Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 14:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Duke Fall 2010 Applicants! (MERGED)

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Nov 2009
Posts: 13
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Duke Fall 2010 Applicants! (MERGED) [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2009, 09:21
NielHbrand wrote:
For EA Admits, did anyone receive their packet in the mail yet?


I have not yet recieved my packet for EA either. Looks like we will only have about a day or two of turnaround to get our checks in the mail.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Sep 2008
Posts: 94
Schools: Duke R1, Cornell R2, Columbia RD, Darden R2 (withdrawn), Ross R2
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Duke Fall 2010 Applicants! (MERGED) [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2009, 02:23
Hi,

any R1 applicant has received his/her interview invite yet? Do they release them on Dec. 8th only or also before?

thanks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2008
Posts: 23
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Duke Fall 2010 Applicants! (MERGED) [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2009, 02:33
My status is still "submitted".......
Does it mean my application is not reviewed by adcom? Only 7 days left before Dec. 8
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2009
Posts: 182
Schools: Fuqua Class of 2012
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 21

Re: Calling All Duke Fall 2010 Applicants! (MERGED) [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2009, 04:28
brass20y wrote:
My status is still "submitted".......
Does it mean my application is not reviewed by adcom? Only 7 days left before Dec. 8


Mine is still "submitted" as well. Did you interview already? I did - I'm not too concerned about the status since I doubt it's an accurate read on where the app truly stands.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Sep 2008
Posts: 94
Schools: Duke R1, Cornell R2, Columbia RD, Darden R2 (withdrawn), Ross R2
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Duke Fall 2010 Applicants! (MERGED) [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2009, 04:33
Some people said the status doesn't change at all...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Nov 2009
Posts: 14
Location: Portland, OR
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Duke Fall 2010 Applicants! (MERGED) [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2009, 10:56
count me in. I am a R1 applicant. Hopefully, I will get at least an interview invite in two weeks. Good luck to everyone who is waiting here
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Nov 2009
Posts: 13
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Duke Fall 2010 Applicants! (MERGED) [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2009, 15:00
1
This post received
KUDOS
mjjking wrote:
Hi,

any R1 applicant has received his/her interview invite yet? Do they release them on Dec. 8th only or also before?

thanks!


I cannot speak for R1, but for EA I got my invitation to interview on 21 October, which is the date advertised on the website. Of course it came late...about 3pm PST.
Although I have been admitted and accepted, my application still reads submitted...so don't stress over that. However, once I got an invite to interview another bullet will appear under submission status that reads "Interview Status: Invited". A third bullet will appear once a decision is rendered "Decision Status" that will have a link directing you to your acceptance or denial letter. I hope this helps...don't expect your "submission status" to change anytime soon, if ever.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Dec 2009
Posts: 22
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Duke Fall 2010 Applicants! (MERGED) [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2009, 18:49
+1 for R1
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Sep 2008
Posts: 94
Schools: Duke R1, Cornell R2, Columbia RD, Darden R2 (withdrawn), Ross R2
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Duke Fall 2010 Applicants! (MERGED) [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
gravy043 wrote:
mjjking wrote:
Hi,

any R1 applicant has received his/her interview invite yet? Do they release them on Dec. 8th only or also before?

thanks!


I cannot speak for R1, but for EA I got my invitation to interview on 21 October, which is the date advertised on the website. Of course it came late...about 3pm PST.
Although I have been admitted and accepted, my application still reads submitted...so don't stress over that. However, once I got an invite to interview another bullet will appear under submission status that reads "Interview Status: Invited". A third bullet will appear once a decision is rendered "Decision Status" that will have a link directing you to your acceptance or denial letter. I hope this helps...don't expect your "submission status" to change anytime soon, if ever.


