Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 13:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Schools: HBS R2, Stanford R2, Wharton R2, Columbia RD, Tuck R2, Darden R2, Texas R2
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 25

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2009, 07:24
toomuchworkex wrote:
I plan to apply for the January Deadline. I am visiting Tuck next week for an applicant initiated Interview. Has anybody out here done these? What can be expected out of these sessions?

I did mine this past Summer with an ADCOM member - really quite straightforward. I highly recommend looking at the "interview guide" thread on this forum for an idea of likely questions. The questions are somewhat open-ended, so don't ramble..... but be yourself.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg (R2 Admit), Tuck (R1 Ding), Booth (R2 Ding), Wharton (R2 Interviewed) , HBS (R2), Stanford (R2), Yale SOM (R3 withdrew), Tepper (R3 withdrew)
WE 1: 5.5 yrs engineering
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2009, 19:53
Hi refurb,

Have you heard any specific stories of people hurting their candidacy through interaction with Tuck students? What are some "not so obvious" things to avoid?

Thanks!

refurb wrote:
MeowKat wrote:
A question for Refurb:

Do you think that, with slightly over two weeks until the decision date, it is too late in the cycle to email a couple of professors whose courses I'm interested in taking and/or follow up with the students I met? Obviously, it shouldn't hurt my candidacy, but is there any chance it could help?

Thanks!

Don't worry about it. Unless you make an INCREDIBLY positive impression on a student or a professor, it has no impact on your admissions decision. However, I should add that it doesn't take much of a negative impression to hurt you.

If you're genuinely interested in talking to students or professors go for it. Otherwise, don't worry about it.

RF
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2009, 10:26
no action here yet? Sloa, Kellogg, W , Chi all buzzing with news...
VP
VP
Schools: Tuck

Kudos [?]: 117 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2009, 12:10
machg400 wrote:
Hi refurb,

Have you heard any specific stories of people hurting their candidacy through interaction with Tuck students? What are some "not so obvious" things to avoid?

Thanks!

I need to tread lightly on this topic as I don't speak for the school.

But the answer to your question is "yes", I have heard of specific stories.

I would say there are no "not so obvious" things to avoid, every instance I've heard of involved actions that would be apparent to most anybody. Culture is important at any school but even more so at Tuck. If you make comments to Tuck students or anyone else at the school that make it obvious you will not fit in with the close-knit, supportive and team-oriented culture here, you will pretty much kill any chance of getting accepted.

Very simply: be nice!

RF

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2009, 04:57
Please add me to Round 1 roll call. Thanks!
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2009, 11:44
sc wrote:
Please add me to Round 1 roll call. Thanks!

Roll call Page updated.

thanks
Wg
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2009, 11:56
Pls add me to EA list
Current Student
Schools: Tuck 2012

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 09:05
Did everyone (EA) just get this email? I am sort of freaking out with one week to go.

Quote:
Dear MeowKat,

Thank you for your interest in the Tuck School of Business. Your admission decision will be available online at 5:00PM EST on December 18. Log on to your Tuck application and then click on the "Your application decision is now available online" link at the bottom of the page.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at tuck.admissions@dartmouth.edu.

Sincerely,
Tuck Admissions Team
Manager
Manager
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2012

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 09:08
MeowKat wrote:
Did everyone (EA) just get this email? I am sort of freaking out with one week to go.

Quote:
Dear MeowKat,

Thank you for your interest in the Tuck School of Business. Your admission decision will be available online at 5:00PM EST on December 18. Log on to your Tuck application and then click on the "Your application decision is now available online" link at the bottom of the page.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at tuck.admissions@dartmouth.edu.

Sincerely,
Tuck Admissions Team

I got the same email . . . it has unnerved me. This cannot be good. The whole "Thank you for your interest" thing does not sit well with me.

Please tell me that everyone in EA round received this . . .
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 09:12
I got the email. Really don't think its something to read into.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2012

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 09:14
csino wrote:
I got the email. Really don't think its something to read into.

Makes me feel better that a couple other people got this. It is probably just a generic email they send to everyone . . . or else we're all getting dinged! I'm keeping the faith . . .
Manager
Manager
Schools: McCombs School of Business

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 09:16
I got the same email...
Intern
Intern
Schools: tuck, haas

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 09:24
i also got the email....
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 09:53
Got this email too. As did 2 of my colleagues at work. All of us are EA applicants. So, I reckon it's a generic email.

Thump thump thump thump thump... goes my heart.

Fabricati diem.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 09:54
Same here. Hope that it is just a generic email.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 10:01
what time did all of you get the email?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 10:08
I too got THE email!!!

Please tell me that every EA applicant got this email!!

Is there any EA applicant who didn't get this email? that would be a BAD sign for all of us who got it!! :cry:

Refurb - Is this the normal process at Tuck? Did the admitted students get this email last time around?
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 11:35
zoro wrote:
I too got THE email!!!

Please tell me that every EA applicant got this email!!

Is there any EA applicant who didn't get this email? that would be a BAD sign for all of us who got it!! :cry:

Refurb - Is this the normal process at Tuck? Did the admitted students get this email last time around?

Gosh...!!! guys...relax..it's just a nice gesture from them letting us know EXACTLY what time to check your status page on what date, instead of going crazy looking at phones' blank screens or updating your status page every minute of the day. (Kellogg and Booth applicants will know what I'm referring to here).

Kudos to Tuck for taking such a systematic and methodical approach to this important process.
-wg
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 12:53
I'm an R1 applicant... I received an interview invite over phone with a 2Y student a few days ago...

Then it was changed to a in person interview... Date isn't scheduled yet.

Any tips to ace the interview?

Thanks
ak
VP
VP
Schools: Tuck

Kudos [?]: 117 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2009, 07:16
zoro wrote:

Everyone (including me) got that email last year.

It's just confirmation of how you will find out your decision.

However, pretty much everyone who gets in will get a call a day or two before Friday the 18th. I think last year a couple people didn't get a call and found out by logging in, but because so few people apply to the EA round, I think everyone will get a call.

Good luck guys!!!

RF

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants   [#permalink] 12 Dec 2009, 07:16