Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 07:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2008
Posts: 127
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2009, 10:56
Raabend wrote:
Wow that is definately very very rare that an interviewer would A) say that B) you dont get in after they say that.......

Whether or not you contact her, you should examine how the interview ended. Did she sound very open to the thought of you contacting her directly with admissions questions or was it more "if you have any other questions about the program, please contact me"?

If it was the latter or you are not sure, I again would not contact them directly.

MBAAspirant2008 wrote:
The worst part is my interview was conducted by the adcom member (personal one) and she said that i was a stellar candidate and she would be shocked if i don't get in !!

So should i give her that shock atleast ? ha ha

I mean should i tell her..and ask some inputs from her ?

or else i should just hold on and chill !! (prob i got too much carried away by the interviewer's comments)



Ah..thanks for the support !!

I would just let this feeling sink in and then make a move :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 May 2008
Posts: 23
Location: New York, NY
Schools: Columbia, Duke
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2009, 11:27
im dinged :(
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Jun 2007
Posts: 75
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2009, 11:45
TheFreedomAngel wrote:
im dinged :(


Go for it again next year! You're young so one more year will help you.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Mar 2006
Posts: 497
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 80 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2009, 15:12
I got waitlisted as well. I have already tried to take my GMAT once again and still cannot get 700+ score.
But I got admit to Northwestern's MMI program (part-time mostly online). At this time, I still haven't made my decisions yet.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 09 Feb 2008
Posts: 149
Schools: Georgetown, UNC, UCLA, Duke, Wake Forest
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2009, 16:14
Ding for me as well. Oh well
_________________

http://omnemba.blogspot.com

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 29 Nov 2008
Posts: 10
Location: India
Schools: Ross, Kellogg, Fuqua, MIT SLoan
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2009, 16:59
Rejected!

I'm happy that I got the ding after I got an admit from a great school which I've decided to join.

I don't feel bad at all! :)

Congrats to everyone who got in!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 4
Schools: Haas, Thunderbird, Ross, Duke, Yale, UNC, Babson
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2009, 08:32
ding.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Jul 2007
Posts: 28
Location: New York
Schools: Darden Class of 2011, Tuck, Duke, McCombs, HBS
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2009, 18:57
So, I was waitlisted... frustrating, but still better than a ding.

I have someone who can write a third recommendation for me. my question is, should she write just a general recommendation or should i get the questions Fuqua asks on their online form and have her fills those in instead?

Thanks!
Matt
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Nov 2008
Posts: 91
Location: Durham, NC
Schools: Duke, Darden (i/v-ed, withdrawn),Kellogg
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2009, 05:37
BklynMatt wrote:
So, I was waitlisted... frustrating, but still better than a ding.

I have someone who can write a third recommendation for me. my question is, should she write just a general recommendation or should i get the questions Fuqua asks on their online form and have her fills those in instead?

Thanks!
Matt


I guess if she is willing to write a detailed recommendation, I'd go for it.
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 1855
Schools: The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 180 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2009, 05:43
abhyudaya wrote:
BklynMatt wrote:
So, I was waitlisted... frustrating, but still better than a ding.

I have someone who can write a third recommendation for me. my question is, should she write just a general recommendation or should i get the questions Fuqua asks on their online form and have her fills those in instead?

Thanks!
Matt


I guess if she is willing to write a detailed recommendation, I'd go for it.


Have her write about whatever is most beneficial to you. If the stuff online covers it, then no reason not to. But if something would better suit you both, then do that. There aren't really rules with this additional stuff - you just want your candidacy in the best light.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 16 May 2008
Posts: 885
Location: Earth
Schools: Cornell '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 29

Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2009, 04:49
Hey everybody, I removed my name from the waitlist this morning. Best of luck to the waitlisters still trying to get in!
_________________

"George is getting upset!"

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Posts: 1323
Schools: Tuck
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 117 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2009, 11:03
Raabend wrote:
Hey everybody, I removed my name from the waitlist this morning. Best of luck to the waitlisters still trying to get in!


Congrats on your decision!!

