Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 May 2015, 08:28

Today:

Free Access to GMAT Club Tests - May 25th for Memorial Day!!

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 23 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2010, 07:55
This post received
KUDOS
madeinafrica wrote:
Just submitted for R2 one minute ago...

But My appp reads "awaiting" for GMAT, TOEFL, etc...
DO I have to send official scores before i'm admitted?

've just got confirmation from adcoms. they will not begin to review your application until they have received official scores sent directly to them. So send them asap! I am also stuck with my TOEFL now. Hope ETS will deliver it on time. Hik.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Darden, Duke, Booth, Texas, Georgetown

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2010, 15:03
This post received
KUDOS
The website says:

Invitations to interview are sent via email throughout the round in which you apply. Although we try to extend invitations as early as possible, they may be extended as late as the admissions decision deadline. The timing of your interview invitation has no bearing on the outcome of your application.

I hope that is right.. I have been waiting for 2 months now!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
WE 1: 5- hr

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2010, 07:14
This post received
KUDOS
madeinafrica wrote:
cheryl3007 wrote:
've just got confirmation from adcoms. they will not begin to review your application until they have received official scores sent directly to them. So send them asap! I am also stuck with my TOEFL now. Hope ETS will deliver it on time. Hik.

Does this means that you were able to apply without an official toefl score?
I sent my toefl and gmat score today. I had less than 100 on toefl, don't know if they will consier my app anyway.
By the way, is MIT sloan the only MBA that does not require toefl? (as long as you can score more than 35 on verbal part of gmat)

Well, I guess so. you self report your scores during the online application- I ordered my scores for them on 6th Jan, they have received my gmat official score but my status says they are still waiting for toefl score.
as for other schools- I think you should check each of them separately because some does not ask for toefl if you attended a college where english is the medium of instruction. hope this helps
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2012
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Followers: 40

Kudos [?]: 219 [1] , given: 113

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2010, 09:51
This post received
KUDOS
thescientist wrote:
I just want to give you a status update! I applied to Yale R2 and received an interview invite this morning. I submitted my application on January 4 and my last recommender submitted her recommendation on January 6. I live an LA and have gone to Yale to visit. I'm slightly grumbling about Yale's request for applicants to go to campus for the interview. Part of me wants to ask them let me interview with someone local. I'll probably end up making the trek to New Haven, though. All the best to all R2 applicants!

hi - you should read thru nink's post here: calling-all-fall-2010-yale-som-applicants-80450-380.html#p666069

i'd imagine if you've already visited the campus before, they might be more lenient in the on-campus interview policy. this is just my guess though

GMAT Debrief

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2012
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Followers: 40

Kudos [?]: 219 [1] , given: 113

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2010, 20:11
This post received
KUDOS
here is a thread that talks about some of the differences between BW and this site: why-is-everyone-here-so-nice-83818.html

to sum up though, BW is an unmoderated forum. people get into petty arguments about school rankings, jobs, dubai.. pretty much anything. no one is there to steer discussions in the right direction, or to delete blatantly racist, sexist or otherwise unnecessary posts.

i feel that here on GC, we do a good job of weeding out trolls, and also invite and encourage open dialog about b-school applications and b-school life.

as far as information, i would take any information you read on the web with a grain of salt - regardless of whether it comes from GC, BW, or anywhere. most of us here are either students or applicants. we try and post factual information when we have it, and other times give opinions based on our observations. i think one of the flaws with BW is that opinion is oftentimes (i'd go as far as saying "regularly") passed on as fact, whereas here we tend to differentiate the two.

i'd invite you to continue browsing through gmatclub and contribute whenever you can. good luck on all of your apps

GMAT Debrief

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Haas (R1) HBS (R2) Yale SOM (R2) Tuck (R2)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2010, 13:27
This post received
KUDOS
Just got through my class visit and interview today and thought i'd share my experience on the interview. As others have noted it was with a 2nd year student and it was very conversational. We started with some small talk then went through my resume. My interviewer seemed genuinely interested in my current job as software engineer working on unmanned spy planes so we spent a good bit of time on that topic. He asked about my leadership. Then he asked where I pictured myself 5 and 10 years out. Then he asked if I had anything else that I would like the admissions committee to know about me. then we talked about why yale som is such a great school. By then time was up. All in interview lasted 35 min and I thought it went well. There were definitely no hard questions it was very low pressure. Now just have to sit back and wait till decision day.... I asked if they were planning on releasing decisions before the final decision date but I got the we might release some early but don't count on it reply.

Posted from my mobile device Image
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 4

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2010, 09:40
This post received
KUDOS
Wanted to share my interview experience on campus last week, it was very pleasant, I had visited the school earlier this month, so just went straight for the interview after a lunch with student tour guides and other applicants. Interviewed with a second year student in my field (not sure if the assignment was on purpose), very conversational, walking through the resume starting from high school to college to each internship to my current job, to my career goals and how it relates to SOM. He said we had up to 45 minutes, the last 15 min for questions.

Good luck to everyone!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Michigan - Ross Class of 2012
WE 1: Marketing within Financial Services

Kudos [?]: 24 [1] , given: 9

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2010, 05:07
This post received
KUDOS
chmny3 wrote:
JoeMahmah wrote:
I applied through the Consortium, so did not require an additional interview. Thank for the kinds words!

if you don't mind me asking, i see that you also applied to Stern (via Consortium?) Since fellowship decisions are supposed to be released by next Friday, does that mean you expect to get final decisions on other Consortium schools by then?

