Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 01:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2010
Posts: 28
Location: Washington, DC
Schools: Tuck (accepted R2), HBS, Sloan (rejected R2), Darden
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2010, 13:57
Just joined gmat club, applied to Tuck Round 2
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2009
Posts: 36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2010, 15:51
Funny thing happened today... I was sitting at office... Some one called me on my VoIP and it happened to be a wrong number... later when i checked the caller id, it was a +1603 number...

If it were Feb 5 or that week, i can't imagine what my reaction would be :-D
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2010
Posts: 46
WE 1: Banking
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2010, 19:11
hey all..jus joined gmatclub...i am international applicant frm mumbai, india...submitted app in nov round on 11th Nov...rcd an i/v invite on 15th dec..completed telephonic i/v with 2nd yr student on 3rd jan..

my profile > 50 months work ex in banking (on matriculation), 720 (Q45, V42), 6 months intl work ex, avg undergrad gpa in commerce (not comparable on 4.0 scale), excellent extracurrics in undergrad - decent post undergrad

gl to all fellow applicants n hope to stay in touch throughout the process

Cheers!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 239
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 17

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2010, 10:22
I just logged into my application account and I see a new line Item:

Application Status: Completed on (Date and Time from last week)

-- What does this mean? I am assuming that the admission committee has completed review of my application...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2009
Posts: 36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2010, 10:51
agnok wrote:
I just logged into my application account and I see a new line Item:

Application Status: Completed on (Date and Time from last week)

-- What does this mean? I am assuming that the admission committee has completed review of my application...


I've been seeing that for a long time now.. ever since i submitted my application... i submitted my application for R1

@Agnok: are you an R2 applicant?

Thanks
ak
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 239
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 17

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2010, 11:04
activearun wrote:
[

I've been seeing that for a long time now.. ever since i submitted my application... i submitted my application for R1

@Agnok: are you an R2 applicant?

Thanks
ak


I submitted on Jan 5 and that line item was not existent... When I logged in last monday Jan 11 nothing was there.. today Jan 22 I saw that line item.. Hence I assume they use it for status updates.. Any one has more information?

Oh there is already a line item that shows Application status: submitted (date and Time)
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 20
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2010, 16:17
Applied to November round as well. I visited the campus and really loved it. Good luck to all of us!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Affiliations: CFA L3 Candidate
Joined: 13 Jan 2010
Posts: 25
Location: USA
Schools: Tuck Class of 2012
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2010, 17:36
agnok wrote:
activearun wrote:
[

I've been seeing that for a long time now.. ever since i submitted my application... i submitted my application for R1

@Agnok: are you an R2 applicant?

Thanks
ak


I submitted on Jan 5 and that line item was not existent... When I logged in last monday Jan 11 nothing was there.. today Jan 22 I saw that line item.. Hence I assume they use it for status updates.. Any one has more information?

Oh there is already a line item that shows Application status: submitted (date and Time)


Hi, I submitted mine on the 5th as well. My status changed to completed last week some time. I think it just means that your application has all of the necessary components to begin review. (I think this because below the "completed" status, the other components of the application are listed.)

I'm sure they haven't finished reviewing yet. I know Tuck and all other schools look very closely at every applicant. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2010
Posts: 28
Location: Washington, DC
Schools: Tuck (accepted R2), HBS, Sloan (rejected R2), Darden
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2010, 10:28
Was just poking around facebook and noticed the "Tuck Class of 2012" group has 110 members! Presumably those are all EA admits that will make up almost half the class, is that right? Or are there faculty and staff that are members of that group as well? Am I totally paranoid? Probably...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2009
Posts: 36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2010, 14:43
GordonBombay wrote:
Was just poking around facebook and noticed the "Tuck Class of 2012" group has 110 members! Presumably those are all EA admits that will make up almost half the class, is that right? Or are there faculty and staff that are members of that group as well? Am I totally paranoid? Probably...


GordonBombay, you only need one admit. Let there be 110 folks from EA round. Tuck offers around 240 spots in its class which leaves another 130 spots for us. You seem to have a strong profile. You've done your job so far to your best and therefore no point in getting paranoid over certain facts unless you could control that ... let's "peacefully" wait till the week of Feb 5.

<PS: Action: Select all from the text above, replace you by I. Message is the same for me as well).

Thanks
ak

Last edited by activearun on 24 Jan 2010, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Posts: 1323
Schools: Tuck
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 117 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2010, 18:25
GordonBombay wrote:
Was just poking around facebook and noticed the "Tuck Class of 2012" group has 110 members! Presumably those are all EA admits that will make up almost half the class, is that right? Or are there faculty and staff that are members of that group as well? Am I totally paranoid? Probably...


