Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 23:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2010, 13:09
got an interview from UNC. Has anyone heard from USC if you've applied there?
Current Student
Schools: Michigan - Ross Class of 2012
WE 1: Marketing within Financial Services
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 9

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2010, 13:23
Mystik742 wrote:
Congratulations everyone!! I received an invitation to interview from Ross. Outlaw, I see you were admitted-how was your interview? Did you interview on campus or with an alum?

Hi there, sorry for the delay in my response. It's been a hectic few weeks at work and haven't been on GMAT Club recently. For my interview feedback, you can check this link out: http://www.accepted.com/mba/interviews/ ... IntID=9873.

Detailed Profile with Interviews/Dings/Admits: Go Here

Current Student
Schools: Michigan - Ross Class of 2012
WE 1: Marketing within Financial Services

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 9

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2010, 13:57
One comment on the discussion around the individual rankings. I've spoken with many ad coms directly about this. The schools WILL see your rankings when they receive the full application. The only reason they would not is if they requested from CGSM to withhold this information so that it does not bias their responses (i.e. Ross). There are not many that do, Ross is the only that I know does this.

Most schools won't use this information as an admissions factor and all of them say they wouldn't. However, it is very likely that some of the schools that might be more concerned with their yield (i.e. Yale, NYU) would take this into consideration when making a decision if you've ranked them as 1 or 2 v 4 or 5.

Detailed Profile with Interviews/Dings/Admits: Go Here

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2010, 13:58
alwaysmiling wrote:
i received an invitation to interview at tuck on tuesday. all tuck interviews have to be completed by feb 15th.

eff1ten, you make want to contact stern. a lot of ppl have already received responses. they were either invited to interview, declined, or waitlisted. you have to be interviewed to be admitted to stern. i read somewhere in this forum that ppl were invited to interview on feb 20, stern's minority day.

Has anyone else heard anything from Tuck yet? I guess if the interview deadline is the 15th, then they probably made up their minds regarding interviews.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2010, 15:03
thanks alwayssmiling..ill call to see if all consortium invites have been sent yet.

also, do Johnson and Tuck require interviews?

I was under the impression that Tuck only sent interviews out on a case-by-case basis. Haven't heard anything from either yet.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2010, 15:13
eff1ten wrote:
thanks alwayssmiling..ill call to see if all consortium invites have been sent yet.

I was under the impression that Tuck only sent interviews out on a case-by-case basis. Haven't heard anything from either yet.

Last edited by classof2012 on 23 Feb 2010, 00:26, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2010, 15:37
classof2012 wrote:
eff1ten wrote:

Man, I am right with you, I applied to Stern, Tuck, Johnson, and SOM and haven't heard anything from any of them.

My assumption about Tuck and Johnson is that the interviews are required.

actually, tuck doesn't require interviews. maybe if you have a very strong app or they're confident you're a good fit for their program, they won't request an interview. they said it was optional but i'll do whatever is necessary to show my interest, including renting a car and driving ten hours. ughhh.

eff1ten, the consortium won't be sending out fellowship info until mid-march.

re: stern, you should be able to log-in to your stern status page to see if they've reviewed your app. you need to speak to the schools directly regarding your status.

Last edited by alwaysmiling on 05 Feb 2010, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2010, 15:41
eff1ten wrote:

eff1ten, I also applied to Stern and the only info I got from them was my log-in password a few weeks ago.... I'm pretty discouraged at this point bc I'm in the west coast and I assume they would want to interview me on diversity weekend and would give me 2 weeks to arrange my trip.... :( I guess now it's already too late to call... But LMK if you talked to them and got some news! :) Good luck!!!!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2010, 15:57
alwaysmiling wrote:
classof2012 wrote:
eff1ten wrote:

Man, I am right with you, I applied to Stern, Tuck, Johnson, and SOM and haven't heard anything from any of them.

