Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Sep 2014, 18:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 18 Oct 2009
Posts: 51
Schools: Yale, Michigan, Cornell $$, Duke
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2010, 18:25
samurai wrote:
I am an international applicant and have got admit top-10 school.
But I am looking for non-profit after grad and love Yale SOM.

I have not heard anything from SOM after submit. Does this mean game-over? :oops:


From the sound of it and from a ninja to a samurai, many others received bad news on Friday. If you applied Round 2 and have not heard anything yet, you are still in the game.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Mar 2010
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2010, 20:16
Thanks Ninja,

I do not know why they haven't make a decision yet.

Are there anyone waiting interview invite?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Mar 2010
Posts: 16
Schools: Yale, Cornell.
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2010, 10:33
zumany wrote:
i know its way too early but I applied for Round 3 (submitted March 4th) and don't know what to expect over the next few weeks .... anyone else do Round 3?


I applied round 3 on Feb 28th. Haven't heard anything yet, and I suspect that a lack of interview invitation by early April would be a bad sign. Not too hopeful though, given mediocre undergrad grades and I think Yale's acceptance rate drops drastically in the 3rd round. M 28 / GMAT 730 / 3 Years WE in derivatives sales trading / GPA 3.1 undergrad, 3.45 law school.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Mar 2010
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2010, 12:51
MBAapp81 wrote:
zumany wrote:
i know its way too early but I applied for Round 3 (submitted March 4th) and don't know what to expect over the next few weeks .... anyone else do Round 3?


I applied round 3 on Feb 28th. Haven't heard anything yet, and I suspect that a lack of interview invitation by early April would be a bad sign. Not too hopeful though, given mediocre undergrad grades and I think Yale's acceptance rate drops drastically in the 3rd round. M 28 / GMAT 730 / 3 Years WE in derivatives sales trading / GPA 3.1 undergrad, 3.45 law school.




....well you did better than me in undergrad and law school so if you're not hopeful, im screwed ... I have some pretty significant work experience so we'll see ... just out of curiosity .... what undergrad and law school ... good luck.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Mar 2010
Posts: 16
Schools: Yale, Cornell.
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2010, 17:03
zumany wrote:
MBAapp81 wrote:
zumany wrote:
i know its way too early but I applied for Round 3 (submitted March 4th) and don't know what to expect over the next few weeks .... anyone else do Round 3?


I applied round 3 on Feb 28th. Haven't heard anything yet, and I suspect that a lack of interview invitation by early April would be a bad sign. Not too hopeful though, given mediocre undergrad grades and I think Yale's acceptance rate drops drastically in the 3rd round. M 28 / GMAT 730 / 3 Years WE in derivatives sales trading / GPA 3.1 undergrad, 3.45 law school.




....well you did better than me in undergrad and law school so if you're not hopeful, im screwed ... I have some pretty significant work experience so we'll see ... just out of curiosity .... what undergrad and law school ... good luck.


Sorry, that may have sounded a little too pessimistic. 3rd round rates are low in part due to the rolling admissions but also because the applicant pool is typically less credentialed. If you have a good story, which significant work experience usually entails, you have a good shot. I went to Skidmore and am finishing Brooklyn Law now. Best of luck, here's hoping there are bunch of available spots remaining.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 11 Dec 2009
Posts: 61
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 06:26
For the record: denied without interview last week (sorry, forgot to update my status earlier).
Strange results this year. No interview at Yale, interviewed at Duke, Ross and Booth; waitlisted at Booth; in with some $ at Duke; in with some pretty hefty $$$ at Ross. Talk about predictability :)
Best of luck to all.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 24 Mar 2010
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 13:41
Hi - I'm new to the forum, but I applied R2, was interviewed on 2/1, and am still awaiting a decision. Thanks :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Mar 2010
Posts: 8
Schools: SOM Round 2 (interview); Hass Round 2 (interview); GSB
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 14:07
Me too. I've been reading but haven't yet contributed. I applied R2, was interviewed 1/28, and haven't heard a peep since.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Nov 2009
Posts: 9
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2010, 10:54
Me Three (interviewed in mid Feb and haven't heard anything). Although, my status does finally says that I completed my interview.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 10 Nov 2008
Posts: 178
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2010, 11:48
only a couple of weeks more now. been a long wait for quite a few since the initial interviews in early feb / late jan.
any expectation of more results being released tomorrow? I was surprised that they released dings before the deadline but not admits. that seemed odd.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Oct 2009
Posts: 97
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2010, 12:05
Nobody from the waitlist has heard anything, right?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Mar 2010
Posts: 2
Schools: Booth, Kellogg, Sloan, Yale SOM
WE 1: 5 years Government
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2010, 12:11
No... still nothing here. I interviewed Feb 15. Checking this blog incessantly, so I figured I'd throw my hat in the ring.
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Status: Burning mid-night oil....daily
Joined: 07 Nov 2008
Posts: 2400
Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Followers: 72

