Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 14:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: USMC
Schools: Darden '12
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 22

Re: Should I apply through the Consortium? [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2009, 10:40
great feed back! its appreciated.

is this considered the official CGSM thread? it seems as though there should be one, even though its a little late in the game. is there a way to one of the moderators can merge this thread with a brand new one with one those "Calling all... 2010" threads except one for CGSM folks?
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2012
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 213 [0], given: 111

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2009, 11:16
good idea... page updated.

GMAT Debrief

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2009, 21:59
Hey all,

I just had a pants pooping moment.

Are we have suppose to have done our interview already? Are we suppose to request the interview now, before we submit?

For some reason, I thought we could do it after we submit our applications, so it would coincide with (hopefully) the other interview schedules.
Current Student
Schools: Wharton Class of 2012 w/ fellowship
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 07:25
lakai777 wrote:
Hey all,

Are we have suppose to have done our interview already? Are we suppose to request the interview now, before we submit?

For some reason, I thought we could do it after we submit our applications, so it would coincide with (hopefully) the other interview schedules.

Yes and no, the priority date that the Consortium suggested interviews should be completed by is Dec. 20th. I do believe that they want the Consortium interview completed before submitting your application (which gives you until Jan 3rd - your interviewer needs to fill out a form which adds another day and places you right before the deadline). You may want to call them to see if people interview after the submission date and how long after, but my understanding is that they are all done before.

To be safe, if I were you, I'd start contacting alumni interviewers now. It took me a few contacts over the course of a couple of weeks to get an affirmative reply.

My story of an average chick who stumbled into the 700+ club
700-clubbers-add-your-name-to-the-list-64636-100.html#p600519
My 2009-2010 Application Decisions
2010-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-78475.html?view-post=600694#p600694

Current Student
Schools: Michigan - Ross Class of 2012
WE 1: Marketing within Financial Services

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 9

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 12:47
2012dreams wrote:
lakai777 wrote:
Hey all,

Yes and no, the priority date that the Consortium suggested interviews should be completed by is Dec. 20th. I do believe that they want the Consortium interview completed before submitting your application (which gives you until Jan 3rd - your interviewer needs to fill out a form which adds another day and places you right before the deadline). You may want to call them to see if people interview after the submission date and how long after, but my understanding is that they are all done before.

To be safe, if I were you, I'd start contacting alumni interviewers now. It took me a few contacts over the course of a couple of weeks to get an affirmative reply.

In addition to the Alumni interviewers, you can also interview at any of the Consortium schools, even if they don't have open interviewing procedures for their respective programs. I did my Consortium interview at Michigan. I see you're in SoCal and USC is on your short list, you might be able to schedule it with them too. Worth giving a call to their admissions office to inquire.

Detailed Profile with Interviews/Dings/Admits: Go Here

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 13:04
Just did. Now I've gone from stressing out over essays, to stressing out over essays AND an interview.

I didn't think I'd have to brush up on my HR skills until February. Got an interview at SC next week.

Wish me luck. Hopefully they won't look too cockeyed at me for not being a URM.
Current Student
Schools: Michigan - Ross Class of 2012
WE 1: Marketing within Financial Services

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 9

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 13:15
lakai777 wrote:
Just did. Now I've gone from stressing out over essays, to stressing out over essays AND an interview.

I didn't think I'd have to brush up on my HR skills until February. Got an interview at SC next week.

Wish me luck. Hopefully they won't look too cockeyed at me for not being a URM.

You have a solid and unique story, just be yourself. My Consortium interview was pretty straight forward with fairly generic questions they asked. Unless it's doubling as a school specific interview too, they need to make it school neutral so that everyone reviewing your application can get benefit from it. Good luck!

Detailed Profile with Interviews/Dings/Admits: Go Here

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2010, 00:11
hey folks,

anyone interested in core essay swapping? i'd really like another pair of eyeballs on these essays.
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2010, 07:55
submitted my application today!

2010-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-78475.html?view-post=600694#p600694

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2010, 07:59
web traffic at the site is making it impossible to get in.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Cornell, Haas, USC, Tepper
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 10

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2010, 09:05
Good luck to everyone. I think I am going to sit this year out even though everything is in but my essays. I realized I am not ready yet.
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2010, 09:35
AspiringSloanie wrote:
Good luck to everyone. I think I am going to sit this year out even though everything is in but my essays. I realized I am not ready yet.

takes a lot to admit that, but i'm sure you'll be better off next year when you feel fully prepared, especially with a 770 GMAT!

