Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 07:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Alpha Phi Omega, Golden Key, Phi Kappa Phi
Schools: Ross (CGSM), Maryland, Columbia, CGSM: Stern, Darden, Cornell
WE 1: Software/Product Dev (3 yrs)
WE 2: Patent Drafting/Prosecution (1 yr)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2010, 20:41
ibrokeit007 wrote:
I felt that my interview at UVA went fairly well, and that i would get an invite from them, if not from anyone else, but so far no luck.

Hi there ibrokeit007, I just wanted to encourage you not to lose the faith. I was told that Darden would get back to me on March 26th (and haven't heard anything since). I think no news since your interview is expected.

[For roll call purposes (to complete my profile), I've been dinged by Cornell w/ interview, and have interviewed with Darden and am still waiting for their decision.]

I'm officially a Terperine!

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2010, 22:21
Decision2012 wrote:
Is there anyone on here who has been admitted to Tuck via the Consortium and ALSO received that email with the login information, either before or after your admit call/email? I think we are all trying to figure out if the email is a harbinger of what's to come.....

Excellent question... as the recipient of one of the login emails I'm also interested in the answer to this.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2010, 23:44
I just want to weigh in so that people don't get too discouraged about Tuck. As mentioned I received a call with both admission and fellowship information. However, I think that both were "early" compared to what they generally have as a timeline. I contacted the adcom for an update and they were nice enough to provide it. I also got the same log-in email as everyone else, telling me that I could use those credentials to check my Consortium status later on. If you didn't get a call, it may be that they are actually trying to stick with their original timeline and not sending a message. Hang in there.
Current Student
Schools: HBS R2, Stanford R2, Wharton R2, Columbia RD, Tuck R2, Darden R2, Texas R2
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 25

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2010, 04:21
Decision2012 wrote:
Is there anyone on here who has been admitted to Tuck via the Consortium and ALSO received that email with the login information, either before or after your admit call/email? I think we are all trying to figure out if the email is a harbinger of what's to come.....

Regarding Tuck, I got a "please call me" email about 2 hours before getting the mass Tuck "Consortium" email that says decisions will be released on March 19th. When I called, I was informed that I was accepted and am eligible for a veteran's scholarship, and that I need to call student services. Nothing on my Tuck online account reflects being accepted. In essence, I was accepted before having my online account established.

As much as I hate speculating, I really do think the call was a kind of "congrats, no Fellowship for you, interested in $50K for being a veteran?" type of call. As MBACHALLENGE told us, it seems likely that the fellowships are out, but I'm sure some more Tuck acceptances are coming our way. I think that email was a mass-blast thing sent to all Consortium applicants, regardless of status.

Tuck is a smaller school, and they seem to like to do things with a handshake and a phone call more than using a distant IT apparatus. I would relax, not read too much into this email, and get ready for the good news next week.
Intern
Intern
Schools: NYU Stern 2012

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2010, 13:34
keep hope alive tuck and darden applicants! I received my acceptance to stern almost a week after most so don't be discouraged. I've given up trying to figure out how some of these schools release their decisions.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2010, 14:03
Ron and b-schooler, congratulations to you and all other Tuck admits. Thanks for weighing in. This entire process is so nervewracking.... the timing and the wording of every bit of communication we get from the schools (esp Tuck since they are so tight-lipped!) is cause for analysis and anxiety. lol.

It makes sense that the admit calls that have already gone out have nothing to do with the generic login emails. With a yield of whatever percent (60% I think?), Tuck would be making between 400-500 admit calls. They wouldn't make all their calls by the time they sent that login email (which we all got, within that small time frame). Which means, yes, it is inevitable that some applicants would receive their admit call before others, regardless of the login email. Ha! That is my way of talking myself out of a meltdown!

Fingers crossed for that 603 area code for all of us next week.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Indiana Kelley/Class of 2012/Full tuition $$
WE 1: Healthcare/Biomedical Research
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2010, 04:14
ibrokeit007 wrote:
Hi Case2010,

Nothing happen, but the wait has finally gotten to me. I figure that if i haven't gotten an invite by now, most likely it won't happen this year.

I felt that my interview at UVA went fairly well, and that i would get an invite from them, if not from anyone else, but so far no luck.

I received the same email, that one of the other guys received from Tuck, which clearly point to the Ding... hall of fame...

Let's keep hoping, however if not this year, I will try next year again, and hope that HBS, Wharton, CBS or Darden takes me.

Plan B: Help one of my friends launch a new company, it is actually a very cool Idea and he is about half way there, he will be presenting the concept for the first time at a Medical Conference. I was going to help him anyway before heading to B's school, but now I def. will help him until I go to B's next year.

I have to admit that the outpouring of support and camaraderie here for ibrokeit007 and everyone else waiting has been amazing. If this is a fore gleam of what the Consortium membership promises to be, then, it sure is a wonderful league. ibrokeit007, as many others have commented, please dont throw in your hat this soon. Having gone thru a similar wait experience during R1, I know how excruciatingly painful it can be but you've worked so hard for this for at least a number of months and a few more weeks is not more than you can handle.

For all it's worth, please disregard those mass e-mails from Tuck as a predictor of doom. They handle Consortium apps differently as they have to manually enter our info into their system while everyone else applies directly online. I got such an e-mail from Olin the week I was admitted in Jan. I called and they told me to disregard it. If my memory is anything to go by, my top choice Kelley never even provided access to an online account but gave me their decision very fast. So how about you call all your programs and get an update from them? Hang in there...

