Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 14:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 15 Dec 2009
Posts: 289
Schools: Duke
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2010, 06:39
Current Student
User avatar
Status: What's your raashee?
Joined: 12 Jun 2009
Posts: 1847
Location: United States (NC)
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 201 [0], given: 52

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2010, 07:23
do people who did the open interview get much earlier consideration since there's no "waiting time" for interview invite/accept/take etc.?
_________________

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 1115
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Followers: 28

Kudos [?]: 323 [0], given: 19

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2010, 08:12
Expert's post
shaselai wrote:
do people who did the open interview get much earlier consideration since there's no "waiting time" for interview invite/accept/take etc.?
Decisions will be sent out all at once (at least that's how it went in years past).
almostfamous wrote:
I know that the school sends the interview invites by October 25th (I did not sigh up for the self-initiated interview). But do they notify everyone, even you are NOT invited for an interview (and thus, the application will not be further considered)?

Has anyone from the Early Round already heard back from Duke regarding the interview?
You will get an invite if Fuqua wants to interview you, much like every other school that do not have the open interview policy. If you don't get an invite by 25th, you will not get an invite. People will generally report whether or not they were invited, since there isn't any word, I'm assuming invitations haven't gone out yet. But there's still 2 weeks until the deadline, I wouldn't stress about it. I think last year, I got mine right around the deadline.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Sep 2010
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2010, 16:04
Count me in for R1.

Do candidates who opt-in for the open interview stand a better chance at getting admitted than candidates who don't and wait for an interview call? Can someone shed some light here?

I've been so busy prepping to meet R1 deadlines of other schools that I've hardly got any time to prepare for the Fuqua interview or research the school.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Oct 2009
Posts: 208
Schools: HEC Paris, , Tepper
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 8

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2010, 05:18
asimov wrote:
shaselai wrote:
do people who did the open interview get much earlier consideration since there's no "waiting time" for interview invite/accept/take etc.?
Decisions will be sent out all at once (at least that's how it went in years past).
almostfamous wrote:
I know that the school sends the interview invites by October 25th (I did not sigh up for the self-initiated interview). But do they notify everyone, even you are NOT invited for an interview (and thus, the application will not be further considered)?

Has anyone from the Early Round already heard back from Duke regarding the interview?
You will get an invite if Fuqua wants to interview you, much like every other school that do not have the open interview policy. If you don't get an invite by 25th, you will not get an invite. People will generally report whether or not they were invited, since there isn't any word, I'm assuming invitations haven't gone out yet. But there's still 2 weeks until the deadline, I wouldn't stress about it. I think last year, I got mine right around the deadline.


Hi,

Thanks for the info. I've just checked my online application status, and it says "Completed". I am guessing that this means the adcom has received and confirmed all the application materials.

So, we are likely to hear from Fuqua about the interview invite on the same date. Few more weeks to go...waiting is never easy!
_________________

If you like my post, a kudos is not expected but appreciated

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 07 May 2010
Posts: 731
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 66

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2010, 08:40
I just got the completion email as well!
Less than two weeks for interviews.
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Oct 2009
Posts: 208
Schools: HEC Paris, , Tepper
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 8

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2010, 04:01
Just rushed into checking my application status, in a moment of application-frenzy. I knew that we won't be hearing anything from the adcom by 24th-25thish, but could not help it!

If anyone has any positive distracting facts in their pockets to help with this waiting, will greatly appreciate if you could share them with us!

I'm actually curious to know, if you don't get invited for the interview, does it change the status of your online application? I'd very much like to avoid the situation, where the status remains the same ("Completed" as of today for me), and I'm not receiving the interview invite. This will surely make me a fanatic checker of the "Spam" folder every 3 seconds, during inhumane hours (as I live +12 h time zone from Durham)!
_________________

If you like my post, a kudos is not expected but appreciated

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Dec 2009
Posts: 119
Schools: Darden (R1), Duke (R1), Kellogg 1Y (R1), Berkeley MBA/MPH (R2), Wharton (R2)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 27

Re: Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2010, 09:35
Hi Everyone,

I had a quick question on the application under the employment section. There is a field for "Total number of months of management experience." Is this for direct reports only or can I include project management and indirect management experience here also.

Thanks in advance for your help.
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
User avatar
Status: Badgerine!
Joined: 04 Oct 2008
Posts: 894
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 61

Kudos [?]: 262 [1] , given: 86

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2010, 09:49
1
This post received
KUDOS
mba4me2010 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I had a quick question on the application under the employment section. There is a field for "Total number of months of management experience." Is this for direct reports only or can I include project management and indirect management experience here also.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I would think that any managerial experience would apply: project management, financial (budgetary) management, supervisory, etc.
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 07 May 2010
Posts: 731
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 66

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2010, 09:50
almostfamous wrote:
Just rushed into checking my application status, in a moment of application-frenzy. I knew that we won't be hearing anything from the adcom by 24th-25thish, but could not help it!

If anyone has any positive distracting facts in their pockets to help with this waiting, will greatly appreciate if you could share them with us!