Kudos [?]: 688 [0], given: 548

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2010, 12:33
One way or another, April 2nd is approaching and all your anxieties and etc will be over soon enough.

I understand that it's a frustrating process (been there done that and was in your shoes this time last year) but pretty much every applicant at every bschool faces what you guys are facing right now. But adcoms are not doing this on purpose to you. They have no reason to. Who knows why some people hear back sooner than others. The lack of any pattern over the years suggests that it is that much more difficult to decide the applicants in the "admit" pool from the rest of the pool. It's not simply person A is an automatic admit and person B is an automatic ding because of his or her GMAT score or work experience. Bschool application process is much more than a typical law school or med school application process. Big part of that mystery is because the adcoms must somehow identify and measure the potential and other intangibles in every applicant. After all, they want future leaders and provide solid foundation to help you get there.

I want to wish the best of luck to all of you guys who are still waiting, and I wish you guys the best with all your other applications.

_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 26
Location: Washington, DC
Schools: Duke R1 (Admitted w/$$), Yale SOM - R2 (Admitted), HBS - R2 (Ding), Berkeley Haas - R3 (WL)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2010, 13:08
Thank you for those words CEO. It's a good reminder that this anxiety is all part of the process :)

I did want to aks you if you heard of your acceptance prior to the decision date. The other school I was accepted to requires the deposit by April 5th which is cutting it close to the April 2nd SOM notification date. I'm putting it off as long as I can because I really don't want to lose $1500, but I also don't want to risk going nowhere next year.

I think my plan is overnight FedEx if I don't get accepted to Yale...but putting my faith in their hands does not make me very comfortable. Just curious if you had any advice!
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Status: Burning mid-night oil....daily
Joined: 07 Nov 2008
Posts: 2400
Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Followers: 72

Kudos [?]: 688 [0], given: 548

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2010, 13:31
LetMeIn2012 wrote:
I did want to aks you if you heard of your acceptance prior to the decision date. The other school I was accepted to requires the deposit by April 5th which is cutting it close to the April 2nd SOM notification date. I'm putting it off as long as I can because I really don't want to lose $1500, but I also don't want to risk going nowhere next year.

I think my plan is overnight FedEx if I don't get accepted to Yale...but putting my faith in their hands does not make me very comfortable. Just curious if you had any advice!


Last year was different from this year, in terms of deadlines. Last year, the R1 notification date was around 2nd or 3rd week of January. This year, I think it was in December. I did get my acceptance few weeks before R1 notification date last year.

Looking at the info that you provided under your avatar, I am assuming that other school is Duke. Duke is an awesome program. Congratulations on your acceptance.

My advice is:

1) Check if Duke's admissions office is open on Apr 5th. It's Monday but it can be part of the Easter holiday weekend.

2) In many states, in general, the acceptance is on dispatch - meaning that even if you mail that check out on Apr 5th, and they don't receive it until after this date, it should be okay. However, there's a recent change in ruling regards to acceptance in mail and it got complicated. (also there is the issue of Easter holiday weekend)

Call Duke's admissions office (email would be better since you will have a proof in writing) and ask if you can mail in the check on Apr 5th and if that constitutes as an acceptance on your part (to their offer of admissions). If they say yes on the phone, ask them to email you this response for your record.

In case they do say that this is okay, then barring any complication from easter holiday schedule (post office closing etc), you can mail out that check on Apr 5th.

