Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 23:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Duke 2008 applicants...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Duke 2008 applicants... [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2008, 13:43
***For those attending BDW***

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it in for BDW. I was hoping those that are attending wouldn't mind taking some pics of the ongoing (I'm not sure how far along they are now) construction of the new facilities. In addition, those that are going on the apartment tour, can you take some pictures of the various communities? It would be great for those who can attend to share their visual experiences with those who can't make it in...

Thanks in advance!!! Enjoy the weekend!
Current Student
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Duke 2008 applicants... [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2008, 14:28
Unfortunately something pretty urgent has come up and I wont be able to attend BDW as well. It sucks but have to cancel my reservation at the Inn and flight tickets as well.

hope you guys have a good time and someone posts a recap of the events.
VP
VP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Duke 2008 applicants... [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2008, 17:16
Look forward to meeting everyone!

Lhotseface
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Duke 2008 applicants... [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2008, 17:30
SkiC wrote:

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it in for BDW. I was hoping those that are attending wouldn't mind taking some pics of the ongoing (I'm not sure how far along they are now) construction of the new facilities. In addition, those that are going on the apartment tour, can you take some pictures of the various communities? It would be great for those who can attend to share their visual experiences with those who can't make it in...

No problem, SkiC. I live about 2 miles from Fuqua, so I'll go take some pics of the construction this week. I won't be going on the apartment tour, but I can tell you that the complex I live in is awesome and would highly recommend it. It costs $715/mo for ~1100 sq. ft., 2 bed, 2 bath, and basic cable included. As mentioned earlier, it's 2 miles from campus and it's in the middle of Duke Forest, with lots of running and nature walk trails. Let me know if you're interested and I'll PM you more information about the complex.

How to Get Into a Top MBA Program
http://www.squidoo.com/topmbaprograms
How to Ace the GMAT - 3 Proven Tips
http://EzineArticles.com/?id=1247291

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Ross 2010
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Duke 2008 applicants... [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2008, 05:52
AAU,

Do you know anything about the Women in Business lunch on Friday? I remember replying that I would attend, but not much else. If you have any information such as the time and location that would be great.

Thanks!
SVP
SVP
Schools: The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 178 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Duke 2008 applicants... [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2008, 06:01
I'll be there too!

It's from 1 to 3:30 (the lunch is followed by a reception or networking event or social of some kind) and is at the WaDuke.

Details, I am sure, are forthcoming.

skaballet wrote:
AAU,

Do you know anything about the Women in Business lunch on Friday? I remember replying that I would attend, but not much else. If you have any information such as the time and location that would be great.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Duke 2008 applicants... [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2008, 09:14
Bdevil25 wrote:
No problem, SkiC. I live about 2 miles from Fuqua, so I'll go take some pics of the construction this week. I won't be going on the apartment tour, but I can tell you that the complex I live in is awesome and would highly recommend it. It costs $715/mo for ~1100 sq. ft., 2 bed, 2 bath, and basic cable included. As mentioned earlier, it's 2 miles from campus and it's in the middle of Duke Forest, with lots of running and nature walk trails. Let me know if you're interested and I'll PM you more information about the complex.

Bdevil: would you mind sending me a PM with more info your building? I'm attending BDW but have to leave very early on Sun morning so I will miss the apt tour. Thanks!
VP
VP
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 110 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Duke 2008 applicants... [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2008, 09:29
TJ wrote:

Bdevil: would you mind sending me a PM with more info your building? I'm attending BDW but have to leave very early on Sun morning so I will miss the apt tour. Thanks!

TJ, just wanted to give you an update on my deadline extension request: Kellogg did not grant me an extension. But if I were you, I would ask Fuqua for one anyway since schools vary greatly in their policies regarding deadline extensions.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Duke 2008 applicants... [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2008, 10:27
nervous,

why no Duke in your avatar :-(?
VP
VP

Re: Calling all Duke 2008 applicants... [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2008, 10:57
futuredukemba wrote:
nervous,

why no Duke in your avatar :-(?