Thanks Gravy043! That helps a lot! :)
I will relax until the 8th then... always having my finger crossed of course, haha ;)

could you share your profile?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Nov 2009
Posts: 13
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Duke Fall 2010 Applicants! (MERGED) [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2009, 07:11
mjjking wrote:
gravy043 wrote:
mjjking wrote:
Hi,

any R1 applicant has received his/her interview invite yet? Do they release them on Dec. 8th only or also before?

thanks!


I cannot speak for R1, but for EA I got my invitation to interview on 21 October, which is the date advertised on the website. Of course it came late...about 3pm PST.
Although I have been admitted and accepted, my application still reads submitted...so don't stress over that. However, once I got an invite to interview another bullet will appear under submission status that reads "Interview Status: Invited". A third bullet will appear once a decision is rendered "Decision Status" that will have a link directing you to your acceptance or denial letter. I hope this helps...don't expect your "submission status" to change anytime soon, if ever.


Thanks Gravy043! That helps a lot! :)
I will relax until the 8th then... always having my finger crossed of course, haha ;)

could you share your profile?


Profile:
GMAT 690, Top 10 Undergrad, 7 years (2 combat deployments) as an officer in the US Marine Corps
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 07 Nov 2009
Posts: 45
Schools: UNC (R1), NCSU (R2), Duke (R2)
WE 1: IT systems management
WE 2: telecom
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Duke Fall 2010 Applicants! (MERGED) [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2009, 11:22
Who's going this weekend to Duke for Women's Weekend? The agenda is fabulous and I can't wait!

I will have an internview there Saturday morning. Even though agenda says that Saturday is business casual, I still plan on wearing a suit that day. Or not?

I'm doing everything backward for Duke, interview first, then write essays and submit my application in R2. It will be a long wait till March 8th.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 08 Oct 2009
Posts: 21
Schools: Cornell '12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Duke Fall 2010 Applicants! (MERGED) [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2009, 11:46
andromeda wrote:
Who's going this weekend to Duke for Women's Weekend? The agenda is fabulous and I can't wait!

I will have an internview there Saturday morning. Even though agenda says that Saturday is business casual, I still plan on wearing a suit that day. Or not?

I'm doing everything backward for Duke, interview first, then write essays and submit my application in R2. It will be a long wait till March 8th.


I will be there! Same, RE: doing everything backwards. Do you think our interviewers will have our resumes from the Weekend for Women application, or is it totally blind?

I plan to pack a skirt suit for Saturday (since the dinner says business attire?) but am going for a more casual suit look, since the interview is typically? business casual.

PS: did you have any difficulty booking ground transport? I keep calling the numbers that they sent to us and never get through...
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Posts: 356
Location: Ann Arbor
Schools: Ross Class of 2012
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 20

Re: Calling All Duke Fall 2010 Applicants! (MERGED) [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2009, 11:59
hjf6 wrote:
andromeda wrote:
Who's going this weekend to Duke for Women's Weekend? The agenda is fabulous and I can't wait!

I will have an internview there Saturday morning. Even though agenda says that Saturday is business casual, I still plan on wearing a suit that day. Or not?

I'm doing everything backward for Duke, interview first, then write essays and submit my application in R2. It will be a long wait till March 8th.


I will be there! Same, RE: doing everything backwards. Do you think our interviewers will have our resumes from the Weekend for Women application, or is it totally blind?

I plan to pack a skirt suit for Saturday (since the dinner says business attire?) but am going for a more casual suit look, since the interview is typically? business casual.

PS: did you have any difficulty booking ground transport? I keep calling the numbers that they sent to us and never get through...


Just an FYI. When I was down there interviewing every person (about 20 people or so) were wearing suits for the interviews. So despite them saying "business casual" everyone else erred on the side of caution and went with a business professional look.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2009
Posts: 182
Schools: Fuqua Class of 2012
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 21

Re: Calling All Duke Fall 2010 Applicants! (MERGED) [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2009, 12:08
ACNguy wrote:
Just an FYI. When I was down there interviewing every person (about 20 people or so) were wearing suits for the interviews. So despite them saying "business casual" everyone else erred on the side of caution and went with a business professional look.


