Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:10 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink]
Hi.. i was just going through the first page.. None of the applicants who applied in the first round have got dinged till now. Its either interview call or they are waiting for a decision. It seems like they don't send rejections till the deadline... i am an undergraduate in Medicine and surgery and will be a doctor in a months time..
Nink.. any words of comfort..?? please
SVP
SVP
 Q44  V50
Send PM
sgGmat wrote:
Hi.. i was just going through the first page.. None of the applicants who applied in the first round have got dinged till now. Its either interview call or they are waiting for a decision. It seems like they don't send rejections till the deadline... i am an undergraduate in Medicine and surgery and will be a doctor in a months time..
Nink.. any words of comfort..?? please

I wouldn't write anyone off until Thanksgiving break for receiving an interview invite and waitlists and dings only go out on the decision date while admits go out gradually until the decision date.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you Nink.. i was reading the last years blog's and was extremely happy to see the developments made by you.
You are really helpful to a lot of people. A question for u ...
1. Do you have any statistics about the silver scholar program because i am not able to find any of them anywhere except for the fact that 6-10 get selected each year.
2. Does a non-profit background add to your application ?? Because , there were two guys from you forum last year who were from non-profit and they got dinged...
SVP
SVP
 Q44  V50
Send PM
sgGmat wrote:
Thank you Nink.. i was reading the last years blog's and was extremely happy to see the developments made by you.
You are really helpful to a lot of people. A question for u ...
1. Do you have any statistics about the silver scholar program because i am not able to find any of them anywhere except for the fact that 6-10 get selected each year.
2. Does a non-profit background add to your application ?? Because , there were two guys from you forum last year who were from non-profit and they got dinged...

I don't think they disclose Silver Scholar profile separately. Once they are admitted, their stats get rolled up into the rest of the class every year. But I am little confused about your 2nd part of the question. Silver Scholars program is for College Seniors only. It's a program that was created in order to attract talented college seniors who would usually apply to law school or med school. One of the many reasons why bschools are trending towards younger applicants is because many top college seniors end up going to law or med school and bschools want access to this pool of applicants as well. Admission standards are probably similar to law school admissions process for Silver Scholars, rather than typical bschool admissions process for experienced professionals. Therefore, I am not sure what you mean by if non-profit background would add to one's background. :?:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Yale, Michigan, Cornell $$, Duke
 Q45  V46
Send PM
Nink,

My campus visit / interview is coming up! On the evening I am spending near campus, I'd like to get a preview of life in New Haven for YSOM students, are there any particular YSOM hangouts?

Thanks!
SVP
SVP
 Q44  V50
Send PM
orgninja wrote:
My campus visit / interview is coming up! On the evening I am spending near campus, I'd like to get a preview of life in New Haven for YSOM students, are there any particular YSOM hangouts?

During your campus visit, you will probably get a current student assigned for some one-on-one time. Depending the day, there's probably something planned. Ask him or her for details for specific happy hours or nightlife activity planned that day so you can come and check it out yourself.

One of the most popular bars include Gryphon's Pub and it is located on campus. (very cool gothic building) It's open Mon to Sat from 8pm to little after midnight. There's a $15 membership fee annually that qualifies you for discounts and other benefits. The pub features pool tables, a big screen TV, several lounges, and nightly drink specials.

One of the coolest things about YSOM is that after finals week, YSOM treats us to free pizza and beer. (among other things) We party up in New Haven, and some of us even schedule an extended/unplanned celebratory trip to NYC that is not completely good for your physical and mental health..... :( (It also tells me I am getting old....can't do it like I used to.... :cry: )

But regardless....if you are headed to any decent bschool, your social calendar will be filled with craziness that you will soon end up suffering from FEAR OF MISSING OUT.....and yet, you always have crap load of school work.... :cry:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Schools:Yale, Michigan, Cornell $$, Duke
 Q45  V46
Send PM
nink wrote:
orgninja wrote:

During your campus visit, you will probably get a current student assigned for some one-on-one time. Depending the day, there's probably something planned. Ask him or her for details for specific happy hours or nightlife activity planned that day so you can come and check it out yourself.

