Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Nov 2014, 14:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged)

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Posts: 332
Schools: Wharton Class of 2012 w/ fellowship
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 12

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2010, 20:07
I'm a RD 2 applicant and got the Stern Diversity Day Interview invite yesterday. Like I said in another thread, I'm skeptical about this invite as I got an email confirming that they received my application and look forward to reading it on the same day as the interview invite which said my application had been read. I hope this wasn't some blind invite and that my application was evaluated on some level. I'm also skeptical since I know my application was probably given to them late as CGSM did not have one of my transcripts.

Does Ross have a separate interview also? Has any round 2 applicant been invited to interview at Ross yet?
_________________

My story of an average chick who stumbled into the 700+ club
700-clubbers-add-your-name-to-the-list-64636-100.html#p600519
My 2009-2010 Application Decisions
2010-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-78475.html?view-post=600694#p600694

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2010
Posts: 127
Schools: Stanford, Haas, Stern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2010, 20:21
2012dreams wrote:
I'm a RD 2 applicant and got the Stern Diversity Day Interview invite yesterday. Like I said in another thread, I'm skeptical about this invite as I got an email confirming that they received my application and look forward to reading it on the same day as the interview invite which said my application had been read. I hope this wasn't some blind invite and that my application was evaluated on some level. I'm also skeptical since I know my application was probably given to them late as CGSM did not have one of my transcripts.

Does Ross have a separate interview also? Has any round 2 applicant been invited to interview at Ross yet?


You got an invite, don't worry so much.

Congrats!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2010
Posts: 127
Schools: Stanford, Haas, Stern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2010, 17:02
Does anyone know how to change junk mail filters in GMAIL to allow for the email addresses that the school asks you to make sure you can receive mail from?
Director
Director
User avatar
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Joined: 25 Aug 2009
Posts: 937
Location: New Haven
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2012
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Followers: 39

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 113

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2010, 17:09
mbaTime wrote:
Does anyone know how to change junk mail filters in GMAIL to allow for the email addresses that the school asks you to make sure you can receive mail from?


go to your gmail inbox.
click 'settings' (top right hand corner of page).
click the 'filters' tab.
click 'create a new filter'
in the "from" field, put in the email address in question, and click 'next step' (click OK if you get a dialog box)
check 'never send to spam' and click create filter
_________________

GMAT Debrief

Take a Survey about GMAT Prep - Win Prizes!

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2010
Posts: 127
Schools: Stanford, Haas, Stern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2010, 17:28
shadowsjc wrote:
mbaTime wrote:
Does anyone know how to change junk mail filters in GMAIL to allow for the email addresses that the school asks you to make sure you can receive mail from?


go to your gmail inbox.
click 'settings' (top right hand corner of page).
click the 'filters' tab.
click 'create a new filter'
in the "from" field, put in the email address in question, and click 'next step' (click OK if you get a dialog box)
check 'never send to spam' and click create filter


Thanks a lot. Any idea if the status on the schools website changes from "Under Review" to something else when you receive an interview?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Feb 2010
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2010, 01:42
I am a R2 CGSM applicant to Ross and Yale. I received an email from Yale stating that they would contact me if they felt an additional Yale-specific interview was necessary in addition to the CGSM interview.

Does anybody know if Ross does a school-specific interview in addition to the CGSM interview? I haven't heard anything from them and am beginning to worry.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2010
Posts: 127
Schools: Stanford, Haas, Stern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2010, 06:38
I recieved an email today from a student club at NYU Stern regarding activites for Stern students. Has anyone else recieved such emails from Stern?

I'm not really sure what to make of this.

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 21 May 2009
Posts: 57
Schools: Kellogg (Interviewed, ding) , Fuqua (Admit), HBS, Ross (WL) /Kelley (Admit) /McCombs (ding) - Consortium
WE 1: Technology Engineer
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2010, 08:06
This wait is just a step above annoying..... :evil:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Jan 2010
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2010, 10:16
mbaTime wrote:
I recieved an email today from a student club at NYU Stern regarding activites for Stern students. Has anyone else recieved such emails from Stern?

I'm not really sure what to make of this.

Thanks.


I haven't received anything like this. Hopefully its a sign of good things to come for you...!

Waiting anxiously for my interview invite here, lol. :D

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2010
Posts: 127
Schools: Stanford, Haas, Stern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2010, 10:48
HeresHoping wrote:
mbaTime wrote:
I recieved an email today from a student club at NYU Stern regarding activites for Stern students. Has anyone else recieved such emails from Stern?

