Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:04 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink]
Does anyone have a feeling for what percentage of interviewees receive offers to attend?
Intern
Intern
 Q46  V38
Send PM
Pook, this is from Yale's website

10. I just submitted an application for the first round. What are the next steps?
— Charlotte from Atlanta, Georgia

Once an applicant hits “Submit,” the application is processed by our system and prepared for review. When a file is complete (that is, all supplemental materials have been received and matched to the file), it’s sent out for review. Each file is reviewed independently by at least two members of the admissions committee. Most applications are then brought to the full admissions committee for a decision, although some are decided without full committee review. At any point during this process, an applicant can be invited to interview, which is a necessary step to being admitted to the program. We interview roughly 35-40% of our applicants and admit about the same percentage among those we interview. We notify applicants of their decision as soon as practicable, but at the very least by the posted decision notification deadline for the round (December 18 for this year’s first round).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jtk25 wrote:
Pook, this is from Yale's website

10. I just submitted an application for the first round. What are the next steps?
— Charlotte from Atlanta, Georgia

Once an applicant hits “Submit,” the application is processed by our system and prepared for review. When a file is complete (that is, all supplemental materials have been received and matched to the file), it’s sent out for review. Each file is reviewed independently by at least two members of the admissions committee. Most applications are then brought to the full admissions committee for a decision, although some are decided without full committee review. At any point during this process, an applicant can be invited to interview, which is a necessary step to being admitted to the program. We interview roughly 35-40% of our applicants and admit about the same percentage among those we interview. We notify applicants of their decision as soon as practicable, but at the very least by the posted decision notification deadline for the round (December 18 for this year’s first round).

Well thank you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 343 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Please put me in for R2
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
I'm giving up on waiting for a R1 invite.
:saw
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
its not over yet man. i'm waiting too. gotta keep the chin up.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Me neither - I'm hopeful - I am sure they haven't sent out all invites yet. With my luck, I am usually part of the last batch of invites always. No exception here.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools:Stern, SOM, CBS
Send PM
Lol. I have the same luck as you. Hopefully its the case of being picked last as oposed to not picked this time around as well.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Yale SOM
 Q48  V40
Send PM
got interview invite on Oct 19! will interview in November (for Silver Scholars)

For those still waiting, wish you all the best!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
Does Yale SOM require on campus interviews?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
asimov wrote:
Does Yale SOM require on campus interviews?

Depends on your situation. If you live in US, they really would like you to do on campus interview (I have not yet met anyone in my class from US who has not conducted on campus interview, but I would ask the adcom directly for your options), and if you live in US and won't even come to YSOM for interview, that might send a wrong message that you might not be serious about the application.

However, if you are an international student, I heard that they try to accommodate you, depending on your situation...phone interview or alumni interview. Again, ask the adcom for your options. Asking questions won't hurt your candidacy. :-D

UPDATE: I just asked the adcom for you. Although it is unusual for US applicants to request off site interview, if you have a valid reason, they will try to arrange off site interview for you even for US applicants.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: NYU Stern Class of 2012
 Q48  V48
GPA: 3.74
WE 1: GM, Diversified Financial Svcs.
WE 2: Sales & Trading
Send PM
Looks like Nink already took care of your question for you, but here's a quote directly from the interview invite email:

"If you are unable to interview in New Haven, please let us know by replying to this email message. If the Admissions Committee determines that an off-site interview is possible, we will let you know. "

Sounds like, as nink mentioned, it's possible but probably not viewed in the best light unless absolutely necessary...
Intern
Intern
Schools:Yale SOM Class of 2013
 Q42  V48
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
yea i've already asked for an off-site iv following nink's advice, and the adcom has found an alum in my area - they were very quick, too! i live pretty far outside the US btw, and going to NH would've taken a good 2-3 days out of my work sched
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Banking
Schools:Yale
 Q46  V41
Send PM
Interview Invitation [#permalink]
Hi!

I also applied to Yale SOM. Does anybody know how if applicants who do not receive an interview are notified as soon as their application has been reviewed and rejected? I am asking because I still did not get a interview invitation and my status has not been updated since the application deadline ended. Therefore, I am not sure if my application has already been reviewed and maybe was rejected or if it has not even been looked at, which would mean I still have a chance to get an interview invitation.
Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Banking
Schools:Yale
 Q46  V41
Send PM
Hi,

does anybody know if the status of the application changes after it has been reviewed no matter what the outcome is? I am asking because I have not yet received a interview invitation but I do not even know if my application has actually been reviewed already. If this has been the case already, I wonder if they tell you immediately that your application is no longer considered for admission.
Thanks
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
Re: Interview Invitation [#permalink]
Unless a school says otherwise, all decisions - acceptance, waitlist and denial - are all released on the same day. I'm not sure, but I don't think Yale releases any decisions early.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools:Stern, SOM, CBS
Send PM
Last year I got the rejection on the decision date. My application status has not changed from submission till that date.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  46