Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 10:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Emory applicants Fall 2008

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
VP
VP
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2007, 06:51
I attended the Emory reception in NY y'day.

Folks from Admissions Office, one Prof(finance) ,2 Current students and Just 2 Alumni

Students were very friendly and honest. Not giving the generic BS answers like team work bla bla etc..But specific references to why they choose Emory over X school etc... Career choices available at the school...and what can be achieved/What Not!

Sad , There were just 2 alumni for the reception..which was disappointing. Shows either the NY Alumni doesnt give a damn or the alumni NY is far and few..

I will apply for sure ..but will i go if i get a admit...not so sure as of now...
Current Student
Schools: Emory class of 2010
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2007, 06:59
How many alumni normally show up from other schools at events like that? Is it possible that they only asked for 2 alumni to be a part of the event?

What positives and negatives did you learn from the event?
VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2007, 07:51
emoryhopeful wrote:
How many alumni normally show up from other schools at events like that? Is it possible that they only asked for 2 alumni to be a part of the event?

What positives and negatives did you learn from the event?

This is a school reception - Not a consortium event -- and the earlier receptions i attended were for Darden/Duke...These schools turned out huge numbers -alumni who are based in NYC -and this helped me to talk to diverse people --Trader from a IB or a Bain Consultant - some one from Consumer marketing...etc..which helps me in really assessing the strength of the school when it comes to recruiting

Positives : Small class , more resources per student
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2007, 12:09
http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/ra ... emory.html

I thought this would be a good link to have in the Emory thread.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

emory [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2007, 09:45
Sorry guys on getting back late,

Anyway as for my waitlist from emory, they had no explanation attached, it just said, we had too many applicants for a small class and that they would like to place me on wait list. So far no dings or admits apart from emory for me. got an interview invite from cornell and maryland smith and have completed the cornell interview.

Murali
VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
Re: emory [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2007, 10:36
murali83 wrote:
Sorry guys on getting back late,

Anyway as for my waitlist from emory, they had no explanation attached, it just said, we had too many applicants for a small class and that they would like to place me on wait list. So far no dings or admits apart from emory for me. got an interview invite from cornell and maryland smith and have completed the cornell interview.

Murali

Did you visit Emory for an interview or any events?
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2007, 23:34
yes, i did interview at emory and attend the super saturday.

Murali
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

[#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2007, 23:18
Hey People,

I also have an Emory Interview in a couple of days. Its a telephonic one but trying to get a personal one. Lets see.

Can anyone share what the interview experience is like ?
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2007, 05:56
beyondinfinity wrote:
Hey People,

I also have an Emory Interview in a couple of days. Its a telephonic one but trying to get a personal one. Lets see.

Can anyone share what the interview experience is like ?

The interview for me was very laid back and conversational. They started by asking me to walk them through my resume with the interviewer asking questions throughout. Asking for more in depth information with work experience. She also asked how I made an impact in a work environment, and outside of the workplace. I was asked why Goizueta, how would I make a difference while there and how I would fit in their community. I can't remember everything, but I know they stress the core values and leadership.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2007, 12:01
Thanks a lot...Did you feel the need to prepare for the interview.

PS: Its confirmed that the interview is telephonic. Any suggestion particularly for a telephonic one ?
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2007, 12:19
beyondinfinity wrote:
Thanks a lot...Did you feel the need to prepare for the interview.

PS: Its confirmed that the interview is telephonic. Any suggestion particularly for a telephonic one ?

I didn't prepare for the interview in any formal way. I had just completed my essays and had visited the campus and sat in on a class so I felt prepared. I just made sure I knew about the school by researching the web, visiting campus, and talking to alums and current students.

My interview was in person, so I don't really know how to help you with a telephonic interview. But, just remember, people can tell how genuine you are on the phone, just like they can in person. People can tell when you're smiling on the phone, enjoying the conversation, or if you're nervous. So, try and be yourself, be relaxed and remember to smile, even though its over the phone.

Good luck.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2007, 22:35
Thanks..My interview is scheduled for Dec 13.

I will keep ya posted about the same and get in touch with you for more clarifications.

Thanks Again
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2007, 12:35
Hey Guys --

Not a huge poster here, but I did just receive a great phone call -- I have been admitted to the Goizueta Class of 2010!!!
Director
Director
Schools: Chicago Booth 2010
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2007, 12:36
GMATforFal08 wrote:
Hey Guys --

Not a huge poster here, but I did just receive a great phone call -- I have been admitted to the Goizueta Class of 2010!!!

congrats!
VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2007, 12:39
GMATforFal08 wrote:
Hey Guys --

Congrats

would be interested to know the Emory App journey !
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2007, 13:27
GMATforFal08 wrote:
Hey Guys --

Please post how the application process laid out. How long between when your app. was complete, and when you got your phone call. Do you plan on matriculating? Any news about scholarship money at the same time as the admit? Please tell us more.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2007, 13:40
emoryhopeful wrote:
GMATforFal08 wrote:
Hey Guys --

Please post how the application process laid out. How long between when your app. was complete, and when you got your phone call. Do you plan on matriculating? Any news about scholarship money at the same time as the admit? Please tell us more.

I submitted my application on October 23rd, Interviewed (off-campus) on Nov 15, and received the phone call a couple of hours ago.

I applied to a few other schools, so I'll see how that all goes before making any final decisions, but I am very, very pleased right now. No news on any scholarship money on the voicemail I received, but I was told I will be getting my offical admissions packet in a couple weeks.

Please PM me if you would like any more info, I'd be happy to answer any additional questions.....
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2007, 13:41
congrats GMAT ...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2007, 17:43
Big congrats! Emory is a great school, and Atlanta is an awesome city!
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2007, 23:09
Congrats Gmat...

I have my interview on 13 december. Its a telephone one. Can u walk me through your interview experience. :-)
  [#permalink] 05 Dec 2007, 23:09