Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 08:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all ESSEC MSc applicants for 2013 intake!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ESSEC '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V25
GPA: 3.3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Calling all ESSEC MSc applicants for 2013 intake! [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 18:14
This post received
KUDOS
Okay.. So I've decided to start a post here since ESSEC announced first round short-listed results for the MSc program.

Let's share what our profiles look like!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For me, I am a Canadian with a CGPA of 3.0/4.0, and a GPA of 3.5/4.0 for the last 2 years of studies (Still in school for my last year).

My major is Mathematics for Commerce, coming from York University.

I fast-tracked my studies, so I am finishing up my honours undergrad (4 year degree) in 3 years.

I had part-time jobs here and there, but I did not say I had any work experience on the application because I didn't consider my tutoring jobs to be professional.

My recommendations were very strong, both coming from senior professors, they all gave me a very nice recommendations.

My GMAT was rather low, 620 overall with 49 in Q and 25 in V. AWA was 4.5, and IR was 6. Since I was cramming my courses during summer, taking overload, I did not have time to study properly. It was taken once, and I just submitted as is.

I was short-listed, and now waiting for the interview.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
Schools: HEC '15

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all ESSEC MSc applicants for 2013 intake! [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2012, 22:21
Hey!
I also think about to apply to essec, but not sure yet whether other business schools in Paris or Lyon are a better decision ...
GMAT is 690, bachelor's degree also pretty good.
Why did you applied to ESSEC and not to HEC, EM Lyon etc?

Best!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all ESSEC MSc applicants for 2013 intake! [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2012, 08:30
This post received
KUDOS
Well, I also applied to HEC but only to strategic management (Not Grandes Ecoles).

The reason why I picked ESSEC for Grandes Ecoles, is because this school has the most freedom to choose electives over other schools. I want to run my own company after working for a while at a corporation, so this school is perfect for me. Also I am a Korean-Canadian, so I needed a school that has connections to Asian markets as well. With the Singapore campus, ESSEC is just superior over other business schools in Europe. (And HULT is too expensive for me). I found out that other schools like EM-Lyon or HEC do not have this much freedom compared to what ESSEC has to offer.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all ESSEC MSc applicants for 2013 intake! [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2012, 13:26
@jimlaner, how was the interview? What did they ask you? Did they ask about your grades/GMAT?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all ESSEC MSc applicants for 2013 intake! [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2012, 20:23
Ok, so the interview went great and now I have been admitted to ESSEC! :)

They never asked for my grade or GMAT scores, all the questions were non-academic related.

Very typical questions you can find online, like why MiM, why ESSEC, why France, plans while in school, plans after school, etc.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all ESSEC MSc applicants for 2013 intake! [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 03:54
@jimlaner: I stumbled upon your comments and thought I would chim in. Just to disclose, I am in fact a Hult employee (and also a Canadian 8-) ). Hult does offer generous scholarships based on merit and financial need, and we have a campus in Shanghai, which would give you extensive exposure and connections to that market. Let me know if you have any questions. Otherwise, best of luck in your studies!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all ESSEC MSc applicants for 2013 intake! [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2013, 08:01
Hi all,

I have an interview next week for the Msc Grand Ecole at ESSEC... going to Paris on Wednesday so I am quite excited!

Can anyone help with regards to interview questions...? I already have an admit from ESADE so I am a bit more relaxed this time... :)

Thanks!
Kate
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all ESSEC MSc applicants for 2013 intake! [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 08:35
KateG130290 wrote:
Hi all,

I have an interview next week for the Msc Grand Ecole at ESSEC... going to Paris on Wednesday so I am quite excited!

Can anyone help with regards to interview questions...? I already have an admit from ESADE so I am a bit more relaxed this time... :)

Thanks!
Kate

Hey KAte,

I hope it turned out well for you. Im going to paris next week for my interview for the MSc in Strategy, im excited and freaked out at the same time!

How was the interview like ? how long ? any details would help... Im really wondering if they can make me come all the way from Canada and then reject me ?! Have you heard of some people rejected after the interview?
Re: Calling all ESSEC MSc applicants for 2013 intake!   [#permalink] 03 May 2013, 08:35