Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 23:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2010, 07:26
MIT has me on tenterhooks... i had thought their would be more reports this morning but nothing so far...
if it is anything like RD 2 last year, then it should be over in 3 days from the first invite....(first interviews on 3rd and ding day on 6th)
if it is anything like rd 1 this year... then the invites could be staggered over 10 days...
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2010, 07:38
I guess that's good... If they were like HBS and had sent them all yesterday, then it would have been a done deal I guess.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Duke (Accepted + $), Tuck (Accepted), Wharton (WL), Haas (WL), Ross (Accepted), Yale (Accepted), Anderson (Accepted + $$$)
WE 1: 4.5 yrs management consulting at Top-tier firm and then at a life sciences boutique
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2010, 08:07
Add me to the rollcall for R2 MIT Sloan. I am in New Jersey. Does that count as NYC?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2010, 08:33
Could you please tell us the time/date you received the invite? Thanks!
Current Student
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2012
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 19

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2010, 08:37
AppsNuts wrote:
Could you please tell us the time/date you received the invite? Thanks!

Speculating based on what I've observed on these boards, they all go out within an hour. Again, speculating, they probably sent out 75+% of NYC invites yesterday between 4-5pm. Sorry. (I've been through it twice already with MIT. I know how it feels.)

Last edited by shana22 on 03 Mar 2010, 10:26, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 295

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2010, 10:24
EBSIFounder wrote:
I just spoke to MIT Admissions. They told me that yesterday was their first batch of invites to NYC. Since NY has a large applicant pool, she said invites will trickle out over the next 2 days ...

She also said some international invites were out ... But the next week or so NY / Boston / Chicago / CA will be out. There's still hope for the next 7-8 days I guess

Good to know! Looks like my prediction wasn't far off other than the timezone assumption regarding 3/11. I'm excited! :D
Manager
Manager
Schools: Duke , Darden , Tuck , Ross
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2010, 10:37
Any speculations on southeast (Georgia/Florida) interview invites for R2 applicants. I would assume that Atlanta is one of the hub cities.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Tuck (accepted R2), HBS, Sloan (rejected R2), Darden

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2010, 14:27
inTuna wrote:
Any speculations on southeast (Georgia/Florida) interview invites for R2 applicants. I would assume that Atlanta is one of the hub cities.

Second that. I'm in Washington, DC but was expecting that, if I got invited, I would go to Cambridge to interview. The other two schools I've interviewed at, Darden and Tuck, are mandatory on campus interviews I believe, so I don't have any experience with the "hub city" interview process.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Columbia, Stern, Darden, UNC, McCombs, MIT

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2010, 15:57
I got the news that I am dinged through my wife - she was a MIT grad (not Sloan) and had written a letter of support to Rod. She got a personal e-mail from Rod informing her of the bad news. He also mentioned that I will be officially notified this Friday.

Bummed but glad that I at least have one admit. Good luck to everyone else.
Current Student

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2010, 16:08
boogs wrote:
anandnesan wrote:
I got the news that I am dinged through my wife - she was a MIT grad (not Sloan) and had written a letter of support to Rod. She got a personal e-mail from Rod informing her of the bad news. He also mentioned that I will be officially notified this Friday.

Sorry to hear anandnesan. Perhaps that means ding day for R2 is Friday?

Ding day R2 last year was Friday some time between 5-7 pm. Ding/Deferral day R1 was a Friday around 5:30 pm or so.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2010, 16:30
So I guess, for us New Yorkers, if we haven't received an invite by now, most likely, we're getting dinged on Friday?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2010, 16:44
Does this mean if we don't receive an invitation by tomorrow, it's either a ding or WL on Friday? Fun. Did anyone receive an invite today? Any Canadians?
Current Student

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2010, 16:50
grandjete wrote:
Does this mean if we don't receive an invitation by tomorrow, it's either a ding or WL on Friday? Fun. Did anyone receive an invite today? Any Canadians?

No. Some people don't hear on the mid-decision day. I think all those people get invites, but I'm not positive.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2012

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2010, 16:55
shana22 wrote:
grandjete wrote:

No. Some people don't hear on the mid-decision day. I think all those people get invites, but I'm not positive.

WL will probably come after "ding day." I was deferred in R1 without interview and I learned about it after the "ding day."
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2010, 16:57
shana22 wrote:
grandjete wrote:
Does this mean if we don't receive an invitation by tomorrow, it's either a ding or WL on Friday? Fun. Did anyone receive an invite today?
Any Canadians?

phew... I don't know why, but for some reason I feel slightly relieved. I think I'm starting to get used to waiting and not hearing from these schools.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2010, 17:01
johnngalt wrote:
WL will probably come after "ding day." I was deferred in R1 without interview and I learned about it after the "ding day."

ah crap!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2010, 07:13
quantjock wrote:
anandnesan wrote:

yah. i got the news yesterday that i am dinged through a good friend of mine (Sloan grad) that wrote a letter of support to Rod as well. Rod did not mention a time, but said that all he could relay was that applications were extremely competitive this year (12 apps for 1 spot) and that truly only stanford would be comparable.

it was extremely disappointing considering that i felt my application essays were rock strong (i had two sloan graduates review them excessively and then send an LOS after submission, they were both really sure i would at least get an interview). plus i had been 2 for 2 for those schools where i had this opinion so it was also a bit disconcerting as it reminded me i have no offers from any school yet and despite interviews or what i think, its still a possibility i get dinged everywhere.

i do not mean to be dramatic for those of you who have not received invites from any schools, but for me it is still indeed a sobering thot. anyway. good luck to those who receive MIT interviews. youve earned it in a banner year. cheers

To those that have indirectly heard from Rod Garcia:

What is a letter of support? Do you mean a letter of recommendation or a supplemental/personal letter to Garcia? If it is the former, does every MIT alum who wrote a letter get such a response from Rod Garcia?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Tuck (accepted R2), HBS, Sloan (rejected R2), Darden

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2010, 07:23
Am I the only one that's a little shocked to hear that MIT releases admissions decisions to third parties before it notifies the applicant?

As if it's not bad enough to hear from the school you've been denied, but to hear it unofficially from a friend first would be terrible.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Duke R2, MIT R2, NCSU R2, Georgia Tech
WE 1: Technology Management - 5 years
WE 2: Supply Chain Management - 1 year

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 18

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2010, 07:25
knfevg wrote:
Any internationalls with an invite?

I applied from Mexico and still have not received an interview invitation.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2010, 08:27
Someone B-week posted of an interview invite for mid-west! :shock:

*goes back to the e-mail window, and stares at the screen...hoping to force an invite*
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants   [#permalink] 04 Mar 2010, 08:27