Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 14 Sep 2014, 18:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2012
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 215 [1] , given: 111

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2010, 23:12
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Note: Application for Fall 2011 is now live!

Q: What is the Consortium?
A: The Consortium for Graduate Study in Management is the country’s preeminent organization for promoting diversity and inclusion in American business. Through an annual competition, The Consortium awards merit-based, full-tuition fellowships to America’s best and brightest candidates. In conjunction with our member schools, sponsoring companies, and our elite group of MBA students and alumni, The Consortium has built a forty year legacy of fostering inclusion and changing the ethnic and cultural face of American business.

Q: How does the application process for the Consortium differ from a regular school application?
A: Common Application - One application allows you to apply to up to six Consortium schools. (University of North Carolina- Chapel Hill requires that all applicants submit both The Consortium application and the UNC application)

Tiered Application Fee - Using The Consortium common application significantly reduces your application fee costs. You may apply to up to two member schools for $150, three schools for $200, four schools for $240, five for $275, and six for $300 (source: Official Consortium website)

Essays - There are 2 common essays as part of the Consortium application. Additionally, each member school you are applying to requires at least 1 separate, school specific essay.

Interviews - There is 1 common Consortium interview that you must schedule with either a Consortium Alum or a representative at a Consortium School. Note that the interview does not necessarily have to take place at a school you are applying to. Afterward, individual schools may or may not require an additional school specific interview.

Q: Can I apply even if I am not an under-represented minority?
A: The Consortium seeks applicants who align themselves with its mission. Being a minority is not a prerequisite as long as the applicant has demonstrated a commitment to the Consortium's mission in his or her life.

Official site: http://www.cgsm.org

2010-2011 Deadlines:

R1: November 15 2010
R2: January 5 2011

Member Schools:
  • University of California-Berkeley, Haas School of Business (newly added school)
  • University of California-Los Angeles, Anderson School of Management (newly added school)
  • Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business
  • Cornell University, The Johnson School
  • Dartmouth College, Tuck School of Business
  • Emory University, Goizueta Business School
  • Indiana University-Bloomington, Kelley School of Business
  • University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, Stephen M. Ross School of Business
  • New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business
  • University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Kenan-Flagler Business School
  • University of Rochester, Simon Graduate School of Business
  • University of Southern California, Marshall School of Business
  • The University of Texas at Austin, McCombs School of Business
  • University of Virginia, Darden School of Business
  • Washington University in St. Louis, Olin Business School
  • University of Wisconsin-Madison, Wisconsin School of Business
  • Yale University, Yale School of Management

Related threads/links:

2010 thread: calling-all-fall-2010-consortium-applicants-merged-87799.html
any-consortium-applicants-56951.html
Transcript of Consortium chat with CGSM and school adcoms: http://www.accepted.com/chat/transcript ... rtium.aspx

---

I know it's a bit early in the game, but hopefully people can find out about this program early on and decide if it's right for them. As you can see from last year's thread, there were quite a few Consortium admits (and a good number of fellowship recipients as well), so feel free to post any questions if you're thinking of applying this fall

Member Schools:

University of California-Berkeley, Haas School of Business
Applicants:

money9111
uzzy12
DCtoMBA
lagomez
carlito1017
SouthernBelle54
Jaguar363
co2013MBA
ohhthatjenny

University of California-Los Angeles, Anderson School of Management
Applicants:

progressiongirl
DCtoMBA
Howedoin
co2013MBA
Cooper52
VLM
ohhthatjenny

Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business
Applicants:

DexterStJacques
kegewe
mba0Rbust
co2013MBA
numbnutz
dapeople3
ohhthatjenny

Cornell University, The Johnson School
Applicants:

money9111
progressiongirl
lagomez
kegewe
mba0Rbust
greentea
Jaguar363
numbnutz
VLM
chireapplicant
ohhthatjenny

Dartmouth College, Tuck School of Business
Applicants:

money9111
vannbj
DCtoMBA
carlito1017
shewhomustnotbenamed
VictoryMBA
DexterStJacques
edemlaw
kegewe
mba0Rbust
Jaguar363
mohater
thacharter
carpediem0008
chireapplicant
KD2010