You are paranoid! The EA round is the smallest round of the four rounds. From what I've heard applications are down slightly this year.

Tuck has a yield of around 60%, so there will be around 400 people admitted this year. I would guess that maybe 75 or so people were admitted in EA. Still plenty of room for the second and third round. The fourth round is extremely difficult to get accepted in.

RF
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2010
Posts: 28
Location: Washington, DC
Schools: Tuck (accepted R2), HBS, Sloan (rejected R2), Darden
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2010, 06:24
Fair points.

I'm actually a January round applicant, so I've got a little bit longer to wait and a little bit more of a challenge to get in, statistically speaking.

Is anyone a member of that group on fbook? Is at all students or are faculty and staff part of it as well?

As they say, "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean I'm wrong."
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 24 Nov 2009
Posts: 29
Location: New York, NY
Schools: Tuck 2012
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2010, 07:12
GordonBombay wrote:
Is anyone a member of that group on fbook? Is at all students or are faculty and staff part of it as well?


I'm in the group. There are a few faculty members, but it's largely admits. That said, just because someone is in the group doesn't necessarily mean they will end up accepting Tuck's offer. Some may have turned it down but not left the group, and some may withdraw to accept spots in other schools' classes. I wouldn't worry too much about it at this point.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2010
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2010, 02:45
Received my interview invitation -R2!!!!! I am soooo happy!!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 19 Jan 2010
Posts: 117
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2010, 08:09
Quick question: Is it true that Tuck does not interview every applicant it admits (for applicants who did not self initiate an interview, that is)?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Oct 2009
Posts: 64
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2010, 08:50
Maca wrote:
Received my interview invitation -R2!!!!! I am soooo happy!!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D


hehe, me 2 :)

Just contact the fellow in the town, but no response yet. It looks like even you do not initiate interview, you still have chance. That is good.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 239
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 17

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2010, 10:32
hohoo wrote:
Maca wrote:
Received my interview invitation -R2!!!!! I am soooo happy!!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D


hehe, me 2 :)

Just contact the fellow in the town, but no response yet. It looks like even you do not initiate interview, you still have chance. That is good.


I am petty sure not everyone can make it to a self initiated interview... so that should not be a major deciding factor...

But for those who do go for a self initiated interview miss out on ever finding out if their application would have got them a tuck initiated interview..
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 24 Nov 2009
Posts: 29
Location: New York, NY
Schools: Tuck 2012
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2010, 10:40
agnok wrote:
But for those who do go for a self initiated interview miss out on ever finding out if their application would have got them a tuck initiated interview..


True, but if you don't go up for a self-initiated interview and you live within a reasonable range of the school, they may read your failure to interview on campus as a sign of lack of serious interest. Also, some people are better in person than on paper, so not taking the initiative could end up disadvantaging them.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 239
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 17

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2010, 11:35
MeowKat wrote:
agnok wrote:
But for those who do go for a self initiated interview miss out on ever finding out if their application would have got them a tuck initiated interview..


True, but if you don't go up for a self-initiated interview and you live within a reasonable range of the school, they may read your failure to interview on campus as a sign of lack of serious interest. Also, some people are better in person than on paper, so not taking the initiative could end up disadvantaging them.


Could not agree more with your perspective... The reason you cited has motivated many I know to drive up to NH for that interview..
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Posts: 1323
Schools: Tuck
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 117 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2010, 16:08
hohoo wrote:
Maca wrote:
Received my interview invitation -R2!!!!! I am soooo happy!!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D


hehe, me 2 :)

Just contact the fellow in the town, but no response yet. It looks like even you do not initiate interview, you still have chance. That is good.


Interviews have REALLY been ramping up lately. In my one class today we had something like 14 visiting prospective students! I'm actually surprised, I would have assumed the majority of interviews would have been done by now, but apparently not.

RF
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants   [#permalink] 27 Jan 2010, 16:08
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
364 Experts publish their posts in the topic Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants theK 1187 26 Jun 2012, 10:27
33 Experts publish their posts in the topic Tuck (Dartmouth) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants aerien 179 25 Dec 2012, 05:51
1 Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth Tuck WAITLISTERS plzplzplz 113 04 Feb 2011, 19:01
186 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants shalva 2121 22 Jun 2010, 08:49
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  32    Next  [ 638 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.