Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 09:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Retired Moderator
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2009, 06:53
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Edit: Added program info to first post. Please continue Consortium Fall 2010 discussion in this thread - shadowsjc

Edit: ROLL CALL PAGE UPDATED

The Consortium for Graduate Study in Management is the country’s preeminent organization for promoting diversity and inclusion in American business. Through an annual competition, The Consortium awards merit-based, full-tuition fellowships to America’s best and brightest candidates. In conjunction with our member schools, sponsoring companies, and our elite group of MBA students and alumni, The Consortium has built a forty year legacy of fostering inclusion and changing the ethnic and cultural face of American business.

Official site: http://www.cgsm.org

Related threads/links:

any-consortium-applicants-56951.html

Transcript of Consortium chat with CGSM and school adcoms: http://www.accepted.com/chat/transcript ... rtium.aspx

---

Approximate # of students who are accepted into the CGSM: 480
Approximate # of fellowship offers extended to CGSM members: 330

Quote:
Source: http://www.accepted.com/chat/transcript ... rtium.aspx

RebeccaDockeryCONSORTIUM (Nov 18, 2009 1:33:06 PM)
Lola: There are three steps in the decision process- Admission to the school, Membership in The Consortium, and Consortium fellowship. The number of people admitted and approved for membership are about the same (480), and 330 went on to receive the fellowship.

2009-2010 Deadlines:

R1: November 15 2009
R2: January 5 2010

--
Member Schools:

Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business
Applicants:

maxtor
seanyc

Cornell University, The Johnson School
Applicants:

ATCer
classof2012 (CGSM Fellowship recipient)
mbahopeful2010
MBAYear
orky56
ssantos78
What2Do15

Dartmouth College, Tuck School of Business
Applicants:

2012mbahopeful
alwaysmiling
ATCer
bschooler (CGSM Fellowship recipient)
classof2012
dli1981
HeresHoping
ibrokeit007
MBAYear
RonMexico
ssantos78

Emory University, Goizueta Business School
Applicants:

Case2010
maxtor
MBAbound10 (CGSM fellowship recipient)
nefertiti (CGSM fellowship recipient)
orky56
seanyc
ssantos78
undecided2012

Indiana University-Bloomington, Kelley School of Business
Applicants:

alwaysmiling
Case2010 (CGSM Fellowship recipient)
dli1981
EmElleDub
gravity1914
honeygirl (CGSM Fellowship recipient)
mbahopeful2010
niceguy22 (CGSM Fellowship recipient)
orky56
undecided2012
What2Do15

University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, Stephen M. Ross School of Business
Applicants:

2012dreams
alws (CGSM Fellowship recipient)
cannedmilkman (CGSM Fellowship recipient)
dli1981
drmang7 (CGSM Fellowship recipient)
EmElleDub
gravity1914
idcandy (CGSM Fellowship recipient)
JoeMahmah
jumpshot
maxtor
mbachallenge
mbahopeful2010
Mystik742
nefertiti
theoutlawfades
undecided2012
What2Do15 (CGSM Fellowship recipient)

New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business
Applicants:

2012dreams
2012mbahopeful
alwaysmiling
AspiringSloanie
bschooler
Case2010
classof2012
drmang7
giggles2411
HeresHoping
ibrokeit007
idcandy
JoeMahmah
Jupitr84
mbatime
Mystik742
onlyneed1
SCBooth
seanyc
ssantos78
theoutlawfades

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Kenan-Flagler Business School
Applicants:

undecided2012

University of Rochester, Simon Graduate School of Business

University of Southern California, Marshall School of Business
Applicants:

Case2010
JoeMahmah
Jupitr84
lakai777
seanyc
ssantos78
What2Do15

The University of Texas at Austin, McCombs School of Business
Applicants:

alwaysmiling
dli1981
gravity1914
jmoney
JoeMahmah
lakai777
maxtor
MBAbound10
nefertiti
RonMexico
TxTransPlant

University of Virginia, Darden School of Business
Applicants:

bschooler
ibrokeit007
Jupitr84
jumpshot
lakai777
MBAbound10
RonMexico
theoutlawfades
TxTransPlant

Washington University in St. Louis, Olin Business School
Applicants:

AspiringSloanie
Case2010
orky56
MBAbound10
What2Do15

University of Wisconsin-Madison, Wisconsin School of Business
Applicants:

gscougar (CGSM Fellowship recipient)
jumpshot
undecided2012

Yale University, Yale School of Management
Applicants:

2012mbahopeful
alwaysmiling
alws
ATCer
cannedmilkman
classof2012
drmang7
HeresHoping
ibrokeit007
JoeMahmah
jmoney
mbahopeful2010
MBAYear
SCBooth
shadowsjc
ssantos78
theoutlawfades
TxTransPlant
zippy10

---
I'm wondering whether applying through the Consortium is a good idea.

