Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 10:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
SVP
SVP
Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Followers: 73

Kudos [?]: 688 [0], given: 548

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2010, 17:07
ROLL CALL PG UPDATED

Congrats to new admits and new interview invitees.

Good luck to everyone else currently waiting for admits or interview invites.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
Schools: USC Marshall School of Business
WE 1: Software Consulting
WE 2: Government / Healthcare
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 26

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2010, 06:39
I apologize if this was asked, as I couldn't find this in the previous threads.
I was waitlisted after R1, and was wondering whether Yale SOM reviews the waitlist on a rolling basis, or if they're going to wait until after R3 before revisiting the waitlisted folks. In essence, could I expect a call to come at R2 or R3 notification, or should I be waiting until after R3 to hear anything substantive?

Something about Kudos or other... if you like then upvote away.

SVP
SVP

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2010, 07:23
CyberC1 wrote:
I apologize if this was asked, as I couldn't find this in the previous threads.
I was waitlisted after R1, and was wondering whether Yale SOM reviews the waitlist on a rolling basis, or if they're going to wait until after R3 before revisiting the waitlisted folks. In essence, could I expect a call to come at R2 or R3 notification, or should I be waiting until after R3 to hear anything substantive?

If you were interviewed and WL'ed after R1, there could be an action around R2 notification date. Basically, your app will be compared against other R2 applicants. All of the scenarios mentioned yourself can happen. It really depends on the qualify of the applicants in R2, R3 and people on the WL. (plus yield rate from admitted student pool)

Current Student
Schools: USC Marshall School of Business
WE 1: Software Consulting
WE 2: Government / Healthcare
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 26

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2010, 07:29
Thanks for the reply. Stress after every round then. :). I appreciate the information!

please add me to the roll-call.. i was wait-listed after R1.

There's really nothing to do but update the adcom with major changes eh?

Something about Kudos or other... if you like then upvote away.

Intern
Intern
Schools: Columbia Business School '13
WE 1: Public Accounting (big firm)
WE 2: Public Accounting (small firm)
WE 3: Internet Startup
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2010, 13:37
Does anyone know if they're planning on releasing decisions before April 2? I interviewed in January and was wondering if I should expect to have to wait until the final day? Seems like a long time.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2010, 13:45
I also interviewed in January, and they said they would release some acceptances towards the end of Feb. I think it will be after Feb 25th which I believe is the due date Round 1 deposits
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2010, 10:39
Hey All!

How do you know that your Yale application is under review? Did they send you an email?

Thanks
VP
VP
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 201 [0], given: 31

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2010, 10:42
sara0009 wrote:
Hey All!

How do you know that your Yale application is under review? Did they send you an email?

Thanks

One really doesn't know.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2010, 12:09
Does anyone know what percentage of interviewed are accepted, historically?
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2012
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Followers: 39

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 113

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2010, 12:25
ounce wrote:
Does anyone know what percentage of interviewed are accepted, historically?

From businessweek (http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/ra ... /yale.html):

29% of all applicants interviewed
18% of all applicants admitted

so roughly 62% of those interviewed were accepted

GMAT Debrief

Manager
Manager
WE 1: insurance
WE 2: IT

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2010, 13:14
Anyone has thoughts on when will Yake have closed interview invite pipeline ? Or do you think it's already closed?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
Affiliations: ?
Schools: Kellogg; Ross ($$); Tuck
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2010, 15:51
itsmystery wrote:
Anyone has thoughts on when will Yake have closed interview invite pipeline ? Or do you think it's already closed?

Already closed?? I hope no because they received my toefl score only yesterday... and now every box is checked on my app.

Nink, any idea as when they will stop sending invites?
VP
VP

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2010, 16:34
madeinafrica wrote:
itsmystery wrote:

Already closed?? I hope no because they received my toefl score only yesterday... and now every box is checked on my app.

Nink, any idea as when they will stop sending invites?

They can send them up to decision date. I know of people who received an invite on the day of or the day before decision day.
SVP
SVP

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2010, 20:28
It's little too early to give up. Round 2 decisions are not supposed to be due until April 2 2010 (for non-Consortium people I think), if I remember correctly. It's only 3rd week of February. there's plenty of time for them to send out invites.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2010, 11:24
April 2 is the correct date. it's just sooo far away for those of us who interviewed in late jan/early feb.. this really is the worst phase of the application process as you are in limbo till the date. everyone at work knows you are going to leave if you get in and there's nothing more you can do to influence your application.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2010, 12:43
for R1, they didn't release the ding until the decision date for people they hadn't interviewed / didn't want to interview.

i wouldn't put it past them to do that again across the rounds. glad i have gmail where incessant e-mail refresh gets people stressed.
VP
VP

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2010, 12:51
niraja wrote:
for R1, they didn't release the ding until the decision date for people they hadn't interviewed / didn't want to interview.

i wouldn't put it past them to do that again across the rounds. glad i have gmail where incessant e-mail refresh gets people stressed.

I say some decisions get released after the R1 deposit deadline. Not the majority, but some.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2010, 10:20
I think those who applied thru the consortium will get decisions in late Feb. Conventional applicants like me won't know until late March i think :-(. The wait sucks.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2010, 09:06
I have not received an invite. Truthfully, is it getting late? My experience with the other schools was that no news was a bad sign. I either got an interview immediately or simply got dinged without one. 3.9 from Ivy, 720 GMAT, artistic background in the visual arts and music. Every school says they want diversity and that they accept students with a lack of traditional work experience. But I have leadership, I have extracurrics and all the bells and whistles there, and the response has only been lukewarm overall. Is it lack of quantitative preparation? I don't get it, though - if they really do want opera singers and writers and fashion designers and hardcore athletes (as some of these programs claim they do) - some of the best of those people don't have extensive quantitative experience, just from the nature of their field. And how are these people any less qualified than the rest? Career switching is a valid reason to get an MBA. I would think that outstanding people from another field would have a particularly strong case for getting an MBA. Of all people, they would need the training in finance, economics, accounting, etc. I don't believe in complaining. I'm just trying to better understand the process.

So truthfully, is it getting late for Yale? And is there an order to the interview invites?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2010, 09:42
It's not too late...they are still extending invites. I spoke to an adcom member and according to him interview invites go out in batches, and they will go out throughout the application round. Applying to a top b-school is a crapshoot sometimes.....you do your best to prepare a solid application, and that's all you can do.....get your GMAT up, write solid essays and get good reccs. If you are competitive, it's then down to the "holistic" aspect of the application process. A diverse class is a very subjective concept.

I interviewed last week. It was a good experience. I definitely showed my love for the school. My interviewer was hard to read, and I didn't get the feeling that I wowed him but I didn't screw it up, so it was good.....just don't know how good, that's all :). Anyone here knows the evaluation criteria as contained on the interviewer's report?
I applied close to the R2 deadline, received an invite on 1/13 ish and interviewed last week. And I am thankful to have received an early interview invite.

I so wanna go to Yale....and it will a long 4 weeks ahead for me
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants   [#permalink] 22 Feb 2010, 09:42