me if you have my cell.

Oh, and I am hosting the baseball game tomorrow. I don't know if the weather will cooperate, but if it does, come along! If it doesn't, we can get coffee or something....
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23