I'm somewhat confused on the review process -

Do adcoms treat these applications differently than the general pool?
Do adcoms read the core consortium essays (in addition to the school core essays) as part of its review process?
Should I go to the traditional application route?

For example, my consortium mission essay is not that strong, albeit some experience.

The mission of The Consortium is to enhance diversity in business education and leadership by helping to reduce the serious under representation of African Americans, Hispanic Americans and Native Americans in both our member schools' enrollments and the ranks of management. What have you done in your business, academic or personal life to demonstrate commitment to this mission? Please provide specific example of your involvement, actions and results.

Last edited by shadow on 26 Feb 2010, 09:49, edited 27 times in total.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
4 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: HBS R2, Stanford R2, Wharton R2, Columbia RD, Tuck R2, Darden R2, Texas R2
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 24 [4] , given: 25

Re: Should I apply through the Consortium? [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2009, 09:17
This post received
KUDOS
bigfernhead wrote:
I'm wondering whether applying through the Consortium is a good idea.

I'm somewhat confused on the review process -

Do adcoms treat these applications differently than the general pool?
Do adcoms read the core consortium essays (in addition to the school core essays) as part of its review process?
Should I go to the traditional application route?

For example, my consortium mission essay is not that strong, albeit some experience.

I personally asked this question to two senior ADCOM members from different Consortium schools last year at a conference. One of these individuals was very involved with Consortium “policy” and oversight. They were completely unambiguous with their response: apply through the Consortium. In as many words, they basically said it will help you get in. You will not suffer because you are doing a different essay - the benefits of applying to the CGSM far outweigh that. Scholarship aside, a legitimate CGSM application is a good thing and helps admission chances.

But what is a “legitimate” CGSM application?

I think everyone needs to be brutally honest here - the CGSM serves to rectify a pronounced statistical imbalance of traditional underrepresented minorities in B-school. We tread dangerous message-board waters whenever we bring up ethnicity and admissions in the same sentence, but the stated mission of the CGSM is to reduce the serious underrepresentation of African Americans, Hispanic Americans and Native Americans in both our member schools’ enrollments and the ranks of management.

Up until 2005, you couldn’t apply through the CGSM without being a member one of these three minority groups. Consortium policies were chanced to allow “other persons who can demonstrate a commitment to The Consortium’s mission and can best assist The Consortium in pursuing this mission”. A bit nebulous, but I think it is clear that if you are not Black, Hispanic or Native American, you better have a compelling and documented link to improving the welfare of these minority groups. The GGSM preamble says as much.

I have personally talked to people who thought that the CGSM was just something you apply through if you are “not white”, and then the conversation gets ugly – often on the account of the fact that the CGSM is not designed to in increase the representation of Asians, Indians, Pacific Islanders or other minorities. Thankfully, people here at GMATclub are intelligent and mature enough to hug it out, as Ari would say. I personally use this standard – if it were a “woman’s scholarship” that was also available to anyone who has shown commitment to the advancement of women in MBA programs and management, could I legitimately apply? Either you are a woman, or you have an indisputable connection to the issue, or better yet both. If it is at all questionable, I would do a traditional application.
2 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2012
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 215 [2] , given: 111

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Should I apply through the Consortium? [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2009, 08:13
This post received
KUDOS
lakai777 wrote:
2012dreams wrote:
can someone please post the recommendation questions? i opened an application but it does not show the questions - not very helpful if you want to put together a recommender packet ahead of time so recommenders know what to expect.

bump. i'd like to see this as well to give hard copies to my recommenders.

bump again. i'm specifically interested in the professional recommendations. my guy for the mission recommendation already completed it. he said there were only 2 questions for that one:

• How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
  • "What has the candidate done in business, personal, or their academic life to demonstrate commitment to reducing the serious underrepresentation of African-Americans, Hispanic Americans or Native Americans through the applicant's academic, or professional pursuits? What potential does the candidate demonstrate for assisting The Consortium in pursuing its mission? "

GMAT Debrief

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

2 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 194 [2] , given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 11:34
This post received
KUDOS
gravity1914 wrote:
shadowsjc wrote:
gravity1914 wrote:
It was pretty mean of the consortium to send an email from "Consortium admissions" just to advertise the mba tour....

when I saw the "from", my heart skipped a beat...

thanks for the false alarm :x

i didn't get that email. maybe they lost my email address :?

