Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 01:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 05 Mar 2008
Posts: 1477
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 193 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2009, 13:44
axat wrote:
Is anyone else (apart from me) still hanging onto the last few strands of hope?

Also, I need a clarification. Is it possible that YaleSOM waitlists an international candidate without interviewing?


I believe I have heard of a waitlist without interview..but don't quote me
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 22 Jul 2009
Posts: 24
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 09:58
Another update: My application page, now has an uploaded 'proof' version of my application. Did anyone else see this?

Hating Yale.
_________________

Fabricati diem.

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Posts: 100
Schools: NYU-R1 wait-list w/iv , Wharton-R2 (summer-waitlist; fall2010), INSEAD R2 (jan'11), CBS fall 2011 ED
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 10:11
axat wrote:
Another update: My application page, now has an uploaded 'proof' version of my application. Did anyone else see this?


Yup, I see it too. I guess this means the wait is over and we are out (either WL or out). Could also be a software update, who knows...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 10:21
i see it as well.

hm2009, why do you say this means WL or out?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Oct 2009
Posts: 19
Schools: Yale (Round 1), Ross (Round 1), Tuck (EA), MIT (Round 1)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 10:30
jtk25 wrote:
i see it as well.

hm2009, why do you say this means WL or out?


I think it's an automatic update. Doesn't really mean anything.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 10:41
i thought it was automatic as well..just wondering if there was some information i was missing...
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Posts: 100
Schools: NYU-R1 wait-list w/iv , Wharton-R2 (summer-waitlist; fall2010), INSEAD R2 (jan'11), CBS fall 2011 ED
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 11:05
jtk25 wrote:
i thought it was automatic as well..just wondering if there was some information i was missing...


An automatic update a week before d-day is hardly a coincidence. Anyway, I have already moved on to R2 apps but to me this seems like one of those clean-up-after activities that they'd do when they are wrapping up R1 apps. Just a thought, don't kill the messenger :)

The fat lady isn't singing but she sure is humming in my ears and I ain't gonna wait for her to break into an aria. R2 apps people!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Oct 2009
Posts: 97
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 11:37
jtk25 wrote:
i see it as well.

hm2009, why do you say this means WL or out?


I'm still curious to know why hm2009 thinks this would mean WL or out. It seems pretty benign to me.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Posts: 100
Schools: NYU-R1 wait-list w/iv , Wharton-R2 (summer-waitlist; fall2010), INSEAD R2 (jan'11), CBS fall 2011 ED
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 11:52
Pook wrote:
jtk25 wrote:
i see it as well.

hm2009, why do you say this means WL or out?


I'm still curious to know why hm2009 thinks this would mean WL or out. It seems pretty benign to me.


Mostly because there are only three outcomes: out, WL, invite. If you've been invited, none of this matters.. sorry, shouldn't have used the confusion-creating statement. I guess this is a commentary on how on-edge everyone is vis-a-vis Yale. It was my weakest (and first) application but I was still expecting an interview. Now that I don't think I'll get one (unless I am WListed w/o interview), I have had to rethink my R2 strategy and essays. Anyone else having doubts about how realistic their goals are? How bad the GPA or GMAT "really" is? Etc etc?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Oct 2009
Posts: 97
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 12:28
hm2009 wrote:
Pook wrote:
jtk25 wrote:
i see it as well.

hm2009, why do you say this means WL or out?


I'm still curious to know why hm2009 thinks this would mean WL or out. It seems pretty benign to me.


Mostly because there are only three outcomes: out, WL, invite. If you've been invited, none of this matters.. sorry, shouldn't have used the confusion-creating statement. I guess this is a commentary on how on-edge everyone is vis-a-vis Yale. It was my weakest (and first) application but I was still expecting an interview. Now that I don't think I'll get one (unless I am WListed w/o interview), I have had to rethink my R2 strategy and essays. Anyone else having doubts about how realistic their goals are? How bad the GPA or GMAT "really" is? Etc etc?