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2010, 09:52
2012dreams wrote:
AspiringSloanie wrote:

takes a lot to admit that, but i'm sure you'll be better off next year when you feel fully prepared, especially with a 770 GMAT!

Yes..I have like a 700 now but ...lol i actually want to win a fellowship from somewhere...i feel like a 700 isnt enough...and I need to research my programs more...there are even more opportunities than i realized...im starting to wish I applied to ML4T now...
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2010, 09:58
AspiringSloanie wrote:
2012dreams wrote:
AspiringSloanie wrote:

Yes..I have like a 700 now but ...lol i actually want to win a fellowship from somewhere...i feel like a 700 isnt enough...and I need to research my programs more...there are even more opportunities than i realized...im starting to wish I applied to ML4T now...

You'll be surprised what a 700 + strong leadership/community involvement gets you as a URM. And I know people with lesser GMAT's who got Consortium fellowships and fellowships from other schools.

As far as MLT, I say still apply or at least reach out to them. Explain your story that you were going to apply to school and have now reassessed. Ask if there is a way you can at least join the waitlist for the program. There are always people who don't accept their position in the program or they drop out. You may not get in, but at least you made contact.

Manager
Manager
Schools: Stanford, Haas, Stern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2010, 10:04
Hi Everyone,

I'm applying through the Consoritum in R2. I'm just making sure about the process. If they are interested each school will conduct an interview in addition to the consoritum interview...right?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg (R2-WL), Stanford (R2), Consortium: Wisconsin (R2), Ross (R2), & Darden (R2-WL)
WE 1: Non-Profit, Marketing
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2010, 10:27
mbaTime wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm applying through the Consoritum in R2. I'm just making sure about the process. If they are interested each school will conduct an interview in addition to the consoritum interview...right?

Thanks!

It depends on the school. I believe that many of the schools count the consortium interview as their own; however, there are some schools that require their own interview in addition to the consortium's.

I'm a R2 applicant as well.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2010, 10:29
2012dreams wrote:

As far as MLT, I say still apply or at least reach out to them. Explain your story that you were going to apply to school and have now reassessed. Ask if there is a way you can at least join the waitlist for the program. There are always people who don't accept their position in the program or they drop out. You may not get in, but at least you made contact.

This is probably true. I am just kind of lost I guess. I am coming from an academic research background in healthcare and I do not feel like I am communicating my accomplishments well enough. My GPA is underwhelming as well. I do have good work experience for my field and possible a publication if a journal accepts the article. I feel like my leadership is okay. I think I just really need some good coaching through this process to help me figure out the best way to maximize my background.
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2010, 10:49
AspiringSloanie wrote:
This is probably true. I am just kind of lost I guess. I am coming from an academic research background in healthcare and I do not feel like I am communicating my accomplishments well enough. My GPA is underwhelming as well. I do have good work experience for my field and possible a publication if a journal accepts the article. I feel like my leadership is okay. I think I just really need some good coaching through this process to help me figure out the best way to maximize my background.

well definitely hang around these boards and ask every question that comes to mind. also, spend the spring semester visiting schools and emailing students in every club you possibly think you have an interest in. if you're waiting a year, jump into an extracurricular now - tutor, mentor, serve food, write communication pieces for a non-profit that needs help, etc. also, if you get published, that will be icing on the cake!

to other consortium applicants, i read that the consortium does not share essay 1 & 2 with the schools, the schools only receive the answer to their supplementary questions. this works for schools that ask why them (i guess), but how on earth is ross supposed to make a valid judgment on me with only "what other career would you have" and "tell us about a difficult time" as the essays in which they learn about me? none of these essays offer room to share accomplishments, career goals (in depth), leadership, etc.

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2010, 10:50
mbaTime wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks!

i was under the impression its a one and done interview that should have already been done by now.
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2010, 10:51
lakai777 wrote:

i was under the impression its a one and done interview that should have already been done by now.

no, certain schools still want an individual interview. i know stern does and i believe ross does too.

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged)   [#permalink] 04 Jan 2010, 10:51