Leadership is not really about telling people what to do — a strategy that doesn't always work. It's about creating an environment where people can speak up, where we can get into debates without becoming confrontational or negative. [It's] about getting people to bring all of themselves to the table." - DuPont CEO Ellen Kullman; Kellogg '83

Manager
Manager
Schools: Stanford, Haas, Stern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2010, 09:07
Does anyone know when Stern will review applicants that are waitlisted through the Consortium.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2010, 10:32
Any news from Tepper's fellowship?
Current Student
Schools: Wharton Class of 2012 w/ fellowship
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2010, 10:33
do we get any explicit communication from the Consortium that we have been admitted to CGSM? i got an email from NYU labeled "Dear Consortium Students" so I assume I was admitted to CGSM, and I guess Stern alerts fellowship recipients via the acceptance package about fellowships?

My story of an average chick who stumbled into the 700+ club
700-clubbers-add-your-name-to-the-list-64636-100.html#p600519
My 2009-2010 Application Decisions
2010-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-78475.html?view-post=600694#p600694

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2010, 10:48
Any word from Tuck anyone?
Current Student
Schools: MIT (Sloan) - Class of 2012

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2010, 11:12
MBAYear wrote:
Any news from Tepper's fellowship?

According to the Tepper adCom I called a few weeks ago and the Tepper thread, decisions should be out today around 5pm EST.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2012
WE 1: Big 4
WE 2: BB IB

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2010, 12:11
I thought that there would have much more activity today :?

Last edited by 2012mbahopeful on 15 Mar 2010, 17:39, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2010, 12:28
That's not necessarily a bad thing.... I'd feel alot worse if the whole forum was jumping with admits.... lol.. but there has not been one word from Tuck hopefuls, so maybe there weren't many calls today?

Either that or all the admit calls have gone out. Hopefully not.
Manager
Manager
Schools: USC(CGSM), NYU(Int), Texas(CGSM), Ross(CGSM), LBS(Int), Kellogg(Int,JDMBA)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 14

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2010, 12:41
I wonder if we will get our snail mail from the Consortium today, or if it is being mailed out today.
Current Student
Schools: Wharton Class of 2012 w/ fellowship
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2010, 12:48
I called the Consortium today, the lady said they would be mailing membership/fellowship letters this week, so most of us probably won't know anything until Thurs/Fri at best.

My story of an average chick who stumbled into the 700+ club
700-clubbers-add-your-name-to-the-list-64636-100.html#p600519
My 2009-2010 Application Decisions
2010-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-78475.html?view-post=600694#p600694

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2010, 13:11
2012dreams wrote:
do we get any explicit communication from the Consortium that we have been admitted to CGSM? i got an email from NYU labeled "Dear Consortium Students" so I assume I was admitted to CGSM, and I guess Stern alerts fellowship recipients via the acceptance package about fellowships?

Stern should've notified you about your Consortium status (membership/fellowship) when they communicated their admit decision to you. The "Dear Consortium" e-mail could be because you are a consortium applicant (I got a similar e-mail from Darden a while back directed to all Consortium Applicants) or that you were indeed admitted to the Consortium or admitted with the Fellowship. So I'd say call Stern to verify. At least that'll give you some peace of mind...

Leadership is not really about telling people what to do — a strategy that doesn't always work. It's about creating an environment where people can speak up, where we can get into debates without becoming confrontational or negative. [It's] about getting people to bring all of themselves to the table." - DuPont CEO Ellen Kullman; Kellogg '83

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2010, 13:15
2012dreams wrote:
I called the Consortium today, the lady said they would be mailing membership/fellowship letters this week, so most of us probably won't know anything until Thurs/Fri at best.

Ha ha. I probably called right after you did :lol: . She said they are putting the letters in envelopes today and will mail out Wednesday...that we should get them in 4-5 days from them....

Ok I know thatz too long. Isn't the usual regular delivery 2-3 days (unless Alaska or Hawaii)? So by Friday or Sat at the latest? :-D

Manager
Manager
Schools: USC(CGSM), NYU(Int), Texas(CGSM), Ross(CGSM), LBS(Int), Kellogg(Int,JDMBA)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 14

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2010, 14:33
Thanks for the intel, y'all. I applied to the Consortium a few days after the deadline, since I didn't even know I was eligible (non URM) until another member suggested I apply. By that time, I had already applied to NYU regularly. Even though Texas has offered me Consortium membership, NYU said they may or may not elect to offer me membership if I were to be admitted. My NYU essays highlight my Consortium related activities, but in less detail. Plus, the non-profit I volunteered for didn't write me a rec for NYU, so I am in a weird position where one member school may offer me Consortium membership, while the other doesn't. It would be unfortunate to miss out on OP and being part of the Consortium family.

I am just curious where most Consortium applicants/admits this year call home. I am from the Bay area, California.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2010, 19:04
Hi Case2010 and company,

Thanks for all your support and words of motivation. The truth is that we are all in the same boat, and although we are competing for some of the same spots, we still care about our prospective classmates and def. show our support for each other.

It is a difficult year and the competition has been amazing; that only means that we as future leaders are only working hard to make a difference in the business world, keep up the good work and best of luck to everyone…

Ps. Lets keep our fingers cross and hope for the best in the coming days… I will be absent, but hope to hear good news from all of you… when I check back this coming Saturday…

Cheers…
Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged)   [#permalink] 15 Mar 2010, 19:04