My best friend is applying via the consortium and we are both confused by the final decision dates..I am not a consortium applicant but have already done my R2 interview for Yale and Stern and I don't expect to hear back for several weeks. My friend, on the other hand, has not yet been invited... I'm wondering if that means she won't get in =( Or if that just means she probably won't get the fellowship to either of those schools..

I'll jump in since I'm also a Consortium applicant. Most likely, it means that Yale and Stern are not going to offer the fellowship (could've been for several reasons). But they might have still liked her enough to wait on making a decision depending on the yield of their fellowship offers (mid-March). Since the time frame to accept the fellowship is early April, they both could still throw out the acceptance/invite before their respective deadlines.

For Yale at least, if you were dinged outright, you should've heard yesterday. Hope this helps and is somewhere close to being accurate for your friends sake.

Which reminds me...For the roll call, Dinged for Yale on 2/26. :-)

Detailed Profile with Interviews/Dings/Admits: Go Here

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Yale, Michigan, Cornell $$, Duke

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2010, 09:58
This post received
KUDOS
Congrats. My understanding is that it's Bulldog Days, April 23-24.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 08:44
This post received
KUDOS
I had my interview today via Skype.

I think my call went very well. I spoke with an assistant director in the admissisons for 40 mins in a video call. He started with asking why I chose my undergrad, asked about my work experience and why an mba (and why now). All these questions are quite basic and something everybody should be prepared for in a call like this. In the latter part of the call he asked more direct about why Yale and what my plans are after graduation. In the end he asked if I wanted to tell him anything that he had not asked about and I asked before we concluded if there was anything in my understanding of Yale and what I wanted to get out of a Yale SOM MBA that was incorrect or misunderstood.

The call was very friendly and he was very happy with my knowledge of the school. He said that he was very happy with this and would advocate on my behalf for the committee - they might always say this but it felt right....

I kind of would be surprised if I would get a ding after this - but that might be based on the good weather today and how generally happy I am these days :)

Best of luck to all of you!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg (R2 Admit), Tuck (R1 Ding), Booth (R2 Ding), Wharton (R2 Interviewed) , HBS (R2), Stanford (R2), Yale SOM (R3 withdrew), Tepper (R3 withdrew)
WE 1: 5.5 yrs engineering

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 4

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2010, 18:10
This post received
KUDOS
Sahana, there are several possible reasons why someone could be admitted to a "top 5" school such as Kellogg and dinged from a "top 15" (maybe top 10?) school such as Yale SOM....

1.) Great fit at the higher ranked school & poor fit at the lower ranked school.
2.) Too many applicants with your profile already admitted to such a small class at the lower ranked school. You listed Social Enterprise as your concentration. I'll bet that Yale, which is great for non-profits, received many applications from people with that particular background. As far as I know it has the smallest class out of all top 15 schools.
3.) Far superior performance on the essays and the interview for the higher ranked school. (I'm pretty sure this is why I was admitted to Kellogg and dinged at Tuck :) )

I actually applied to Yale in R3 but withdrew after learning of my Kellogg admit.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: SOM Round 2 (interview); Hass Round 2 (interview); GSB

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2010, 07:52
This post received
KUDOS
I just got a call - I'm in! Good luck to everyone!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: HBS, MIT, Kellogg, Chicago, Wharton, Yale
WE 1: IB

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2010, 08:18
This post received
KUDOS
Just got a call, I'm in too!!

Ivy/2 yr IB, interviewed with and rejected by all the other schools, realized I applied too early, but very happy about Yale :-D
Best luck to all.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Columbia (accepted), Haas (rejected w/ interview), Kellogg (rejected), Stanford (R1 waitlist), Tuck (accepted), Yale (accepted)

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2010, 08:30
This post received
KUDOS
Just got the call as well! Congrats to those of you that have heard, and good luck to the rest!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2010, 08:47
This post received
KUDOS
I'm in as well.

They called my office actually......I was not expecting it and after She said she is from Yale SOM.. i thought she was going to request additional material from me, since it is not april 2nd yet. But it's a YES :)

anyways, it's so nice not to have to wait for April 2nd. Good luck everyone else.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2012
WE 1: 1.5 years in Banking/Capital Markets
WE 2: ~1 year in financial services/risk mgmt
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2010, 08:48
This post received
KUDOS
Got an email (she said she had called before but I didn't see a missed call). She didn't mention any scholarship info though. Are we supposed to find that out later?
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2010, 08:50
This post received
KUDOS
Just got the call too! I'm in and definitely going!!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2010, 08:52
This post received
KUDOS
I got the news by email today that I have been admitted to the Yale SOM class of 2012!

choices choices....
Yale (without $$$?) or Kellogg with $$$

Any thoughts?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2010, 09:10
This post received
KUDOS
I'm in too!!!! I'm very excited, as I really liked Yale!

Also no word on scholarships/aid, which is unfortunate, as I have to make a decision about another school in the next couple of days.

Best of luck to everyone else!
1 KUDOS received
SVP
SVP
Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Followers: 75

Kudos [?]: 702 [1] , given: 548

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2010, 10:04
This post received
KUDOS
Congrats to all the admits! :woohoo :wave :circle :band :beer

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants   [#permalink] 30 Mar 2010, 10:04

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  46    Next  [ 914 posts ]