Emory University, Goizueta Business School
Applicants:

kn2130
Emmie1988
SouthernBelle54
mba0Rbust
dapeople3
BusyBee404

Indiana University-Bloomington, Kelley School of Business
Applicants:

edemlaw
greentea
BusyBee404

University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, Stephen M. Ross School of Business
Applicants:

money9111
DCtoMBA
shewhomustnotbenamed
gotchocolate
loloswims
kegewe
mohater
Howedoin
BusyBee404
countdracula
numbnutz
mbaboundVA
BusyBee404

New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business
Applicants:

money9111
progressiongirl
kn2130
lagomez
DCtoMBA
shewhomustnotbenamed
gotchocolate
VictoryMBA
kegewe
greentea
chcarvajal
ghinderbelle
ohhthatjenny
Blueskadoobob
cauxion
mbaboundVA
VLM
KD2010

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Kenan-Flagler Business School
Applicants:

SouthernBelle54

University of Rochester, Simon Graduate School of Business

University of Southern California, Marshall School of Business
Applicants:

progressiongirl
Howedoin
sexonthebeach150
co2013MBA

The University of Texas at Austin, McCombs School of Business
Applicants:

carlito1017
Emmie1988
gotchocolate
loloswims
co2013MBA
Bballer84
BusyBee404
KD2010

University of Virginia, Darden School of Business
Applicants:

uzzy12
kn2130
vannbj
gotchocolate
DexterStJacques
edemlaw
kegewe
greentea
Jaguar363
mohater
numbnutz
dapeople3
KD2010

Washington University in St. Louis, Olin Business School
Applicants:

University of Wisconsin-Madison, Wisconsin School of Business
Applicants:

co2013MBA

Yale University, Yale School of Management
Applicants:

money9111
kn2130
DCtoMBA
lagomez
shewhomustnotbenamed
VictoryMBA
SouthernBelle54
greentea
Jaguar363
ghinderbelle
cauxion
VLM
BusyBee404
KD2010
ohhthatjenny

---

GMAT Debrief

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
4 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [4] , given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2011, 06:13
This post received
KUDOS
As I said before on this forum, the ranking system provides valuable information to the adcom and lets them protect their yields, which is an important element of their own rankings for their program. Put yourself in their shoes. You must understand their mission and their job. If I were an adcom member, and I saw two consortium applicants, all else equal, I'm going with the one who ranked me #1 as opposed to the one who ranked me #2 and who didn't get in to his top choice and chose me as plan B. With my rejection letter, I'll tell that applicant " ____ you, I'll show you who's number two!" That's why the best strategy is to take a hard look at your credentials and application profile and apply to the school where you think you have a decent shot at being accepted. Remember, for consortium applicants, there's more at stake than just admission. There's $100K on the line. As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather go to a school ranked between #10 and 20 for free, than take out a $160K loan for H,W,S. The job opportunities are the same. And when you start comparing schools in the aforementioned bracket, the differences are truly negligible and insignificant. So to make a mistake applying to Tuck or Hass, when you know the chances are a bit lower, you are taking an unnecessary and imprudent risk that does not help you with your overall goal of launching a great career with the least amount of debt possible. The consortium people say to not try to game the system, but that's exactly what you need to do in so many words.
Trust me on this one, I speak from experience.
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Michigan - Ross Class of 2012
WE 1: Marketing within Financial Services

Kudos [?]: 24 [2] , given: 9

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2010, 08:35
This post received
KUDOS
If you ask the schools, they will tell you rank does not affect their decision. The schools have the choice to see your rankings beforehand. Some may intentionally not look at your ranking so that it doesn't influence their decisions indirectly(Ross changed their stance last year and did this to eliminate ranking bias). So the short answer is that it should only affect who gets to offer you the fellowship but some programs with tighter admissions numbers may use them. Off the record, I know of one school who has admitted using the rankings for admission decisions before so it really varies by school. Officially they're not supposed to. PM me if you have a question about a specific school since I've asked this question to each school I applied to and a few others.

Posted from my mobile device Image

Detailed Profile with Interviews/Dings/Admits: Go Here

2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
WE 1: 5 years consulting

Kudos [?]: 5 [2] , given: 13

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2011, 12:02
This post received
KUDOS
Got into USC Marshall today!! I ranked them #2. Applied R2. The call was around 12pm noon. For the other who applied to Marshall, before this call I received no confirmation email or log in credentials. I had no idea they even received or were reviewing my app yet. Nothing.