I'm actually curious to know, if you don't get invited for the interview, does it change the status of your online application? I'd very much like to avoid the situation, where the status remains the same ("Completed" as of today for me), and I'm not receiving the interview invite. This will surely make me a fanatic checker of the "Spam" folder every 3 seconds, during inhumane hours (as I live +12 h time zone from Durham)!


Calm down, lol. I can sense the frenzy in your post! I bet you have no problem conveying your feelings in your essays. :)

They will email you if you get the interview, if not you have to wait till dec 3 to see of you are WL'ed or Dinged.

If you've gotten an email from them before you will get one again.
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 03 Jun 2010
Posts: 189
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Schools: Tuck(WL), Cornell, Ross(Dinged), UCLA(Dinged), UNC(Accepted w/$$$), Tulane(Accepted w/$$$)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2010, 11:39
Anyone knows the % of applicants that were invited for the interview in the last year?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 07 May 2010
Posts: 731
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 66

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2010, 11:51
they unfortunately do not release that statistic

Posted from my mobile device Image
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Posts: 10
WE 1: 4 years - Oil and Gas
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2010, 14:13
Hello guys n gals,
Have anyone received interview invite for Fuqua EA?

I did not take the on campus interview.

Cheers,
D
Current Student
User avatar
Status: What's your raashee?
Joined: 12 Jun 2009
Posts: 1847
Location: United States (NC)
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 201 [0], given: 52

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2010, 15:27
if you wanted interview you shouldve done the open instead of waiting....
_________________

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Oct 2009
Posts: 208
Schools: HEC Paris, , Tepper
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 8

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2010, 15:33
jordanhendrix wrote:
almostfamous wrote:
Just rushed into checking my application status, in a moment of application-frenzy. I knew that we won't be hearing anything from the adcom by 24th-25thish, but could not help it!

If anyone has any positive distracting facts in their pockets to help with this waiting, will greatly appreciate if you could share them with us!

I'm actually curious to know, if you don't get invited for the interview, does it change the status of your online application? I'd very much like to avoid the situation, where the status remains the same ("Completed" as of today for me), and I'm not receiving the interview invite. This will surely make me a fanatic checker of the "Spam" folder every 3 seconds, during inhumane hours (as I live +12 h time zone from Durham)!


Calm down, lol. I can sense the frenzy in your post! I bet you have no problem conveying your feelings in your essays. :)

They will email you if you get the interview, if not you have to wait till dec 3 to see of you are WL'ed or Dinged.

If you've gotten an email from them before you will get one again.


Happy to entertain others with my lunatic frenzy :)

Ohhh, now, this is what I was afraid of! So basically, if I am not lucky enough to get an interview invite, then, It's going to be a long wait until Dec 5th!

Thanks for the info in any case. Being in the know feels better than not knowing.
_________________

If you like my post, a kudos is not expected but appreciated

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Oct 2010
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2010, 17:40
I'll apply for R1
Director
Director
User avatar
Status: Badgerine!
Joined: 04 Oct 2008
Posts: 894
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 61

Kudos [?]: 262 [0], given: 86

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2010, 20:09
Hey everyone,

We've been working on new ways to better assist everyone in their business school research and school selection. As part of that effort, we've created school guides for a handful of schools and we'd like your feedback. For now, think of these school guides as a beta. If there's anything that you'd like to see added to the guide, please let us know! If you find these guides to be helpful, we'll build similar guides for all of the other top schools.

Duke (Fuqua) Business School Guide

Other Business School Guides
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Sep 2009
Posts: 39
Schools: Anderson, Darden
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2010, 21:12
Please count me in for R1
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 07 May 2010
Posts: 731
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 66

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2010, 21:14
shaselai wrote:
if you wanted interview you shouldve done the open instead of waiting....


I chose to wait to see if I earned it, I hope it doesnt come back to bite me, but I dont see anything wrong with ether choice. Liz Riley Hargrove said most admits are invited..obviously
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Posts: 10
WE 1: 4 years - Oil and Gas
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2010, 00:28
jordanhendrix wrote:
shaselai wrote:
if you wanted interview you shouldve done the open instead of waiting....


I chose to wait to see if I earned it, I hope it doesnt come back to bite me, but I dont see anything wrong with ether choice. Liz Riley Hargrove said most admits are invited..obviously


I didn't have a choice; I live on the other side of the planet.
Re: Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants   [#permalink] 19 Oct 2010, 00:28
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
205 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants ThomasD 2695 18 May 2010, 07:33
356 Experts publish their posts in the topic Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants asimov 1831 12 Jun 2012, 06:34
Duke (Fuqua) 2012-Calling all Waitlisted Applicants lilpopers 15 18 Apr 2012, 14:08
93 Experts publish their posts in the topic Duke Fuqua 2012 - Calling All Applicants subhashghosh 1505 13 Jul 2011, 04:12
80 Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! isa 989 10 Jul 2008, 19:05
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  9   10   11   12   13  ...  135    Next  [ 2696 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.