Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 20:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2009, 06:29
refurb wrote:
woncosmo wrote:
My only apprehension is that Tuck places a lot of importance on undergrad scores. Even during the chat last week, it was mentioned by a current student. I have low undergrad score, but was in the top 5 in my grad degree. Given the fact that Tuck admits only around 240 students each term, do you think I should still try applying for R1?

I had a low undergraduate GPA and a high graduate GPA and got in!

You'll never know if you don't try!

RF

Thanks for the optimistic reply refurb.

I have 720 GMAT (49Q, 39V) and have 7 years work ex. I am in a leadership role and have healthcare extra-curriculars.

Can I contact/pm you for some specific questions on the Tuck MBA essays?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Schools: Tuck
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 117 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2009, 12:14
woncosmo wrote:

Thanks for the optimistic reply refurb.

I have 720 GMAT (49Q, 39V) and have 7 years work ex. I am in a leadership role and have healthcare extra-curriculars.

Can I contact/pm you for some specific questions on the Tuck MBA essays?

Yup! Just PM me.

RF

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS, Sloan, Columbia, Stern, Tuck

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2009, 23:13
I am heading out to Tuck soon. I am excited to see the school and do the interview.

my gmat review:
gmat-review-770-q50-v44-86800.html

MBA charts:
http://mbacharts.appspot.com/

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2009, 09:45
There are no Tuck receptions scheduled in my city, Bangalore, India.

Since Tuck places a lot of importance on interviews, will it be a major cause for concern that I would not have been interviewed before submitting my app?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2009, 10:32
Did you try to schedule an off campus interview in bangalore?
Essentially the message tuck gave us when I went there was: interview or no interview, a strong application will get in, but if it's borderline, and 2 equally good apps, the one with the interview gets through.
Good luck
-wg

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
Schools: Tuck class of 2012
WE 1: 2 years market development (public)
WE 2: 5 years corporate finance (private)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2009, 21:58
Bump!
This topic was heading to the depths to the B-school apps forum! :P
As R1 deadline is closing by I wanted to know where you were in your applications?
For my part, I have just finished my final drafts of the essays (around 10 versions each to date) and submitted them to my friends for review.
One of my recommenders said he will finish by today, have no news from the second one (a "kind reminder" mail is already in the magazine and is just waiting that I push the trigger to send it)
The only other missing item is the English version of my transcripts (should receive them later this week).

bye
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2009, 17:13
Is anyone going up to attend the Tuck Diversity conference over this weekend? I sent in my Bio and details last week but haven't heard anything back from them, according to their deadlines, I should have received at least car pooling and student host information at this point...
Intern
Intern
Schools: dont know yet

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 25

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2009, 21:51
you guys are lucky, enjoy your time in Dartmouth Tuck.
VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2009, 06:11
parore26 wrote:
Is anyone going up to attend the Tuck Diversity conference over this weekend? I sent in my Bio and details last week but haven't heard anything back from them, according to their deadlines, I should have received at least car pooling and student host information at this point...

Yikes! Give them a call! It starts on Friday!

The Diversity Conference is a huge event at Tuck and this year promises to deliver. I've seen the line up of events and anyone who attends will have a blast.

RF

Current Student
Schools: Yale SOM '12
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2009, 19:26
Quick question for anyone who already submitted the Tuck application. Did you include part-time collegiate employment anywhere on the application? There is no special section for it, and I don't get the impression they want it in the standard employment section of the application.
Manager
Manager
Schools: McCombs School of Business

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2009, 20:57
adude wrote:
Quick question for anyone who already submitted the Tuck application. Did you include part-time collegiate employment anywhere on the application? There is no special section for it, and I don't get the impression they want it in the standard employment section of the application.

I didn't include any collegiate employment.

Only 6 more weeks until EA decisions start rolling out... :shock:
Current Student
Schools: Yale SOM '12
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2009, 03:35
goose wrote:

I didn't include any collegiate employment.

Only 6 more weeks until EA decisions start rolling out... :shock:

Thanks, I'm inclined to do the same. Good luck getting admitted!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2009, 22:45
i am hoping to obtain transcripts from adcom chat sessions, might anyone be able to tell me where I can locate these?

thanks,
Intern
Intern
Schools: dont know yet

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 25

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2009, 01:07
refurb,

So, refurb how do you like your time in tuck? if everything comes to play i plan to apply next year EA.
VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2009, 04:38
IllustratorBlu wrote:
refurb,

So, refurb how do you like your time in tuck? if everything comes to play i plan to apply next year EA.

I've been here a couple months so far and it has been incredible.

What I love is that I've had the chance to do a ton of things I would normally never get to do and that includes academically, socially and career-wise. And that's not including all the stuff I can't do because I don't have time.

The close-knit class is also a real plus. About 60% of the first years live in the dorms on campus and about 90% of the first years live within one mile of the school. It makes for a very cool dynamic. The campus really is the center of people's lives. There is always something going on.

RF

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2009, 11:38
I interviewed late last week, and walked away feeling indifferent. I don't think I harmed my chances but I also don't feel as though I nailed the interview. It lasted for 25 mins and we spent another 15 mins chatting about the school, so all together 40 mins total. I asked and my interviewer said that all went well (maybe she's trying to be polite who knows - here's the pessimistic side of me again) even though I felt that I stumbled a little through the resume question and even though I forgot to mentioned the collaborative nature of the program.
What is the weight of the interview? Is it possible to overcome a bad interview? It takes lot of work to get to Hanover, and I am literary tired after the class visit, lunch and q&a sessions, so I am not as fresh for my interview.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg (R2 Admit), Tuck (R1 Ding), Booth (R2 Ding), Wharton (R2 Interviewed) , HBS (R2), Stanford (R2), Yale SOM (R3 withdrew), Tepper (R3 withdrew)
WE 1: 5.5 yrs engineering

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2009, 23:30
My application for the Tuck November round is submitted and complete! 8-)

Anyone know when the earliest admits get sent out for this round? I assume some people will find out before the published decision date of 2/5/10...
VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2009, 04:34
machg400 wrote:
My application for the Tuck November round is submitted and complete! 8-)

Anyone know when the earliest admits get sent out for this round? I assume some people will find out before the published decision date of 2/5/10...

I applied in the November round last year and got a phone call the day before the decision date. If you look at a last year's thread, I think that's the earliest anyone found out.

RF

Current Student
Schools: Tuck class of 2012
WE 1: 2 years market development (public)
WE 2: 5 years corporate finance (private)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2009, 09:07
Application for round 1 submitted and complete! :P
Hope I will receive an interview invite...
Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Emory 2012

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2009, 14:30
Hey Guys,
I have a quick question. I am all ready to submit my application but my recommendations have not come in. One of my recommenders has been busy and would only get to it this weekend. Does this push me to the next round or does Tuck allow recommendations to come in a little after the deadline.

Thanks
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants   [#permalink] 10 Nov 2009, 14:30