That's all i could find on the net :-) I am not very good with photo shop to morph the three together :-D

But I am defiinitely going to the BDW and definitely considering Duke!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Duke 2008 applicants... [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2008, 14:57
nervousgmat wrote:
TJ, just wanted to give you an update on my deadline extension request: Kellogg did not grant me an extension. But if I were you, I would ask Fuqua for one anyway since schools vary greatly in their policies regarding deadline extensions.

Hi nervous...I just saw your post on the Kellogg thread..sorry the extension didn't work out for you but thanks for keeping me posted. I heard from another applicant that Duke is pretty firm with the deadline as well but it is worth a shot since the deposit deadline for Duke is 2 days before DAK! I guess this is the problem with applying in 2 different rounds.

AAU--Did you confirm a location for the gmatclub drinks during BDW? I'm fine with any of the places you suggested...#3 sounded good because it is still close but you mentioned it might be less crowded. I'm heading out to Durham a day early and will be without internet access as of tomorrow 3pm EST--if I PM you my contact info can you let me know when the plans are confirmed?

I'll see some of you in a few days at BDW :lol: For those of us coming out from a colder climate the mid- to high- 20's forecast in Durham is looking really nice! :-D
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Duke 2008 applicants... [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2008, 20:16
Ok, I'm going to go ahead and call it!

Option 3 it is!

We'll meet on Friday evening at 9:30pm at Bull McCabes, just down Main Street from Brightleaf. 427 W Main St (http://www.bullmccabesirishpub.com/). If you are standing at the entrance to Satisfactions and facing Main St, turn to your right and go a few blocks. BM's is on the right. PM me if you want my cell.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Duke 2008 applicants... [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2008, 04:42
Great, I am planning to be there too. Looking forward to seeing you all. Thanks for putting this together, Aau.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Duke 2008 applicants... [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2008, 07:39
SkiC wrote:

SkiC,

I took a couple snaps as I drove by Fuqua this morning. Not much to see, but this is what the construction looks like right now.

Maybe I'll be able to get some inside shots this weekend...
Attachments

Fuqua Construction 2.jpeg
Fuqua Construction 2.jpeg [ 672.83 KiB | Viewed 816 times ]

Fuqua Construction 1.jpeg
Fuqua Construction 1.jpeg [ 757.85 KiB | Viewed 812 times ]

How to Get Into a Top MBA Program
http://www.squidoo.com/topmbaprograms
How to Ace the GMAT - 3 Proven Tips
http://EzineArticles.com/?id=1247291

VP
VP

Re: Calling all Duke 2008 applicants... [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2008, 08:39
Guys, I will be late to the 9:30 outing on Friday (today). Our flight does not get into Greensboro Airport until 8:30PM.
Aau, I will call to see if you are still at the bar when we arrive to Washington Inn.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Duke 2008 applicants... [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2008, 11:18
I wont be able to make it tonight as well. Arriving first thing tomorrow AM
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Duke 2008 applicants... [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2008, 12:06
you guys are missing out!!

I'll be rockin, that's for sure....all my friends are making fun of our little geek reunion. they're jealous.

And remember that partners are totally welcome! I will bring NDHLP.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Duke 2008 applicants... [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2008, 15:07
I couldn't attend.... :cry:

Snaps, debriefs etc will help one and all...
Aau please lead the way...
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Duke 2008 applicants... [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2008, 15:40
BDevil-

Thanks a lot! Much obliged...
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Duke 2008 applicants... [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2008, 06:13
Hey, all! We had fun getting together last night - sorry to those of you who missed it.

Listen, I'm around today, doing other stuff, but won't be at school. But if any of you want a friendly voice who won't give you the hard sell, get a hold of me. PM me or call me if you have my cell.

Oh, and I am hosting the baseball game tomorrow. I don't know if the weather will cooperate, but if it does, come along! If it doesn't, we can get coffee or something....
Re: Calling all Duke 2008 applicants...   [#permalink] 29 Mar 2008, 06:13