I'm not really sure what to make of this.

Thanks.


I haven't received anything like this. Hopefully its a sign of good things to come for you...!

Thanks! I hope so!


Waiting anxiously for my interview invite here, lol. :D

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Jan 2010
Posts: 33
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2010, 11:53
CGSMR2Applicant wrote:
I am a R2 CGSM applicant to Ross and Yale. I received an email from Yale stating that they would contact me if they felt an additional Yale-specific interview was necessary in addition to the CGSM interview.

Does anybody know if Ross does a school-specific interview in addition to the CGSM interview? I haven't heard anything from them and am beginning to worry.



Hi! SOM said last year they only had to interview 4 candidates out of the over 400 consortium ones. So you really shouldn't expect an interview from them, unless your Consortium interview had some kind of issue. Ross, on the other hand, will be interviewing all Consortium applicants they are interested in.

I also applied to Ross and I'm feeling really disheartened at this point because it seems like so many people who did not apply from the consortium have gotten interviews, and they have already started slowing down... Is this true for Consortium applicants too, though???
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Posts: 332
Schools: Wharton Class of 2012 w/ fellowship
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 12

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2010, 12:05
i'm not familiar with Ross's interview practices, but after the gaffe last week, i'm sure that may have slowed down invites. additionally, from other friends who went through the consortium, i have heard that the application process seems to be relatively less predictable and drawn out at most of the schools.

have any CGSM applicants been invited to interview at Ross yet?
_________________

My story of an average chick who stumbled into the 700+ club
700-clubbers-add-your-name-to-the-list-64636-100.html#p600519
My 2009-2010 Application Decisions
2010-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-78475.html?view-post=600694#p600694

Director
Director
User avatar
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Joined: 25 Aug 2009
Posts: 937
Location: New Haven
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2012
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Followers: 39

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 113

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2010, 12:17
2012dreams wrote:
i'm not familiar with Ross's interview practices, but after the gaffe last week


what was the gaffe?
_________________

GMAT Debrief

Take a Survey about GMAT Prep - Win Prizes!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jan 2010
Posts: 20
Location: San Juan, PR
Schools: Ross, Kelley, McCombs, Tuck, Stanford, HBS, Kellogg
WE 1: 5 yrs Financial Services/Compliance
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2010, 12:35
I have not heard from Ross yet, what was the gaffe you are mentioning?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Posts: 332
Schools: Wharton Class of 2012 w/ fellowship
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 12

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2010, 12:40
shadowsjc wrote:
2012dreams wrote:
i'm not familiar with Ross's interview practices, but after the gaffe last week


what was the gaffe?

seems a lot of people got missing document emails last week when nothing was missing.
_________________

My story of an average chick who stumbled into the 700+ club
700-clubbers-add-your-name-to-the-list-64636-100.html#p600519
My 2009-2010 Application Decisions
2010-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-78475.html?view-post=600694#p600694

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 28
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Schools: Kelley '12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2010, 14:06
2012dreams wrote:
shadowsjc wrote:
2012dreams wrote:
i'm not familiar with Ross's interview practices, but after the gaffe last week


what was the gaffe?

seems a lot of people got missing document emails last week when nothing was missing.


I got missing recommendation letters when applying to Emory! :shock:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Feb 2010
Posts: 15
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2010, 16:17
Hi, I am a R2 CGSM applicant and received my interview invite from Ross a week ago.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Feb 2010
Posts: 13
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2010, 08:34
still nothing from ross & nyu...
sigh.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2010
Posts: 127
Schools: Stanford, Haas, Stern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2010, 09:14
eff1ten wrote:
still nothing from ross & nyu...
sigh.


Me neither... :?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 28
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Schools: Kelley '12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2010, 12:12
Has anyone heard from Cornell (R1 or R2)?

Also, does your ranking of the schools in the Consortium application have any bearing on admission to the school (not necessarily the Consortium membership)?
Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged)   [#permalink] 02 Feb 2010, 12:12
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
580 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! TheSenator 2345 27 Jun 2011, 05:55
62 Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! shadow 2638 07 Jun 2010, 23:12
199 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Duke Fall 2010 Applicants! (MERGED) highhopes 1282 23 Jun 2009, 16:57
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged)

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  45    Next  [ 899 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.