Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 12 Jul 2014, 18:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2010, 16:12
This post received
KUDOS
Hi all! I don't think we are going to get fellowship decisions in the mail until Friday. It just doesn't make sense to get fellowship decisions before Friday if some schools still have not given people decisions. It would be odd to get a Fellowship decision for Darden, for example, if they are not going to release decisions until the 19th. Just my 2 cents.
Manager
Manager
Schools: USC(CGSM), NYU(Int), Texas(CGSM), Ross(CGSM), LBS(Int), Kellogg(Int,JDMBA)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 14

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2010, 16:14
Thank you for clearing that up and congrats on the Ross Fellowship! That's huge.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2010, 16:40
But I hope I'm wrong! The sooner I receive the letter, the sooner that I can tell work that I'm leaving!
Current Student
Schools: HBS R2, Stanford R2, Wharton R2, Columbia RD, Tuck R2, Darden R2, Texas R2
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 25

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 03:25
Just got the news (via email) that I am in at Darden with the Fellowship.
Current Student
Schools: Michigan - Ross Class of 2012
WE 1: Marketing within Financial Services
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 9

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 03:44
RonMexico wrote:

Congrats! That's so awesome!

Detailed Profile with Interviews/Dings/Admits: Go Here

Manager
Manager
Schools: Indiana Kelley/Class of 2012/Full tuition $$
WE 1: Healthcare/Biomedical Research
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 03:53
RonMexico wrote:

Congratz bro!!
niceguy22 wrote:
Hi all! I don't think we are going to get fellowship decisions in the mail until Friday. It just doesn't make sense to get fellowship decisions before Friday if some schools still have not given people decisions. It would be odd to get a Fellowship decision for Darden, for example, if they are not going to release decisions until the 19th. Just my 2 cents.

niceguy22, your explanation makes perfect sense but per Ronmexico's update, it appears Darden is now sending out decisions. Does that poke holes into your theory and that maybe we'll get our packages sooner? ...that there might be something in the mail for me after work today? :-D

Leadership is not really about telling people what to do — a strategy that doesn't always work. It's about creating an environment where people can speak up, where we can get into debates without becoming confrontational or negative. [It's] about getting people to bring all of themselves to the table." - DuPont CEO Ellen Kullman; Kellogg '83

Manager
Manager
Schools: Stanford, Haas, Stern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 05:08
Anybody hear anything from Stern? When are they going to release decisions?

Thanks.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Wharton Class of 2012 w/ fellowship
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 56 [1] , given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 05:27
This post received
KUDOS
mbaTime wrote:

Thanks.

decisions about acceptance or about fellowships? since i have yet to see someone confirm yes or no about receiving the fellowship from stern, i'm just assuming they let the consortium tell you instead of telling people themselves, but if anyone's acceptance pack had the information or you got an email/call, please let us know.

My story of an average chick who stumbled into the 700+ club
700-clubbers-add-your-name-to-the-list-64636-100.html#p600519
My 2009-2010 Application Decisions
2010-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-78475.html?view-post=600694#p600694

Intern
Intern
Schools: NYU Stern 2012

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 06:20
2012dreams wrote:
mbaTime wrote:

Thanks.

decisions about acceptance or about fellowships? since i have yet to see someone confirm yes or no about receiving the fellowship from stern, i'm just assuming they let the consortium tell you instead of telling people themselves, but if anyone's acceptance pack had the information or you got an email/call, please let us know.

I received my letter from Stern but it made no mention of the consortium. I know a few other people that said the same.
Current Student

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 06:32
seanyc wrote:
2012dreams wrote:
mbaTime wrote:

Thanks.

I received my letter from Stern but it made no mention of the consortium. I know a few other people that said the same.

Same for me as well. No Consortium mention.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 12:28
All - sorry been a lurker for a while. Got the Stern admitted phone call a few weeks ago, then received my packet in the mail with the fellowship letter. Figured I'd weigh in since no one else has...

This has certainly been a process, good luck to everyone...
Manager
Manager
Schools: Indiana Kelley/Class of 2012/Full tuition $$
WE 1: Healthcare/Biomedical Research
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 12:44
luckisprepandopp wrote:
All - sorry been a lurker for a while. Got the Stern admitted phone call a few weeks ago, then received my packet in the mail with the fellowship letter. Figured I'd weigh in since no one else has...

This has certainly been a process, good luck to everyone...

You mean the "packet" from the Consortium or your admit packet from Stern. Please respond before retreating to Lurker-ville again :-D

Leadership is not really about telling people what to do — a strategy that doesn't always work. It's about creating an environment where people can speak up, where we can get into debates without becoming confrontational or negative. [It's] about getting people to bring all of themselves to the table." - DuPont CEO Ellen Kullman; Kellogg '83

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 12:49
I mean the packet from Stern stating they'd given me the Consortium fellowship. This was followed up by a phone call from admissions with a congrats.

They informed me that the Consortium itself should be reaching out to me directly soon with further info.

Hope this helps. I'm back to Lurkerville... :)
Intern
Intern
Schools: NYU Stern 2012

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 13:50
luckisprepandopp wrote:
I mean the packet from Stern stating they'd given me the Consortium fellowship. This was followed up by a phone call from admissions with a congrats.

They informed me that the Consortium itself should be reaching out to me directly soon with further info.

Hope this helps. I'm back to Lurkerville... :)

sweet, my glimmer of hope is gone.....time to go back to panicking about paying for stern :shock:
Intern
Intern
Schools: Ross (CGSM Fellow), Wash U Olin R2, Kelley R2, Tepper R2, Marshall R2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 17:28
@theoutlawfaded: Congrats on the fellowship!! So nice. Is it a done deal? Are you headed to Ross?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 18:22
Thank you! Not done yet. Waiting to see what package I get from Duke and what I hear from Columbia. Darden also offered me a scholarship outside the Consortium. I'm leaning Ross but until I have all the information, I'm gonna wait to decide.

I'm going to both Duke and Ross admit weekends. That could seal it or further complicate things. Only time will tell.

Intern
Intern
Schools: Ross (CGSM Fellow), Wash U Olin R2, Kelley R2, Tepper R2, Marshall R2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 19:17
Well it sounds like you're in a great situation. As another CGSM fellow, I'm sure we'll cross paths at GBR. Best of luck with everything.

Manager
Manager
Schools: Stanford, Haas, Stern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2010, 05:41
Any waitlisted ppl (Stern) hear anything about admission or fellowship?
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg, Ross, Stern-withdrew, Fuqua

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2010, 06:41
theoutlawfades wrote:
Thank you! Not done yet. Waiting to see what package I get from Duke and what I hear from Columbia. Darden also offered me a scholarship outside the Consortium. I'm leaning Ross but until I have all the information, I'm gonna wait to decide.

I'm going to both Duke and Ross admit weekends. That could seal it or further complicate things. Only time will tell.

See you next weekend at Duke! I'm not sure yet if I'll be attending Ross' GBR.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2010, 08:31
I'm interviewing at Darden on Monday (I just got the invite a few days ago). Can anyone that interviewed there let me know what to expect?
Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged)   [#permalink] 19 Mar 2010, 08:31