2012mbahopeful wrote:
Has anyone actually received their Yale log-in yet???

nope, nothing since their contact last week saying it the login info would be coming soon

between this email and the email from HBS today inviting me to prospective students day in march (which I already attended in the fall) I'm ready to lose it....

Got the same HBS email and got really excited until I realized I hadn't even applied to HBS.
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [2] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2010, 10:47
This post received
KUDOS
I got the call from Michigan and was offered the consortium fellowship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!! This is the happiest day ever!!!!!! :) 2 years of HARD work finally paid off..... I'M GOING TO BUSINESS SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Congrats to everyone who got in and to those that are waiting, don't lose hope!!!!!!!!!!!
2 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Ross Class of 2011
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 81 [2] , given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2010, 06:14
This post received
KUDOS
Wow I've been out of touch with this thread for too long. Thanks lakai777 for bringing me back. So there are a bunch of questions floating around here and hopefully you guys will have plenty of time at GBR to get a better understanding of The Consortium and what to expect at OP. For Ross students you'll be getting plenty of info, and possibly a mentor to help you prepare for OP.

So I'll try to break some of the questions down and answer them as quickly as possible (I'll be at the GBR brunch so we can talk in person).

"Question is, will there be a list of firms that will be there?"
Yes. Most firms will send in info to the CGSM with info on will they be attending, what disciplines are they hiring for and what specific positions they will be interviewing for. However some firms don't send in all their info so you won't know exactly what they will be recruiting for but you can look at the list of sponsors and talk to second years who interviewed with the companies the year before at OP. Some firms hire at OP, some use it as a first round interview, others use it as an informational or don't interview at all

If we are given offers, can we wait till later to accept? If not, and we accept immediately, will reneging the offer to accept a better one be in bad form?
Time frame depends on employer I had an offer that went all the way to the end of January. Reneging is generally considered very very bad - I wouldn't do it.

"Consider this scenario: Mck vs Booz"
First - there will not be any consulting offers at OP. If you are looking at doing consulting you'll mainly be using OP as a networking tool with future classmates and any firms you can get your foot in the door at but best case scenario is you get a close list spot on campus in late Jan or Feb. Many of us got offers in a more realistic scenario - which is maybe you want to do consulting but your backup is marketing, so you get a job at General Mills for marketing but aren't sure if you should accept or (roll the dice) try to get a first round interview with BCG. Conclusion = OP will vary by each students targeted career paths. (if you want to do marketing you'll probably accept an offer)

-Like I said I'll be around for GBR and will try to watch the thread for more OP questions.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Should I apply through the Consortium? [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2009, 01:19
This post received
KUDOS
Key Decisions

There are three key decisions that are made during The Consortium process:

1. Admission
Admission decisions are based on academic ability (GMAT, academic transcripts), professional potential (career essay, résumé, recommendations, and interview), and personal characteristics (all application components). Admission decisions are made solely by the admissions committees at the member schools. Admission decisions are communicated to applicants by the schools. All admission decisions are final.
2. Membership
All admitted candidates will be considered for membership in The Consortium. Members gain many benefits, including access to over 70 corporate partners, a mandatory Orientation Program (OP) prior to beginning their MBAs, and access to over 5,500 Consortium alumni across member schools.

It is important to note that being admitted to a member school does not automatically guarantee membership in The Consortium. Membership will be granted to those admitted applicants who demonstrate a commitment to The Consortium’s mission of helping reduce the serious underrepresentation of African Americans, Hispanic Americans and Native Americans in both our member schools’ enrollments and the ranks of management. If you are admitted and granted membership to one of our member school programs, you must enroll to enjoy the benefits of Consortium membership. Membership is not transferrable to non-Consortium schools.

Your admission to a particular school is not affected by the membership decision. Membership decisions are communicated by The Consortium. All membership decisions are final.

Individual schools may offer admitted applicants school-specific merit-based scholarships regardless of membership and fellowship decisions.

3. Fellowship (and School Rankings)
All Consortium members will be considered for the two-year fellowship covering tuition and required fees. Applicants who are admitted but not granted membership to The Consortium will not be considered for The Consortium Fellowship.

Your school ranking determines the order in which schools may consider you for The Fellowship. You are first considered for The Fellowship by your highest ranked school to which you were admitted. If that school does not choose to award you The Fellowship, the option passes to your next highest ranked school to which you were admitted and so on. While many Consortium schools may admit you, only one Consortium school may offer you The Fellowship. After your application is submitted to The Consortium, you cannot change your school ranking.

