Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 20:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Cornell (IN! + Fellowship)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 May 2011, 17:43
Anyone going to MLT's CTLS?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 May 2011, 07:06
ohhthatjenny wrote:

Is that only for MLT folks?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 May 2011, 07:17
chireapplicant wrote:
ohhthatjenny wrote:

You can also be nominated to go by your B-school if you're not in MLT
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: All City Chess Club.
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: MIT (Sloan) - Class of 2013
GPA: 3.34
WE: Editorial and Writing (Journalism and Publishing)

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 May 2011, 11:19
ohhthatjenny wrote:
chireapplicant wrote:
ohhthatjenny wrote:

You can also be nominated to go by your B-school if you're not in MLT

How does that work? I'm enrolled at MIT. They're a partner school but when I spoke with someone at admissions they didn't know what I was talking about. Do incoming students typically get nominated or do rising second years get picked?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 May 2011, 12:15
How does that work? I'm enrolled at MIT. They're a partner school but when I spoke with someone at admissions they didn't know what I was talking about. Do incoming students typically get nominated or do rising second years get picked?[/quote]

Try asking the diversity office about it - looks like partner schools can pick people (incoming 1st years) to send to CTLS as a nominee.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 May 2011, 07:12
looks like there's very little activity these days... understandable.

Well... I was waitlisted at Stern, my #1 so I am doing everything I can to get off the waitlist... it's also the reason why I've cheated on the consortium forum for the stern waitlist one.

For those admitted... congrats! I hope I hope I hope to see you at OP in June. If not... I'll be back here next year.

Best of luck to everyone!... :)
VP
VP
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 194 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 May 2011, 07:15
ghinderbelle wrote:

Well... I was waitlisted at Stern, my #1 so I am doing everything I can to get off the waitlist... it's also the reason why I've cheated on the consortium forum for the stern waitlist one.

For those admitted... congrats! I hope I hope I hope to see you at OP in June. If not... I'll be back here next year.

So do you get feedback?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 May 2011, 07:19
lagomez wrote:
ghinderbelle wrote:

So do you get feedback?

Feedback on my application? No. There's a general Waitlist letter that gives you suggestions on how to address the waitlist... self-evaluation is key. And you sort of take it from there. I connected with current students and alum to get feedback and so I'm trying to address weaknesses on my own and keep Stern updated throughout the whole process.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: All City Chess Club.
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: MIT (Sloan) - Class of 2013
GPA: 3.34
WE: Editorial and Writing (Journalism and Publishing)

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 May 2011, 09:12
ohhthatjenny wrote:
How does that work? I'm enrolled at MIT. They're a partner school but when I spoke with someone at admissions they didn't know what I was talking about. Do incoming students typically get nominated or do rising second years get picked?

Try asking the diversity office about it - looks like partner schools can pick people (incoming 1st years) to send to CTLS as a nominee.[/quote]

Looks like my email got fwd to the right person (my interviewer!) and they decided to nominated me so I'll be heading to CTLS! Care to share any insight surrounding CTLS and MLT? :)
Director
Director
Schools: Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 13

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 May 2011, 13:00
I just saw the "Calling All Columbia 2012" thread and I started to have a panic attack (that time already?), but geez, I guess it's almost June...we better get a 2012 Consortium thread going here soon!!

I hope they add more schools to the consortium, that way I won't feel quite as bad about having to reapply (more selection).
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Certified LSS Green Belt, Certified in Sustainable Business Practices
Schools: Cornell Johnson (Admit w/$)
WE 1: Defense/Aerospace
WE 2: Manufacturing

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 May 2011, 08:23
ohhthatjenny wrote:

I'm confused. Is it an honor or insult? :-?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
Schools: R2 Consortium (Stern(WL), Ross (admit w/$$), Darden (int-ding), McCombs(admit)),Fuqua (admit)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2011, 15:27
Did anyone apply/get into MBA Jumpstart? I applied and was placed on the waitlist. <sad face>
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V39
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.49
WE: Analyst (Insurance)

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 17

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2011, 20:20
gotchocolate wrote:
Did anyone apply/get into MBA Jumpstart? I applied and was placed on the waitlist. <sad face>

Exact same thing happened to me.

He that is in me > he that is in the world. - source 1 John 4:4

Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2012
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 215 [0], given: 111

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2011, 08:29
Guys, don't worry about getting waitlisted for MBA Jumpstart. It's a program that has really grown quickly in both popularity and competitiveness over the past few years, and this year is certainly no exception.

I posted a few of the other summer camps available here: calling-all-fall-2011-consortium-applicants-95473-60.html#p817823. If you're interested in consulting or banking, definitely apply to these as soon as possible

GMAT Debrief

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2011, 10:35
I know I'm late and this thread is almost dead now, but I was just recently admitted and am going to OP. Anybody have any idea how the Consortium pays for the flight/hotel? Or do I pay and they reimburse me?
Director
Director

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2011, 10:45
If I recall correctly, last year you emailed them your preference for your departure airport, and the Consortium took care of booking the ticket for you. They also took care of booking the room for you. If you haven't heard anything back yet, I'd get in touch with the Consortium, as last year there was a mixup and I didn't get my flight information until I followed up with them.

GMAT Debrief

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V39
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.49
WE: Analyst (Insurance)

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 17

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2011, 15:28
shadow wrote:
Guys, don't worry about getting waitlisted for MBA Jumpstart. It's a program that has really grown quickly in both popularity and competitiveness over the past few years, and this year is certainly no exception.

I posted a few of the other summer camps available here: calling-all-fall-2011-consortium-applicants-95473-60.html#p817823. If you're interested in consulting or banking, definitely apply to these as soon as possible

Thanks, man. I just got an email that they took me off the waitlist.

He that is in me > he that is in the world. - source 1 John 4:4

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2011, 17:09
has anyone been invited to attend the credit suisse mba explorer program? they were supposed to release decisions friday. just wondering if they only contacted those selected to attend.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Top 20 Schools!
WE 1: >2 in IT

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2011, 04:35
Hello Everyone ..I don't know anything about Consortium Application..All I knew was I have to apply for each university separately. Can anyone please explain me the whole idea behind this Consortium application ? How does it helps ? And how it differs from applying to each university separately ?

Thanks a lot !
Really looking for the information...Thanks
Director
Director

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2011, 04:38
Hi Ankush,

Please read through the first post of this thread as it answers all of those questions. If you have any further questions please feel free to post back here

Posted from my mobile device Image

GMAT Debrief

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants!   [#permalink] 16 Jun 2011, 04:38