One of the most popular bars include Gryphon's Pub and it is located on campus. (very cool gothic building) It's open Mon to Sat from 8pm to little after midnight. There's a $15 membership fee annually that qualifies you for discounts and other benefits. The pub features pool tables, a big screen TV, several lounges, and nightly drink specials.

One of the coolest things about YSOM is that after finals week, YSOM treats us to free pizza and beer. (among other things) We party up in New Haven, and some of us even schedule an extended/unplanned celebratory trip to NYC that is not completely good for your physical and mental health..... :( (It also tells me I am getting old....can't do it like I used to.... :cry: )

But regardless....if you are headed to any decent bschool, your social calendar will be filled with craziness that you will soon end up suffering from FEAR OF MISSING OUT.....and yet, you always have crap load of school work.... :cry:

Thanks for the info! My interview/visit is on Monday, but my evening to explore New Haven is Sunday night. Perhaps, the worst night to find YSOMers out on the town, but I am still looking forward to checking out some places solo, particularly Modern.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: GM / Strategy
Schools:Yale SOM '12
Send PM
nink wrote:
I wouldn't write anyone off until Thanksgiving break for receiving an interview invite and waitlists and dings only go out on the decision date while admits go out gradually until the decision date.

Bruce DelMonico mentioned during the post-interview Q&A last week that since there is less time between the R1 application deadline and the notification date this year, Yale may not release any admit decisions until the notification date. It will be kind of obvious which way they decided to go once someone gets an admit, but until then I don't think there's anything to worry about for people who already interviewed.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nink.. thank you for your reply.
I am a college senior and i have already applied in R1.. i am running my own NGO in my hometown.. i was asking about that.. its been 3 years since i am associated with non-profit work, all throughout my undergrad.. my question was regarding that... i heard somewhere that yale has an inclination for ppl who have done something for the society.. so my question was regarding that..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just got the interview invite!!! Now to figure out travel plans. Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
so quiet these days,,,

anyone get admitted? waiting is really hard.....

good luck everyone! :oops:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
 Q50  V34
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: 5 years
Send PM
GradBoy wrote:
Just got the interview invite!!! Now to figure out travel plans. Good luck everyone!

Hi GradBoy,

just a quick question. The yale online application format is little different from other school's "app.applyyourself"

Where in the online status for Yale were you able to see the interview invite. It will help me to concentrate on that area of the page

Thanks
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
hope this is the week the rest of the R1 invites go out. no more agonizing wait games :x
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Reeve015 wrote:
GradBoy wrote:

Hi GradBoy,

just a quick question. The yale online application format is little different from other school's "app.applyyourself"

Where in the online status for Yale were you able to see the interview invite. It will help me to concentrate on that area of the page

Thanks

I got an email from them and also the link will start appearing to schedule it when you login to view your application status.
SVP
SVP
 Q44  V50
Send PM
sgGmat wrote:
Nink.. thank you for your reply.
I am a college senior and i have already applied in R1.. i am running my own NGO in my hometown.. i was asking about that.. its been 3 years since i am associated with non-profit work, all throughout my undergrad.. my question was regarding that... i heard somewhere that yale has an inclination for ppl who have done something for the society.. so my question was regarding that..

Your non-profit experience will be probably considered as part of your extra-curricular, not work experience. Every bschool is looking for applicants who have done or wants to do something for the society. In fact, every student at YSOM has done something different and unique in their own ways. I don't think it matters little whether you had any profit or non-profit work. What matters is how you are passionate about what you have done and what you plan to do in the future.
SVP
SVP
 Q44  V50
Send PM
GradBoy wrote:

Congrats! :woohoo
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:LBS R1 admit
Send PM
Anyone know will the app status be changed after interview was done?
now it's still 'Interview Requested', should there be something like 'Interview Completed'?
my interview was done for more than a week.
Thanks!

my profile: 750/3.0/WE IT consulting 3years
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  46