Fellowships are determined through a holistic review of the overall merit of the applicant. Fellowship decisions are made solely by the admissions and scholarship committees at each of the member schools. Fellowship decisions are communicated by The Consortium the third week in March; and additional details regarding your fellowship will follow from the school. All fellowship decisions are final. You will be required to accept or decline your fellowship offer by April 15.

Important notes regarding The Fellowship:

* You can only be awarded The Consortium Fellowship by one school.
* Your school ranking determines the order in which admitting schools have the option to award you The Consortium Fellowship.
* The Consortium provides funding for full-time MBA study at member schools only.
* Although some schools offer deferred admission, The Fellowship may not be deferred. If you defer your admission, you must reapply for The Fellowship.
* Consortium Fellowships are awarded for a course of study beginning in the fall only.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Wharton Class of 2012 w/ fellowship
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 56 [1] , given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Should I apply through the Consortium? [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2009, 09:44
This post received
KUDOS
Just got back. Overall, I don't want to set expectations for the tone of the interview since every alum interviewer is going to be different, but my interviewer was great. She did the run of the mill:

- walk me through your resume
- tell me about you community involvement
- career goal
- why MBA/why now
- what have you read
- what news are you following

The question that threw me for a loop was the "what makes you special/why should you be accepted/what will you offer" - I'm happy I had this question in the Consortium interview first and not at a school :oops:

She was very helpful, and since she works literally two blocks from me, she has offered to help me with interviewing, essays, and industry knowledge about my desired career. She shared a lot about her background, career choices (she was in a field I hope to go into), talked to me about my career interests, gave me pointers on how to answer certain questions better, and a quick critique of my resume. She was very friendly and, besides having to answer certain questions for formality's sake, casual in her approach.

I am definitely thankful for applying through the Consortium and having the opportunity to interview with them first as I know I tend to sometimes stumble in interviews; this was a great precursor to a school interview (as opposed to job interview) without the pressure.

My story of an average chick who stumbled into the 700+ club
700-clubbers-add-your-name-to-the-list-64636-100.html#p600519
My 2009-2010 Application Decisions
2010-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-78475.html?view-post=600694#p600694

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Michigan - Ross Class of 2012
WE 1: Marketing within Financial Services

Kudos [?]: 24 [1] , given: 9

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2009, 15:54
This post received
KUDOS
Hi all, I applied Consortium Round 1 on 11/15. Hopefully this info isn't too late to help those still planning to apply and need info for their recommenders. I applied to 4 schools (NYU, Yale, Michigan, Virginia) and have already interviewed with Michigan. I'm happy to chime in for any questions someone has. Onto the recommendation questions:

Professional Recommendation Questions (1000 characters per question, except question 1 I think)
1) How long have you known the applicant and under what circumstances?

2) Please discuss any strengths you think may enhance the candidate’s performance in graduate business
studies and in a management career.

3) What weaknesses do you think may affect the candidate’s performance in graduate business studies
and in a management career?

4) Please make any additional comments which you think will help in addressing the candidacy of the
applicant.

Using the qualities listed below, how would you rate the applicant in comparison with other candidates you have
known who have applied for graduate study in business/ management?
-Analytical Ability
-Maturity
-Ethics/ Integrity
-Leadership Potential
-Personality/ Ability to get along with others
-Writing Skills
-Oral Skills
-Creativity/ Imagination
-Self‐confidence
-Initiative/ motivation/ effort
-Job Performance
-OVERALL APPRAISAL

Detailed Profile with Interviews/Dings/Admits: Go Here

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2012
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 215 [1] , given: 111

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2010, 22:17
This post received
KUDOS
USC might have compiled all of its applications from R1 and R2 together, like YSOM did. I only just got a notification from YSOM this week, even though I applied in November.

However, I wouldn't leave it to chance. You should definitely call up USC tomorrow and ask about your app status. Specifically mention that you are a Consortium applicant, as the schools usually have a separate department or person handle the Consortium apps.

GMAT Debrief

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Michigan - Ross Class of 2012
WE 1: Marketing within Financial Services

Kudos [?]: 24 [1] , given: 9

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2010, 13:50
This post received
KUDOS
Just received my phone call from Ross, I'm in! Now just have to wait on the other schools and the fellowship decisions.