P.S. - I've never tried this myself. But legally, it sounds about right. Again, let us know if this worked. Good luck! :-D


_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Mar 2010
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2010, 16:01
If feasible for you...I would suggest that you go and get a hotel room outside Duke campus on April 2nd. And have your cell phone/iphone/bb/laptop ready. Once you know the result...run to the admission office, or a pub 8-)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 26
Location: Washington, DC
Schools: Duke R1 (Admitted w/$$), Yale SOM - R2 (Admitted), HBS - R2 (Ding), Berkeley Haas - R3 (WL)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2010, 04:37
Haha, I love BOTH of those ideas. Thank you both, you're putting my mind at ease that I have options aside from losing $1500. :)
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 18 Oct 2009
Posts: 51
Schools: Yale, Michigan, Cornell $$, Duke
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2010, 14:52
nink wrote:
LetMeIn2012 wrote:
I did want to aks you if you heard of your acceptance prior to the decision date. The other school I was accepted to requires the deposit by April 5th which is cutting it close to the April 2nd SOM notification date. I'm putting it off as long as I can because I really don't want to lose $1500, but I also don't want to risk going nowhere next year.

I think my plan is overnight FedEx if I don't get accepted to Yale...but putting my faith in their hands does not make me very comfortable. Just curious if you had any advice!


Last year was different from this year, in terms of deadlines. Last year, the R1 notification date was around 2nd or 3rd week of January. This year, I think it was in December. I did get my acceptance few weeks before R1 notification date last year.

Looking at the info that you provided under your avatar, I am assuming that other school is Duke. Duke is an awesome program. Congratulations on your acceptance.

My advice is:

1) Check if Duke's admissions office is open on Apr 5th. It's Monday but it can be part of the Easter holiday weekend.

2) In many states, in general, the acceptance is on dispatch - meaning that even if you mail that check out on Apr 5th, and they don't receive it until after this date, it should be okay. However, there's a recent change in ruling regards to acceptance in mail and it got complicated. (also there is the issue of Easter holiday weekend)

Call Duke's admissions office (email would be better since you will have a proof in writing) and ask if you can mail in the check on Apr 5th and if that constitutes as an acceptance on your part (to their offer of admissions). If they say yes on the phone, ask them to email you this response for your record.

In case they do say that this is okay, then barring any complication from easter holiday schedule (post office closing etc), you can mail out that check on Apr 5th.

P.S. - I've never tried this myself. But legally, it sounds about right. Again, let us know if this worked. Good luck! :-D



Nink -- I just learned all students are issued a laptop?!? I'm sure I end up paying for it somehow, but still... nice. What was your class issued (and the class previous)?
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Status: Burning mid-night oil....daily
Joined: 07 Nov 2008
Posts: 2400
Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Followers: 72

Kudos [?]: 688 [0], given: 548

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2010, 15:40
orgninja wrote:
Nink -- I just learned all students are issued a laptop?!? I'm sure I end up paying for it somehow, but still... nice. What was your class issued (and the class previous)?


We received Dell Latitude E6400, preconfigured with our Yale SOM image. Specs: 3GB Memory, 160GB Harddrive, web camera, bluetooth, etc.

Technically, it's free but it isn't since the cost of the laptop is already embedded in our tuition.
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
avatar
Status: Current Student
Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Posts: 441
Schools: USC Marshall School of Business
WE 1: Software Consulting
WE 2: Government / Healthcare
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 26

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2010, 18:26
Pook:

I have been waitlisted since R1 and haven't heard anything.


The Yale laptops are spiffy... I really like the image they have on the cover.
_________________

Something about Kudos or other... if you like then upvote away.

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants   [#permalink] 28 Mar 2010, 18:26
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
13 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants Dbalks 159 13 Dec 2012, 16:57
286 Experts publish their posts in the topic Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants aerien 1287 06 Jul 2012, 18:10
268 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants Richaarora22 2001 10 Jun 2010, 10:30
7 Calling all Yale SOM 2009 Applicants! IHateTheGMAT 422 20 Jul 2008, 21:45
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  35   36   37   38   39   40   41  ...  46    Next  [ 914 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.