I second that. I didn't see anyone without a suit, and for the guys almost everyone had on a tie as well.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 07 Nov 2009
Posts: 45
Schools: UNC (R1), NCSU (R2), Duke (R2)
WE 1: IT systems management
WE 2: telecom
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Duke Fall 2010 Applicants! (MERGED) [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2009, 12:21
hjf6 wrote:
andromeda wrote:
Who's going this weekend to Duke for Women's Weekend? The agenda is fabulous and I can't wait!

I will have an internview there Saturday morning. Even though agenda says that Saturday is business casual, I still plan on wearing a suit that day. Or not?

I'm doing everything backward for Duke, interview first, then write essays and submit my application in R2. It will be a long wait till March 8th.


I will be there! Same, RE: doing everything backwards. Do you think our interviewers will have our resumes from the Weekend for Women application, or is it totally blind?

I plan to pack a skirt suit for Saturday (since the dinner says business attire?) but am going for a more casual suit look, since the interview is typically? business casual.

PS: did you have any difficulty booking ground transport? I keep calling the numbers that they sent to us and never get through...


I believe they will have our W4W resumes at hand, but I will bring more copies, just in case. My resume is two pages long :P so, O would need to cut it down before sending in the application.
I will have skirt suit too 8-) for the interview.

Sorry, can't help you about transportation, I live in Raliegh, so I will be driving from home. Getting from RDU to Durhman is not difficult, you can get a cab as soon as you get out the terminal.

See you in few days :P
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Oct 2005
Posts: 19
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Duke Fall 2010 Applicants! (MERGED) [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2009, 14:59
Hey another EA applicant here and I still haven't received the package, anyone in the same boat or have any of you received the paperwork yet?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2008
Posts: 92
Schools: Duke
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Duke Fall 2010 Applicants! (MERGED) [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2009, 16:09
themagiccarpet wrote:
Hey another EA applicant here and I still haven't received the package, anyone in the same boat or have any of you received the paperwork yet?


Mine came yesterday in the mail, but I live very close by in NC. So, I imagine they were mailed Monday and should be making their way out to everyone soon!
_________________

"Bee" your best!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2009
Posts: 19
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Duke Fall 2010 Applicants! (MERGED) [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2009, 17:07
I just submitted my R2 application. Does Duke review the applications when they are received or do they wait until all applications come in and begin their review process? I would think that their review process will begin the minute your application is submitted and received by the admissions office.

Any comment?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 07 Nov 2009
Posts: 45
Schools: UNC (R1), NCSU (R2), Duke (R2)
WE 1: IT systems management
WE 2: telecom
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Duke Fall 2010 Applicants! (MERGED) [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2009, 18:50
Givemedisco wrote:
I just submitted my R2 application. Does Duke review the applications when they are received or do they wait until all applications come in and begin their review process? I would think that their review process will begin the minute your application is submitted and received by the admissions office.

Any comment?


I don't know, but it really doesn't matter because they send interview invites all on the same date and send acceptance letters on March 8th.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Duke Fall 2010 Applicants! (MERGED) [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2009, 20:27
ElleBee, I'm waiting for mine in the mail. :) Did you receive any scholarship notification with the acceptance letter?
Re: Calling All Duke Fall 2010 Applicants! (MERGED)   [#permalink] 02 Dec 2009, 20:27
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
47 Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) bigfernhead 898 09 Sep 2009, 06:53
40 Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! Raabend 1421 21 May 2009, 06:16
76 Calling All 2010 CBS Applicants (MERGED) xlick 1642 20 Apr 2009, 06:57
11 Calling All 2010 Applicants / Bschool visits (Merged) Ancientmtk 177 24 Apr 2009, 14:50
80 Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! isa 989 10 Jul 2008, 19:05
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All Duke Fall 2010 Applicants! (MERGED)

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  65    Next  [ 1283 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.