Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:38 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Fuqua '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V40
GPA: 3.48
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.13
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Re: Duke Fuqua 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Does anyone have any statistics regarding # of people accepted off of the wait list at Fuqua?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Schools: Fuqua '14 (M)
GPA: 3.93
Send PM
mp4608 wrote:
rgupta83 wrote:
happyface wrote:
Should I click on the 'click to accept the offer' link? Does that mean I'm obligated to pay the deposit if I click on it? Thank you!

Accept offer means you have decided to attend Duke in the fall. Only click it once you are 100% committed to paying the deposit.

I clicked accept. Do you think that will have a negative impact on potential merit $$$? Or have $$$ decisions already been made as well?

I'm actually wondering the same thing - if we accept prior to receiving the admissions packet, will that adversely impact our merit-based scholarship? My hunch is that scholarships were determined at the same time admissions decisions were made, but you never know...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
yellosno wrote:
I just clicked the link in the acceptance letter to the Incoming Student Website and used my e-mail and password that I used for my application to log in. Worked perfectly.

Ha, that was simple. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.69
Send PM
Use the email address and password that you used with your application
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
I tried this - Didn't work for me.
mp4608 wrote:
yellosno wrote:
I just clicked the link in the acceptance letter to the Incoming Student Website and used my e-mail and password that I used for my application to log in. Worked perfectly.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Hi All:

Congrats to all the Round 2 and earlier admits. For those on the wait list, hang in there, people can receive an acceptance right up until the start of classes. And for those not accepted this time around, Fuqua looks very favorably on those that apply the following year, truly showing they want to be a part of the Duke MBA.

I'm a current FY student at Fuqua. Although every admit should be receiving a "Fuqua Buddy" to help answer questions and facilitate communication with the school, I'm happy to give additional insight. Please feel free to direct message me with any other questions that might come to mind. Students who come to Fuqua love it here, and we want to make sure that the transition for the incoming class is an easy one.

Congrats again!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V39
GPA: 3.98
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Didn't work for me either...The letter said an email would be coming out with the login information. A little more waiting for us I guess :)
nowwhat wrote:
I tried this - Didn't work for me.
mp4608 wrote:
yellosno wrote:

Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
mp4608 wrote:
rgupta83 wrote:
happyface wrote:
Should I click on the 'click to accept the offer' link? Does that mean I'm obligated to pay the deposit if I click on it? Thank you!

Accept offer means you have decided to attend Duke in the fall. Only click it once you are 100% committed to paying the deposit.

I clicked accept. Do you think that will have a negative impact on potential merit $$$? Or have $$$ decisions already been made as well?

Pondering about the same issue. From one side I'm an international student and the sooner acceptance would quicken the process, from the other side it's very logical to assume that fast decision might harm the amount of scholarship. Though, as it seems to me, reducing the "merit-based" scholarship because the applicant is loyal to Fuqua seems to me a bit unethical, is it not? After all, merit-based is based on merits of the applicant which are not dependent on the time he accepts the offer. So while I'm not sure, my hope is that your acceptance won't hurt merit $$. Nevertheless, I don't think that they have already made $$$ decisions. My bet would be that in the next 1-2 weeks they would anticipate some applicants rejecting the offer, so the AdCom would be able to allocate more funds to those who would potentially accept offers.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 610 Q39 V35
WE:Research (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Does anyone know if folks who get off the waitlist have any chance of getting financial aid?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Technology
Schools: Sloan '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Congrats all admits!!!!

Re scholarship info - if you look back on the thread for R1, you'll see that they started making scholarship award calls within 2 days after decision emails were sent. And as far as I can tell, they seem a bit random, i.e. an earlier call doesn't mean more money! For example, I got my call Friday afternoon (R1 announcement was on a Wed) for 50% scholarship.

This quick timeline makes me think that $$ decisions are nearly set. So, I guess there's no harm in accepting right away...but then again, does it really make a difference for you to wait 2-3 days? :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Anyone know how the background check at Fuqua works? I know for Columbia, we have to register on Kroll and request a background check ourselves. Is it the same process here? If not, anyone can shed some light on this?
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Send PM
purpleshirt wrote:
This quick timeline makes me think that $$ decisions are nearly set. So, I guess there's no harm in accepting right away...but then again, does it really make a difference for you to wait 2-3 days? :)

I agree with purpleshirt. If you're worried that accepting too early will affect the size of the potential scholarship offer, wait 2-3 days before doing so.

happyface wrote:
Anyone know how the background check at Fuqua works? I know for Columbia, we have to register on Kroll and request a background check ourselves. Is it the same process here? If not, anyone can shed some light on this?

Fuqua works with Re Vera Services on the background check. You will be asked to inform your past/current employer/s that Re Vera may get in touch with them. After this, you will have to fax/email your signature to Re Vera to give them authorization to proceed. Of course, they won't actually start the process until you pay the $75 fee online.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
threestripes wrote:
purpleshirt wrote:

I agree with purpleshirt. If you're worried that accepting too early will affect the size of the potential scholarship offer, wait 2-3 days before doing so.

happyface wrote:

Fuqua works with Re Vera Services on the background check. You will be asked to inform your past/current employer/s that Re Vera may get in touch with them. After this, you will have to fax/email your signature to Re Vera to give them authorization to proceed. Of course, they won't actually start the process until you pay the $75 fee online.

Would they call to university and check the dates I got the degree etc. as well? Just wondering how they are going to deal with language issues in case they would be calling to non-english countries
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Send PM
navra wrote:
threestripes wrote:
purpleshirt wrote:

happyface wrote:

Would they call to university and check the dates I got the degree etc. as well? Just wondering how they are going to deal with language issues in case they would be calling to non-english countries

There was no mention of schools, so I am assuming that the background check is just for employment information. I could be mistaken though.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
threestripes wrote:

So the Admissions will get in touch with me regarding the instructions for background check after I pay the $1,500 deposit?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Health Care)
Send PM
Has anyone received any additional emails from Fuqua?? Still haven't received anything about the BDW..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Has anybody received a call from their buddies and interviewers?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  62   63   64   65   66   67   68  ...  76   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts