Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 19:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2010
Posts: 68
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2010, 20:07
mohater wrote:
This is fairly humorous:

Quote:
In some cases where a Consortium applicant has interviewed elsewhere, we may be in touch with you for an in-person interview or telephone follow-up discussion. These invitations will be going out shortly. You should interpret this interview invitation as a positive sign. If you are NOT contacted for a Darden interview, it means that we have all the information we need to help us make an admissions decision. Admission decisions will post with Darden's Round 1 decisions, January 12.


Interview = positive sign
No interview = we know you suck :)


Got an invite today from Darden.

About Ross - because I am waiting for their's too - I haven't heard anything. I responded to Jon Fuller (who sent the email saying thanks for the app blah blah) and asked him about the details - he said it takes their office awhile to process them and invites may be going out as late as the end of January! But he did say they hope to have them finished by mid January, if there is no delay in processing...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2010
Posts: 6
Location: Afrique
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2010, 05:20
sexonthebeach150 wrote:

About Ross - because I am waiting for their's too - I haven't heard anything. I responded to Jon Fuller (who sent the email saying thanks for the app blah blah) and asked him about the details - he said it takes their office awhile to process them and invites may be going out as late as the end of January! But he did say they hope to have them finished by mid January, if there is no delay in processing...


I received word from Michigan on Monday that the interview day has been oushed to February. It was in response to an inquiry, and he didn't provide any additional details.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Dec 2010
Posts: 2
Schools: Stanford, Tuck, Johnson, Haas, Yale SOM, Anderson
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2010, 16:24
We should start a roll call of who is applying where.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Status: Yeah well whatever.
Joined: 18 Sep 2009
Posts: 347
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V39
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.49
WE: Analyst (Insurance)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 17

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2010, 14:09
Nikita2011 wrote:
We should start a roll call of who is applying where.


Doesn't gmatclub say where we're applying to the left of our posts by our names?
_________________

He that is in me > he that is in the world. - source 1 John 4:4

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 09 Oct 2009
Posts: 88
Schools: Ross(IN–full$)
WE 1: Investment Bank
WE 2: Company in NYC
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 8

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2010, 16:58
Got into tepper...now I'm waitin on the rest...they gave me scholarship money in my acceptance letter. I ranked them 6th, but I want to focus on tech in my career and the program is known for it.

for the programs that haven't sent me any notifications at all, I went into their online applications and clicked on forgot my password and typed in the email address I used for consortium app. Pretty much all the schools went and created an account for me and filled in the basic details of the app. Its pretty neat, u Guys should check it out.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2010
Posts: 6
Location: Afrique
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2010, 07:05
Congrats on your acceptances. I took your suggestion and accessed my Tuck profile (the only school i'm particularly interested in). Good thinking. It mentioned that my transcripts were missing, which I found odd, though the status reads complete.

Any thoughts regarding why this page is so inactive? I know that more people applied to the Consortium's first round, and as we are dealing with different dates than the conventional candidate, it would be helpful to know whether we're on pace.
GMAT Forum Moderator
avatar
Status: Accepting donations for the mohater MBA fund
Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 1860
Location: United States
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 54

Kudos [?]: 388 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2010, 07:14
tigerbait wrote:
Congrats on your acceptances. I took your suggestion and accessed my Tuck profile (the only school i'm particularly interested in). Good thinking. It mentioned that my transcripts were missing, which I found odd, though the status reads complete.

Any thoughts regarding why this page is so inactive? I know that more people applied to the Consortium's first round, and as we are dealing with different dates than the conventional candidate, it would be helpful to know whether we're on pace.


My Darden recommendations said "incomplete". I emailed the contact for apps and she said consortium apps don't always hit indicators to make certain fields "complete", but she also said not to worry, my app was complete.
_________________

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 05 Mar 2008
Posts: 1477
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 193 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2010, 07:30
kegewe wrote:
Got into tepper...now I'm waitin on the rest...they gave me scholarship money in my acceptance letter. I ranked them 6th, but I want to focus on tech in my career and the program is known for it.

for the programs that haven't sent me any notifications at all, I went into their online applications and clicked on forgot my password and typed in the email address I used for consortium app. Pretty much all the schools went and created an account for me and filled in the basic details of the app. Its pretty neat, u Guys should check it out.


Congrats. So, can you still get a Consortium fellowship on top of that (for CMU) or is that fellowship money that you received?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 09 Oct 2009
Posts: 88
Schools: Ross(IN–full$)
WE 1: Investment Bank
WE 2: Company in NYC
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 8

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2010, 11:18
lagomez wrote:
kegewe wrote:
Got into tepper...now I'm waitin on the rest...they gave me scholarship money in my acceptance letter. I ranked them 6th, but I want to focus on tech in my career and the program is known for it.

for the programs that haven't sent me any notifications at all, I went into their online applications and clicked on forgot my password and typed in the email address I used for consortium app. Pretty much all the schools went and created an account for me and filled in the basic details of the app. Its pretty neat, u Guys should check it out.


Congrats. So, can you still get a Consortium fellowship on top of that (for CMU) or is that fellowship money that you received?



No that is just standard scholarship money from the school, not related to the consortium. Later on I'll find out about consortium status.
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 05 Mar 2008
Posts: 1477
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 193 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2010, 11:48
kegewe wrote:
lagomez wrote:
kegewe wrote:
Got into tepper...now I'm waitin on the rest...they gave me scholarship money in my acceptance letter. I ranked them 6th, but I want to focus on tech in my career and the program is known for it.

for the programs that haven't sent me any notifications at all, I went into their online applications and clicked on forgot my password and typed in the email address I used for consortium app. Pretty much all the schools went and created an account for me and filled in the basic details of the app. Its pretty neat, u Guys should check it out.


Congrats. So, can you still get a Consortium fellowship on top of that (for CMU) or is that fellowship money that you received?



No that is just standard scholarship money from the school, not related to the consortium. Later on I'll find out about consortium status.


Sweet deal if you can get the consortium fellowship on top of that. How would that work? I wonder if you could use CMU money for non-tuition.

Either way, congrats.
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 05 Mar 2008
Posts: 1477
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 193 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2010, 11:50
tigerbait wrote:
Congrats on your acceptances. I took your suggestion and accessed my Tuck profile (the only school i'm particularly interested in). Good thinking. It mentioned that my transcripts were missing, which I found odd, though the status reads complete.

Any thoughts regarding why this page is so inactive? I know that more people applied to the Consortium's first round, and as we are dealing with different dates than the conventional candidate, it would be helpful to know whether we're on pace.


Strange. Last year's thread had about 45 pages. This thread is struggling for 7.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 09 Oct 2009
Posts: 88
Schools: Ross(IN–full$)
WE 1: Investment Bank
WE 2: Company in NYC
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 8

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2010, 12:58
Maybe the consortium had some better marketing last year and attracted more applicants. Most people I speak to who are in/done with/applying to b-school have never heard of CGSM.

I REALLY don't think I would get to keep that scholarship money if I was also offered full tuition. After all, the money for the consortium fellowship doesn't come from the consortium, it comes from the school. The school just agrees to award it to cgsm ppl. If they did let me keep both that would be super sweet. But either way, Tepper is ranked 6th on my app, so I can only hope that one of the higher ranked schools will offer me a fellowship. Like for example!!!

Last edited by kegewe on 16 Feb 2011, 17:11, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2010
Posts: 6
Location: Afrique
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2010, 14:39
kegewe wrote:
Maybe the consortium had some better marketing last year and attracted more applicants. Most people I speak to who are in/done with/applying to b-school have never heard of CGSM.

Curious. I hadn't heard of it either, until my brother, who's applying next year, mentioned it to me. Perhaps the problem is simply that we were amongst the few to submit early. Most of the ppl I met at the various diversity weekends are submitting round 2. I expect more activity after the 5th.