I'm definitely having doubts. I got dinged from Kellogg and haven't gotten invites from Berkeley or UCLA, so my confidence is rattled. Adding to that, I had a crappy Wharton interview with a guy who seemed like he would rather have been anywhere but interviewing me. In fact, the only positive experience I've really had thus far was my Yale interview with Bruce, though I don't want to jinx myself by prattling on about how I think it went well.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Posts: 100
Schools: NYU-R1 wait-list w/iv , Wharton-R2 (summer-waitlist; fall2010), INSEAD R2 (jan'11), CBS fall 2011 ED
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 12:48
Pook wrote:
I'm definitely having doubts. I got dinged from Kellogg and haven't gotten invites from Berkeley or UCLA, so my confidence is rattled. Adding to that, I had a crappy Wharton interview with a guy who seemed like he would rather have been anywhere but interviewing me. In fact, the only positive experience I've really had thus far was my Yale interview with Bruce, though I don't want to jinx myself by prattling on about how I think it went well.


If you are getting invited to interview at so many places, I believe your story is in good shape and your presentation is solid. You may be screwing up the interviews (or are passed over for better interviewees). I am awaiting my first interview call so I am not even sure what is screwing my case: gpa/gmat/profile/race/essays. Trust me, this is far worse because I don't even know if my story is straight or if my goals are "out there."
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Oct 2009
Posts: 97
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 12:51
hm2009 wrote:
Pook wrote:
I'm definitely having doubts. I got dinged from Kellogg and haven't gotten invites from Berkeley or UCLA, so my confidence is rattled. Adding to that, I had a crappy Wharton interview with a guy who seemed like he would rather have been anywhere but interviewing me. In fact, the only positive experience I've really had thus far was my Yale interview with Bruce, though I don't want to jinx myself by prattling on about how I think it went well.


If you are getting invited to interview at so many places, I believe your story is in good shape and your presentation is solid. You may be screwing up the interviews (or are passed over for better interviewees). I am awaiting my first interview call so I am not even sure what is screwing my case: gpa/gmat/profile/race/essays. Trust me, this is far worse because I don't even know if my story is straight or if my goals are "out there."


Yeah, that makes sense. I can see how you're in a very frustrating position and, while it's probably thin comfort coming from a random guy on a message board, I feel for ya.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2009
Posts: 36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 14:01
hm2009 wrote:
Pook wrote:
Trust me, this is far worse because I don't even know if my story is straight or if my goals are "out there."



Looks like I'm not the only one!

Apped for Yale R1... No interview invite yet. Dinged by Kellogg.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 73
Schools: Darden, Duke, Booth, Texas, Georgetown
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 18:30
activearun wrote:
hm2009 wrote:
Pook wrote:
Trust me, this is far worse because I don't even know if my story is straight or if my goals are "out there."



Looks like I'm not the only one!

Apped for Yale R1... No interview invite yet. Dinged by Kellogg.


Do you mind sharing your profile?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2009
Posts: 36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 18:35
Indian/Male/25/Engineer(Top 10 Univ in India)/IT-Consulting(Emerging markets)/720/Currently living in Argentina

Has anyone from Argentina area received any interview calls yet?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 22 Jul 2009
Posts: 24
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2009, 11:05
Sigh.
_________________

Fabricati diem.

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 29 Jul 2009
Posts: 169
Location: Indiana
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2009, 06:39
i'm still holding out hope. michelle vitali seemed nice when i talked to her last. not to mention that the student connection i had was one of my best ones.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Oct 2009
Posts: 97
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2009, 07:15
So do we know how Yale lets us know on Friday? Is there a set time that announcements go out? Are all accepted students called or is everyone notified online?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 22 Jul 2009
Posts: 24
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2009, 08:37
If only YSOM was organised enough to send all applicants a mail stating the time...

Pook wrote:
So do we know how Yale lets us know on Friday? Is there a set time that announcements go out? Are all accepted students called or is everyone notified online?

_________________

Fabricati diem.

VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 05 Mar 2008
Posts: 1477
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 193 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2009, 10:05
axat wrote:
If only YSOM was organised enough to send all applicants a mail stating the time...

Pook wrote:
So do we know how Yale lets us know on Friday? Is there a set time that announcements go out? Are all accepted students called or is everyone notified online?


Ding letters go out at the same time (end of the day) and typically accepted students are called throughout the day and sent an email

from what I've heard
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants   [#permalink] 16 Dec 2009, 10:05
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
13 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants Dbalks 159 13 Dec 2012, 16:57
286 Experts publish their posts in the topic Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants aerien 1287 06 Jul 2012, 18:10
268 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants Richaarora22 2001 10 Jun 2010, 10:30
6 Calling all Yale SOM 2009 Applicants! IHateTheGMAT 421 20 Jul 2008, 21:45
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  46    Next  [ 914 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.