Posted from my mobile device Image

Detailed Profile with Interviews/Dings/Admits: Go Here

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: NYU Stern 2012

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 4

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2010, 12:10
This post received
KUDOS
mbaTime wrote:
seanyc wrote:
Thanks shadowsjc. For those still waiting for NYU, I just got an invite for an interview. There weren't too many options for dates but i'll be flying out next month for it. I kind of wish it was sooner.

Congrats!

Did you apply R1 or R2?

Thanks! I applied R1. I haven't heard anything from Emory or USC, but i'm in at Tepper.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Indiana Kelley/Class of 2012/Full tuition $$
WE 1: Healthcare/Biomedical Research
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2010, 15:40
This post received
KUDOS
I am in at Kelley! :-D

Dinged at Goizueta and Stern. Waiting on Olin. Anyone heard from Kelley or Olin?

Leadership is not really about telling people what to do — a strategy that doesn't always work. It's about creating an environment where people can speak up, where we can get into debates without becoming confrontational or negative. [It's] about getting people to bring all of themselves to the table." - DuPont CEO Ellen Kullman; Kellogg '83

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Indiana Kelley/Class of 2012/Full tuition $$
WE 1: Healthcare/Biomedical Research
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2010, 07:40
This post received
KUDOS
Just got a phone call that am IN at Olin!!!!

Tally(R1): In-Kelley, Olin :-D
Dinged-Goizueta, Stern :oops:
Waiting-Darden, Marshall :?:

R2: Booth, Kellogg, Fuqua

Leadership is not really about telling people what to do — a strategy that doesn't always work. It's about creating an environment where people can speak up, where we can get into debates without becoming confrontational or negative. [It's] about getting people to bring all of themselves to the table." - DuPont CEO Ellen Kullman; Kellogg '83

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2010, 11:16
This post received
KUDOS
mbaTime wrote:
So it seems like we should hear from Stern in the next couple of weeks about an interview. Especially if you live on the West Coast...

So it appears only R1s have heard anything on Stern interview invites. Has anyone heard a date for R2s? Consensus says first week of February.

Does anyone know how many people are invited to Stern's Diversity Day 2/20? Just trying to get an idea of numbers - how many people are at this event, how many people interview?

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 13

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2010, 14:51
This post received
KUDOS
lagomez wrote:
zippy10 wrote:
theoutlawfades wrote:
The schools do see your rankings unless they choose not to see it. So it's not unlikely that Tuck might prioritize their reviews/decisions based upon the ranking.

I know this information has already been posted on this thread somewhere, but does anyone else find this to be.......upsetting? I don't want to NOT get into a school just because I didn't rank them first or second! GAAAHHH! :(

This whole rankings thing, yeah, I don't know about that. However, not applying through the consortium hasn't been any better.

FYI - I took this from the Ross website

How are the Consortium rankings used by Ross?

The admissions process is blind to the rankings, and admissions committee members do not see the rankings while reading your application or conducting interviews. After admissions decisions have been made for R1 and R2, the committee uses the rankings in the fellowship award process.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2010, 07:03
This post received
KUDOS
giggles2411 wrote:
Yup, I'm serious. I had my interview with a member of the admissions committee. I asked her when I should here back and she said depends on where I ranked them. She then asked me where I ranked the school but before I could answer, she said don't worry about it because she would check when we got off the phone. It was a wonderful conversational interview, but that last bit through me off.

Last edited by classof2012 on 23 Feb 2010, 00:21, edited 1 time in total.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: USMC
Schools: Darden '12

Kudos [?]: 26 [1] , given: 22

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2010, 11:05
This post received
KUDOS
yeah i had that problem too. what i idid was just use the "i forgot my user info" or whatever they've got there for options. and eventually i got in.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2010, 11:13
This post received
KUDOS
Yes, I got the same thing. No new updates.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2010, 12:27
This post received
KUDOS
RonMexico wrote:
A question to my fellow Consortium applicants who applied to Texas.........

Recieved an email today notifying me of a "change" in my application status (somewhat unexpected on a Saturday). I was then asked to click on the application link and use my UT EID and password to check it; and therein lies the rub. I was never emailed either of these things.

Anyone else have this problem? Of course, I can wait in the MBA netherworld until Monday when the IT department opens, but if anyone has a solution, your next cocktail is on me.

i got that email a couple weeks ago. called mccombs to get my login info only to find out that consortium apps won't be updated on the online system.

i was told that consortium apps are being processed as paper apps. any updates, requests for add'l info or interviews will be communicated to us via email NOT their website. so if you log-in, it's highly unlikely that there will be any info.
Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged)   [#permalink] 13 Feb 2010, 12:27