My assumption about Tuck and Johnson is that the interviews are required.

actually, tuck doesn't require interviews. maybe if you have a very strong app or they're confident you're a good fit for their program, they won't request an interview. they said it was optional but i'll do whatever is necessary to show my interest, including renting a car and driving ten hours. ughhh.

eff1ten, the consortium won't be sending out fellowship info until mid-march.

re: stern, you should be able to log-in to your stern status page to see if they've reviewed your app. you need to speak to the schools directly regarding your status.

alwaysmiling, this is what I have on my status page since I first received it 3 weeks ago... It hasn't change at all...
"Thank you for applying to the NYU Stern School of Business. We have received your application and it is being presented to the Admissions Committee for review. You will receive initial notification on or before the notification dates indicated below...."

It sounds like most people have hear either way... My hope is that hey are still reviewing apps for Consortium applicants and just haven't gotten to mine yet... :roll:
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2010, 16:36
alws, i'm hoping for the best for you! even though it may be stressful, in your case maybe no news is good news. maybe they want to continue weighing your app against other applicants'.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2010, 16:50
alwaysmiling wrote:
alws, i'm hoping for the best for you! even though it may be stressful, in your case maybe no news is good news. maybe they want to continue weighing your app against other applicants'.

Thank you! I really hope you are right :) good luck to you too!!!
Manager
Manager
Schools: Stanford, Haas, Stern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2010, 21:03
Hi all,

Does anyone know what % of candidates Stern Waitlists (regular applicants and/or Stern applicants) and what percentage of those applicants end up getting in?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kellogg (Interviewed, ding) , Fuqua (Admit), HBS, Ross (WL) /Kelley (Admit) /McCombs (ding) - Consortium
WE 1: Technology Engineer

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 07:20
It was pretty mean of the consortium to send an email from "Consortium admissions" just to advertise the mba tour....

when I saw the "from", my heart skipped a beat...

thanks for the false alarm :x
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 08:07
gravity1914 wrote:
It was pretty mean of the consortium to send an email from "Consortium admissions" just to advertise the mba tour....

Oh, you are not kidding!! I share the same sentiments exactly...!

Any new updates from anyone concerning Stern? From what I gather, there are a lot of people still waiting to hear.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2012
WE 1: Big 4
WE 2: BB IB

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 08:08
Re Stern, has anyone on this forum actually received the Stern interview invite? And if so, when?

Re Tuck, it seems there was a little back and forth...is the interview required to gain admission?

Re SOM, has anyone actually received their SOM log-in yet?

Last edited by 2012mbahopeful on 08 Feb 2010, 13:03, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2012
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 215 [0], given: 111

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 09:19
gravity1914 wrote:

i didn't get that email. maybe they lost my email address :?

2012mbahopeful wrote:
Has anyone actually received their Yale log-in yet???

nope, nothing since their contact last week saying it the login info would be coming soon

GMAT Debrief

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Schools: Kellogg (Interviewed, ding) , Fuqua (Admit), HBS, Ross (WL) /Kelley (Admit) /McCombs (ding) - Consortium
WE 1: Technology Engineer

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 09:49
shadowsjc wrote:
gravity1914 wrote:

2012mbahopeful wrote:

nope, nothing since their contact last week saying it the login info would be coming soon

between this email and the email from HBS today inviting me to prospective students day in march (which I already attended in the fall) I'm ready to lose it....
2 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 194 [2] , given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 11:34
This post received
KUDOS
gravity1914 wrote:
shadowsjc wrote:
gravity1914 wrote:

2012mbahopeful wrote:

between this email and the email from HBS today inviting me to prospective students day in march (which I already attended in the fall) I'm ready to lose it....

Got the same HBS email and got really excited until I realized I hadn't even applied to HBS.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 13

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 11:47
lagomez wrote:
gravity1914 wrote:

Got the same HBS email and got really excited until I realized I hadn't even applied to HBS.

Haha! I like this a lot. +1 Kudos to you!
Manager
Manager
Schools: Stanford, Haas, Stern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 11:52
zippy10 wrote:
lagomez wrote:
gravity1914 wrote:

Haha! I like this a lot. +1 Kudos to you!

That is funny ... this process can make you imagine things ...
Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged)   [#permalink] 08 Feb 2010, 11:52