RF
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 26 Jan 2009
Posts: 141
Schools: Yale SOM 2011
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 7

Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2009, 06:54
1
This post received
KUDOS
WOW. I got my admit package in the mail yesterday and was surprised and delighted to find that Duke offered me a very hefty merit scholarship. I'm still in a state of shock :punk
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2008
Posts: 92
Schools: Duke
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2009, 08:09
I have a question that I figured would be better answered by people who'd already applied/been accepted to Fuqua...

If I apply ED in this fall, will that impact scholarship decisions? I'm not presuming that I'm going to be offered a scholarship by Fuqua, but would they even have any incentive to consider me for a scholarship if they'd already accepted me ED (since obviously, I'm already going there so they wouldn't need to "woo" me away from another school). Can anyone offer insight or personal experience? Thanks! Congratulations to all those accepted and good luck to the waitlisted!
_________________

"Bee" your best!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2009
Posts: 18
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2009, 10:25
smokedpotatoes2 wrote:
WOW. I got my admit package in the mail yesterday and was surprised and delighted to find that Duke offered me a very hefty merit scholarship. I'm still in a state of shock :punk



What do you consider "hefty"? I got $8000/yr, and consider that pretty useless given that the education costs almost $130,000.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 21 Feb 2009
Posts: 76
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2009, 10:29
Carterman32 wrote:
smokedpotatoes2 wrote:
WOW. I got my admit package in the mail yesterday and was surprised and delighted to find that Duke offered me a very hefty merit scholarship. I'm still in a state of shock :punk



What do you consider "hefty"? I got $8000/yr, and consider that pretty useless given that the education costs almost $130,000.


Did you fly out for your interview or do it in LA?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2009
Posts: 18
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2009, 10:38
DK wrote:
Carterman32 wrote:
smokedpotatoes2 wrote:
WOW. I got my admit package in the mail yesterday and was surprised and delighted to find that Duke offered me a very hefty merit scholarship. I'm still in a state of shock :punk



What do you consider "hefty"? I got $8000/yr, and consider that pretty useless given that the education costs almost $130,000.


Did you fly out for your interview or do it in LA?


Did it on the west coast, why?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 21 Feb 2009
Posts: 76
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2009, 10:42
Carterman32 wrote:

Did it on the west coast, why?


Trying to discern whether flying out is worth it. I'm guessing no if they're handing out scholarships to people that didn't visit.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 26 Jan 2009
Posts: 141
Schools: Yale SOM 2011
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 7

Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2009, 13:26
1
This post received
KUDOS
Carterman32 wrote:
smokedpotatoes2 wrote:
WOW. I got my admit package in the mail yesterday and was surprised and delighted to find that Duke offered me a very hefty merit scholarship. I'm still in a state of shock :punk



What do you consider "hefty"? I got $8000/yr, and consider that pretty useless given that the education costs almost $130,000.


18,000/year -- 18/50 (tutition only) = 36% savings so I view 36% scholarship as very generous, considering I wasn't expecting a scholarship at all!!! :bouncer
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 26 Jan 2009
Posts: 141
Schools: Yale SOM 2011
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2009, 13:27
ElleBee wrote:
I have a question that I figured would be better answered by people who'd already applied/been accepted to Fuqua...

If I apply ED in this fall, will that impact scholarship decisions? I'm not presuming that I'm going to be offered a scholarship by Fuqua, but would they even have any incentive to consider me for a scholarship if they'd already accepted me ED (since obviously, I'm already going there so they wouldn't need to "woo" me away from another school). Can anyone offer insight or personal experience? Thanks! Congratulations to all those accepted and good luck to the waitlisted!


I applied round 2 and visited the campus for a class tour and the interview.
Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants!   [#permalink] 20 Mar 2009, 13:27
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
510 Experts publish their posts in the topic Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! mbamyway 1639 21 Apr 2013, 08:45
356 Experts publish their posts in the topic Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants asimov 1831 12 Jun 2012, 06:34
64 Experts publish their posts in the topic Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants aerien 612 01 Jan 2013, 11:46
93 Experts publish their posts in the topic Duke Fuqua 2012 - Calling All Applicants subhashghosh 1505 13 Jul 2011, 04:12
205 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants ThomasD 2695 18 May 2010, 07:33
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50    Next  [ 990 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.