It IS interesting that my #1 school (NYU- interview invite) and #2 school are showing me love. But for TODAY I will think (and my mommy will say) that it is due to my hard work and decent credentials :-)
2 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 195 [2] , given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2011, 17:11
This post received
KUDOS
forumaddict wrote:
I say we get together and create a rock band-style video for the schools that we haven't heard from yet. We could sing the song "I waaaaaaaant youuuuuuuu to want me....I neeeeeeeeeed youuuuuuuu to need me...I'm beeeeeegin you to love me!"

Lagomez could be the lead singer, I'll take the drums, Victorymba could play guitar, and ibroke it can smash all the instruments on the floor at the end of the song to express our collective frustrations!!!!

I want you to interview me
I need you to accept me
I'd love you to love me
I'm beggin' you to take me
I want you to interview me
I need you to accept me
I'd love you to love me
I'll shine up my application
Put on a brand new GMAT score
Get home early from work
If you say that you accept me
Didn't I, didn't I, didn't I see you applyin'
Oh, didn't I, didn't I, didn't I see you applyin'
Getting dinged alone without a friend you know you feel like dying
Oh, didn't I, didn't I, didn't I see you applyin'
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2010, 09:31
This post received
KUDOS
if i remember correctly, several people got into their third or fourth schools last year. i have read conflicting statements about whether a school knows where you ranked them prior to admitting you. my original knowledge was that schools have no knowledge of where you ranked them, so if you ranked a school 5th or 1st, they would have no way of knowing. the only point at which they know is after admitting you, when they have the option to award you the fellowship.

however, at least one or 2 accounts have been in direct conflict with this viewpoint. at the very least, know that your first choice school has first dibs on offering you the fellowship. if they decline, then the next highest ranked school may offer it to you. you may only receive one fellowship offer though, so if your #1 offers you a fellowship, then #2 or #3 may not.

i will be at the Orientation Program this weekend where i will meet with reps from various schools, as well as from the consortium itself. i'll try to get a firm answer to eliminate any ambiguity in the admissions process.

GMAT Debrief

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 24 [1] , given: 9

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2010, 10:15
This post received
KUDOS
Greetings to this year's applicants! I'll do my best to check out this board periodically to help answer questions.

As some background, I applied to 4 schools last year through Consortium. Accepted at my #1, 3, and 4 ranked schools with Fellowships/Scholarships from #3 and #4. I'll be attending Ross this Fall and if anyone has any questions about The Consortium, Ross, or the process in general, I'm happy to help this group out! Feel free to PM me with anything specific.

Best of luck everyone!

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2010, 13:15
This post received
KUDOS
All Consortium fellowship decisions come out at one time regardless of which round you apply. I believe the schools meet in February or March to decide.

If you ranked a school lower, they may try and preempt the Consortium fellowship announcement and offer you one of their own scholarships (which happened to me). They will all give you a little time after the fellowship info comes out to choose a school, again ignoring the general applicant dates.

Posted from my mobile device Image

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Schools: Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 22 [1] , given: 13

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2010, 20:36
This post received
KUDOS
IllustratorBlu, I've been wondering the same thing. Just judging by what's been said, it seems like schools ranked #5 and #6 might have issues with that. Even if they do admit you, what are the odds they'll give you the fellowship. Hell, it seems like some schools (Tuck and Yale for example) might have issues with you not ranking them #1 considering how small their class sizes are. Trying to rank these schools has been a complete mind-f*ck for me. It's not just where I want to attend, but I've also considered what schools will be receptive to my background.

I come from a real estate development background (construction mngmt/operations) and I want to get into social enterprise post MBA (social/non profit venture capital). I have zero finance background, so will NYU want me? Those are the types of questions that have been driving me crazy.

This is how I'm ranking my schools thus far 1) Yale...Dartmouth, NYU, Berkeley, Cornell, Michigan

This is my alternate list...1) Yale, Cornell, UCLA, Michigan

I have OK stats (when compared to everyone else who applies to these schools), not an auto ding, but not an auto-admit either. So ranking Berkeley (US News #7, 11% acceptance rate) #4 almost seems like a complete waste. Why in the world would they admit me when they will probably have scores of consortium applicants who WILL rank them #1 AND have the stats to back it up? Cornell won't be too pleased being ranked #5 either, and Michigan doesn't consider rankings during the admissions review. If nothing else, at least Yale will see how much I want them...
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2010, 13:26
This post received
KUDOS
lagomez wrote:
Does it make sense to have a consortium interview through a specific school if that school is not your first choice?

I interviewed with an alum from a school I didn't wind up applying to. I don't think it matters as long as you can speak intelligently about your own career trajectory and resume. For example if you're interviewing with a Tuck alum that lives in your area but you're not applying there, don't bring it up, and make sure you know at least a few key facts about the program in case it comes up in the interview. Don't lie and say it's your #1 choice, and at the same time don't bring up that you have 0 intention of applying if asked.

lagomez wrote:
Could you elaborate a little more on this? I'm still having trouble with the mission essay.

The mission of the Consortium for Graduate Study in Management, an alliance of leading American business schools and some of our country’s top corporations, is to enhance diversity in business education and leadership by helping to reduce the serious underrepresentation of African Americans, Hispanic Americans and Native Americans in both our member schools’ enrollments and the ranks of management.

What exactly are they looking for? I do lots of work with minorities and the underprivileged but they aren't exactly going to join the ranks of management. Many don't even have a high school diploma.

It's all about how you frame it. Maybe the people you directly help will not rise to the ranks of management, but what's to say that their kids don't? Or their relatives? Or their friends?

GMAT Debrief

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2010, 20:58
This post received
KUDOS
shadowsjc wrote:
The following is a list of events / initiatives that Consortium applicants may be interested in. This is by no means an all inclusive list, so always keep your eyes open for similar opportunities that may arise:

General

Forte foundation - for women leaders in business; provide mentoring and fellowship opportunities
http://www.fortefoundation.org/site/PageServer

Robert Toigo foundation - for URM applicants; provide mentoring and fellowship opportunities
http://connected.toigofoundation.org/site/PageServer

Management Leadership for Tomorrow - for URM applicants; ongoing program that helps refine the core skills needed for a successful career in business. should apply ASAP if interested
http://www.ml4t.org/

MBA Jumpstart - summer conference for people interested in switching careers into Consulting or Investment banking; offers networking opportunities and career panels; similar to the Consortium OP in that people walked away with the conference in excellent positions to get internship offers before school even started. Apply in the spring
http://mbajumpstart.org/forums.php

Consulting

Deloitte Consulting Immersion Program - new pre-mba program that started last year; offers students a highly competitive pre-MBA internship at Deloitte; Deloitte also hosts a networking conference the summer before school. Apply in the spring
http://careers.deloitte.com/united-stat ... ntID=16293

Investment Banking

Pretty much all the large banks have diversity initiatives that include pre-MBA camps and events the summer before school starts. These are essentially a must if you intend to work in the field, especially if you have no prior finance experience. The applications for these don't usually start until the spring, but make sure to keep them on your radar. They are generally competitive, so make sure you get your app in early (apply in the spring)

JP Morgan Early Advantage - http://careers.jpmorgan.com/student/jpm ... ge/program
Morgan Stanley Early Insight -
Goldman Sachs Pre MBA Camp - http://www2.goldmansachs.com/careers/ou ... index.html
UBS

Applicants should familiarize themselves with these and apply if possible. I can speak further to the investment banking programs, so if you have any questions feel free to post back or send me a PM.

Marketing/Brand Management

P&G Marketing Summer Camp - AMAZING opportunity for anyone interested in marketing and/or brand management. It's a one-week program over the summer where you get to know marketing through the lens of the best CPG company in the world. The week is capped with internship interviews for the following summer. It's not exclusively for diversity candidates but it is heavily tailored towards a diverse audience (beyond just URM). Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions.
http://www.jobs-pg.com/cincinnati/marke ... orary-jobs

Other camps - Other companies might have similar camps that I'm aware of that you can apply directly to (I think PepsiCo/Frito-Lay). Many have camps or sell/interview days out of Consortium or the Diversity conferences (Target, General Mills, Miller-Coors, Kraft, J&J, etc) usually after 1st round interviews or after an offer is extended. Consortium OP is incredible for marketing internship opportunities. You can set foot on campus with several offers in hand before your first class.

