Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 10:48

Going on right now!

Interview Invites from Chicago - Booth | Join the chat room for Live Updates.

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Schools: Wharton Class of 2012 w/ fellowship
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 12

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2010, 09:35
got the ross invite today

My story of an average chick who stumbled into the 700+ club
700-clubbers-add-your-name-to-the-list-64636-100.html#p600519
My 2009-2010 Application Decisions
2010-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-78475.html?view-post=600694#p600694

Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2010, 10:27
I've only posted a few times, but add me in for a ding (Stern rd2). I hope this isn't indicative of the responses that I will receive from the other schools.

Last edited by SCBooth on 04 Feb 2010, 10:45, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2012
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Followers: 39

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 113

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2010, 10:38
SCBooth wrote:
I've only posted a few times, but add me in for a ding (rd2). I hope this isn't indicative of the responses that I will receive from the other schools.

sorry to hear that - what schools did you apply to?

GMAT Debrief

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2010, 10:45
shadowsjc wrote:
SCBooth wrote:
I've only posted a few times, but add me in for a ding (rd2). I hope this isn't indicative of the responses that I will receive from the other schools.

Consortium--Yale and Stern

Otherwise--Booth, Columbia, Wharton

Stern is the first school to get back to me (no interview). I figured that there will be more dings than acceptances (only need one), so at least the first one is out of the way.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Stanford, Haas, Stern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2010, 10:52
shadowsjc wrote:
SCBooth wrote:

HBS is very hard to get into, so I don't think its a good indicator of things to come for you.

Best of luck...
Director
Director

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2010, 10:56
SCBooth wrote:
shadowsjc wrote:
SCBooth wrote:

Consortium--Yale and Stern

Otherwise--Booth, Columbia, Wharton

Stern is the first school to get back to me (no interview). I figured that there will be more dings than acceptances (only need one), so at least the first one is out of the way.

don't worry - none of us knows what these schools are looking for exactly. just stay positive - good luck on the rest of your apps

GMAT Debrief

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Director
Director

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2010, 11:00
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2010, 12:24
mbaTime wrote:
i know of a number of round 2 applicants who received an email today from stern. i was also waitlisted w/out an interview.

[quote="mbaTime"
Any idea about how this affects the fellowship opportunity?[/quote]

i would think that you would have to be accepted by one of your top 3 schools by feb 26 in order to be eligible for the consortium fellowship. from what i recall, only your top three schools can offer you the fellowship. feel free to double check that.

if you're waitlisted and your top school isn't going to re-review your app until the spring, you'd probably want accept an offer from another school unless you're determined to attend your top choice.

it looks like feb 26 is the deadline for consortium schools to make their decisions. obviously, those waitlisted may not know their final admissions status until the end of the summer.

called mccombs today and tried to get an update. no luck :( was told that decisions will be made by feb 26 and an additional interview is not required. still no word from kelley.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2010, 12:44
alwaysmiling wrote:
mbaTime wrote:
i know of a number of round 2 applicants who received an email today from stern. i was also waitlisted w/out an interview.

[quote="mbaTime"
Any idea about how this affects the fellowship opportunity?

i would think that you would have to be accepted by one of your top 3 schools by feb 26 in order to be eligible for the consortium fellowship. from what i recall, only your top three schools can offer you the fellowship. feel free to double check that.

if you're waitlisted and your top school isn't going to re-review your app until the spring, you'd probably want accept an offer from another school unless you're determined to attend your top choice.

it looks like feb 26 is the deadline for consortium schools to make their decisions. obviously, those waitlisted may not know their final admissions status until the end of the summer.

called mccombs today and tried to get an update. no luck :( was told that decisions will be made by feb 26 and an additional interview is not required. still no word from kelley.[/quote]

I follow your logic the only problem is that I only applied to Stern :?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2010, 13:01
mbaTime,

hurry and apply to other schools. either submit a strong app round 3 or look for schools w/ rolling admissions. there are a few other fellowships out there for minorities. you could also try a second tier school and if your app is strong enough, maybe they'd offer you a free ride ... i'm all about having options.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2010, 13:27
alwaysmiling wrote:
mbaTime,

hurry and apply to other schools. either submit a strong app round 3 or look for schools w/ rolling admissions. there are a few other fellowships out there for minorities. you could also try a second tier school and if your app is strong enough, maybe they'd offer you a free ride ... i'm all about having options.

Thanks alwaysmiling,

I'm not really ready to attend a program that doesn't really interest me (why I only applied to Stern via consortium). I'll probably wait it out until next year if things don't pan out favorably this year.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2010, 13:36
invited to ross interview... just a quick question. do you interview with a member of the Ross adcom or a student if you go on a campus interview?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2010, 13:59
mbaTime wrote:
alwaysmiling wrote:
mbaTime,

Thanks alwaysmiling,

I'm not really ready to attend a program that doesn't really interest me (why I only applied to Stern via consortium). I'll probably wait it out until next year if things don't pan out favorably this year.

i totally understand. stern was also my first choice. if i don't get accepted to one my top 3, i may reapply next year. i'm also applying to columbia. hopefully, that'll work out.
Current Student
Schools: Wharton Class of 2012 w/ fellowship
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 12

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2010, 20:29
where did you all get that feb 26 deadline? is that the notification date or just when schools need to make a decision?

My story of an average chick who stumbled into the 700+ club
700-clubbers-add-your-name-to-the-list-64636-100.html#p600519
My 2009-2010 Application Decisions
2010-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-78475.html?view-post=600694#p600694

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2010, 20:39
2012dreams wrote:
where did you all get that feb 26 deadline? is that the notification date or just when schools need to make a decision?

The schools need to make a decision by the end of feb.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2012
WE 1: Big 4
WE 2: BB IB

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2010, 09:01
Nothing today??? Has anybody heard anything from Tuck?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2010, 09:31
2012mbahopeful wrote:
Nothing today??? Has anybody heard anything from Tuck?

I applied to stern, yale som, and tuck - and tuck is the only school I haven't heard from in some capacity. Both nyu and yale sent confirmations they received my applications, but have yet to hear a thing from tuck.

Is anyone else in this same boat - does tuck send anything out?

Fyi, I applied R2.

In the meantime, waiting anxiously to hear back from Stern....hoping to interview....

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2010, 09:43
hey.. same boat - nothing from stern yet, i hope hear something sooon!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2010, 10:00
No news from tuck yet... i have checked the BW forum too and it doesn t seem like many ppl in the US have received the call either(yet)!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2010, 12:57
i received an invitation to interview at tuck on tuesday. all tuck interviews have to be completed by feb 15th.

eff1ten, you make want to contact stern. a lot of ppl have already received responses. they were either invited to interview, declined, or waitlisted. you have to be interviewed to be admitted to stern. i read somewhere in this forum that ppl were invited to interview on feb 20, stern's minority day.
Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged)   [#permalink] 05 Feb 2010, 12:57