I REALLY don't think I would get to keep that scholarship money if I was also offered full tuition. After all, the money for the consortium fellowship doesn't come from the consortium, it comes from the school. The school just agrees to award it to cgsm ppl. If they did let me keep both that would be super sweet. But either way, Tepper is ranked 6th on my app, so I can only hope that one of the higher ranked schools will offer me a fellowship. Like TUCK for example!!!


Kegewe--Hopefully you'll gain admission to the program of your choice, but if not, you may luck out with financing. During my visits, both Yale and UNC confirmed that they offer Consortium fellowships + to students they are most interested in. Perhaps Tepper will do likewise.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 26 Oct 2007
Posts: 608
Location: The High Seas
Schools: Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 13

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2010, 15:54
lagomez wrote:
tigerbait wrote:
Congrats on your acceptances. I took your suggestion and accessed my Tuck profile (the only school i'm particularly interested in). Good thinking. It mentioned that my transcripts were missing, which I found odd, though the status reads complete.

Any thoughts regarding why this page is so inactive? I know that more people applied to the Consortium's first round, and as we are dealing with different dates than the conventional candidate, it would be helpful to know whether we're on pace.


Strange. Last year's thread had about 45 pages. This thread is struggling for 7.



True, this thread does seem really slow. I'm applying Rd.2, so on my end there is not much to discuss unfortunately.

I know it differs by school, but ball park, do you think we should start hearing about interview invites about a month after the consortium deadline? I'm applying Jan.5, so maybe in the Feb.10-15 range?
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 26 Oct 2007
Posts: 608
Location: The High Seas
Schools: Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 13

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2010, 01:44
What size/type of font are you guys using for the essays?

The directions say no more than two double spaced pages for each core essay, but nothing about font size. I'm having difficulty fitting everything in with Times 12, I'm thinking about going to 11 but not sure if that's pushing it.
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 05 Mar 2008
Posts: 1477
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 193 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2010, 07:07
VictoryMBA wrote:
What size/type of font are you guys using for the essays?

The directions say no more than two double spaced pages for each core essay, but nothing about font size. I'm having difficulty fitting everything in with Times 12, I'm thinking about going to 11 but not sure if that's pushing it.


Times 12. I would recommend not pushing it.

Let's say someone reads 20 essays before yours all in 12. Chances are 11 will be noticed.
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 05 Mar 2008
Posts: 1477
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 193 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2010, 09:08
How long after your interview did it take for your interview to go complete?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Dec 2010
Posts: 22
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2010, 13:07
lagomez wrote:
How long after your interview did it take for your interview to go complete?


Are you refering to the Consortium interview? I submitted mine in October and it still doesn't register as complete.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 13 Oct 2010
Posts: 112
Schools: Duke (r3), Vanderbilt (admit- Diversity Scholarship) R2 Consortium: Yale (ding), Emory (admit- CGSM fellowship), Michigan (admit), UT Austin (admit), Indiana (admit)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2010, 13:25
shewhomustnotbenamed wrote:
lagomez wrote:
How long after your interview did it take for your interview to go complete?


Are you refering to the Consortium interview? I submitted mine in October and it still doesn't register as complete.


I've heard of similar responses, seems like it varies. My interview registered as complete within 3 days of completing the interview, but a friend of mine completed an interview sometime in early November and it still doesn't register that it was completed. I'd probably reach out the Consortium or interviewer to inquire about the status.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 26 Oct 2007
Posts: 608
Location: The High Seas
Schools: Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 13

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2010, 15:32
I did my interview in November, and nearly two weeks later it still showed incomplete. I called the school, and it turned out that my interviewer didn't submit his review. It went complete the very next day. I was told that interviewers are required to submit their reviews within 72 hours, so if it's not showing up you should definitely make some inquiries.
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants!   [#permalink] 28 Dec 2010, 15:32
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
62 Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! shadow 2638 07 Jun 2010, 23:12
580 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! TheSenator 2345 27 Jun 2011, 05:55
Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants-CONSORTIUM chcarvajal 1 27 Jan 2011, 18:20
47 Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) bigfernhead 898 09 Sep 2009, 06:53
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11  ...  132    Next  [ 2639 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.