If you're interested in Marketing and/or Brand Management, it's good to start prospecting what types of companies you may be interested in. I'm not kidding, as soon as you accept your offer if you attend a Consortium school, you need to start resume and interview prep immediately. The time goes by REALLY fast.

I'm happy to answer questions in the Marketing realm for those beginning their research. Just PM me.

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2010, 17:39
This post received
KUDOS
I don't have the time to do another interview. Furthermore, requesting another interview is something that one probably can not do. I simply trust that she will complete the assessment positively for questions she did not ask me.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2011, 09:34
This post received
KUDOS
VictoryMBA wrote:
How were you able to confirm that your Tuck application was complete (via website) without a login?

Go to Tuck's admission page. Find the link to login to existing application. When prompted to enter your login details, select "I forgot..." If I remember correctly, it will ask for the email address you utilized in you Consortium application and forward your login details.

When I accessed it initially, it said (and still does say) that my application was complete, but that both my undergrad and grad transcripts were missing. I called and was told that it was merely a data entry error and that if any components of my application were missing, they'd have called me a long time ago--mentioned just in case you run into a similar circumstance.
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 195 [1] , given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2011, 13:01
This post received
KUDOS
It depends on how you define quality. I know some applicants that were dinged by Consortium schools but yet accepted to higher ranked schools. I wouldn't necessarily call them lower quality. Additionally, some were accepted that one could consider questionable quality. Point being, there will always be quality candidates but perhaps not the quality a school is looking for. Seriously, how many times have you visited a school and were left wondering "how in the heck did this person make it through"?
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2011, 13:50
This post received
KUDOS
money9111 wrote:
lagomez wrote:
Just for curiosity, I wonder what the averages look like for Consortium applicants. Any guesses?

i would LOOOOVE to see this stat but I bet it will never be published

http://www.inmagazine.cgsm.org/public/A ... Report.pdf

This provides some interesting stats.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2011, 05:58
This post received
KUDOS
uzzy12 wrote:
I applied to Haas and Darden through the Consortium R2 and I haven't received any e-mails from them acknowledging receipt of my application. Anyone out there apply to these schools R2 as well?

Uzzy12, I applied R1 to Darden. Even though I applied by 11/15, I didn't get an email from them until 12/14 acknowledging receipt of my app. This might be an indication of how things will go for R2, especially since they receive a greater volume of apps R2.

Darden R1, Emory R1, Yale R1,

1 KUDOS received
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 195 [1] , given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2011, 12:51
This post received
KUDOS
I went ahead and edited the first page to start keeping a running list of applicants. PM me or post a message here to be added. It will take some time but I can also go through the posts and add applicants. PM if you do not want to be included.

Let me know if you guys think there is a need for a spreadsheet. The spreadsheet will look nicer and we can keep track of GMAT and GPA.
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Schools: Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 22 [1] , given: 13

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2011, 18:18
This post received
KUDOS
If anyone cares, I called NYU admissions today and asked when we could expect interview invites, the lady in the office said that we "could expect them at any time." My follow up was, "can you give any sort of ballpark date." Reply, "no, they are sent at any time."
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Ross(IN–full$)
WE 1: Investment Bank
WE 2: Company in NYC
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 8

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2011, 21:13
This post received
KUDOS
FWIW, I was admitted to my #6 ranked school and offered scholarship money as well. If you rank a school lower, then the school might offer you money or even the fellowship to lure you. If you rank a school number 1, then they might not feel they need to offer you the fellowship, because they assume you'll attend whether you get money from them or not.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2011, 07:29
This post received
KUDOS
kegewe wrote:
So I applied to NYU with Rd. 1...I originally did my consortium interview with an NYU Alum, but never received any additional invitation to interview with adcom. Does this mean ding?

I am on the same boat, kegewe.... kinda... I applied R1 and did my Consortium interview at a member school and haven't heard anything yet from NYU. I have a funny way of looking at it, though. I tell myself that they really want me, but somehow I don't fit in to the class they're trying to put together, so they keep holding on to my file while they try to figure out how to fit me in. You know, because they just HAVE to have me... lol.

Darden R1, Emory R1, Yale R1,

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants!   [#permalink] 02 Feb 2011, 07:29