Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:42 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 518 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink]
lagomez wrote:
Skier7 wrote:
wow. where did you guys read that?

https://thedartmouth.com/2011/03/08/news/tuition

The whole university is getting hiked. Tuck is mentioned near the bottom.

ugh - Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Any candidates received Tuck wait List feedback today? Christie suggested me to retake toefl to improve speaking score. How big is the chance to be admitted if I retake given that I have been wl without interview?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management
Schools:Darden School of Business
Send PM
Vampireking, did you got this feedback by email or a call?
Thanks

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
I too would also like to know how you received feedback. According to the automated waitlist reply, we are supposed to receive feedback by March 30, but I think the majority of us has yet to hear back. Did you initiate the feedback request or did Christy initiate it?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
elpresidente wrote:
Vampireking, did you got this feedback by email or a call?
Thanks

email
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ucbruin wrote:
I too would also like to know how you received feedback. According to the automated waitlist reply, we are supposed to receive feedback by March 30, but I think the majority of us has yet to hear back. Did you initiate the feedback request or did Christy initiate it?

Christy
Intern
Intern
Send PM
That's great that you got feedback. Hopefully the rest of us will hear this week?!?

Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 3
WE 1: semiconductors
Send PM
Is the tuck april round as hard to get in as round 3 of other schools? I want to apply (and not lose one more year) having been dinged after interview at my top choice, but would rather wait if chances are as good as zero at this point.
VP
VP
Send PM
firsttimer2 wrote:
Is the tuck april round as hard to get in as round 3 of other schools? I want to apply (and not lose one more year) having been dinged after interview at my top choice, but would rather wait if chances are as good as zero at this point.

The final round is comparable to round 3 of other schools. Essentially you are competing against everyone in that round plus all the waitlisters.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Any other waitlisters receive any feedback recently? I wonder when they will be making decisions on who (if anyone) to admit from the waitlist.
VP
VP
Send PM
biztuck wrote:
Any other waitlisters receive any feedback recently? I wonder when they will be making decisions on who (if anyone) to admit from the waitlist.

According to Tuck, May-July (after all rounds are complete). Maybe a few sneak in before but the majority will hear something or nothing in May-July.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
lagomez wrote:
biztuck wrote:

According to Tuck, May-July (after all rounds are complete). Maybe a few sneak in before but the majority will hear something or nothing in May-July.

There have been a couple of waitlisted candidates who have already received feedback from the Tuck adcom (seen in the waitlist thread for Tuck). It sounds as if they will be reaching out to waitlisted students sooner rather than later....
Manager
Manager
Send PM
vampireking wrote:
Any candidates received Tuck wait List feedback today? Christie suggested me to retake toefl to improve speaking score. How big is the chance to be admitted if I retake given that I have been wl without interview?

I think it is a good sign - but also one of those things that is tough to judge with any certainty. Since you haven't interviewed yet, it's even tougher to tell. If you had interviewed and received this type of feedback, I think it would be very positive feedback. But, seeing as you have not had the chance to interview yet, it's tough to make a judgment as to whether this would improve your chances greatly - especially considering a small % of students are accepted off the waitlist.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hey guys, I am a new poster and was wondering if you guys could help me out with my application decision.

I am thinking about applying to Tuck and want to get everyone's opinion. I recently retook my GMATs (Had a 650 prior to a few days ago and then scored a 700). Tuck was always my top choice but my low GMAT score prevented me from applying. I am currently in at a few lesser schools. I know it is late in the game, so let me know whether you think applying is worth a shot, and thanks in advance for the feedback. My credentials are below:

Male
New York City
4 years at a top law firm (paralegal)
1 year at a top entertainment firm (law/finance position)
700 GMAT (86% quant., 78% verbal)
3.0 GPA at top 50 University (also went abroad)
History major
VP
VP
Send PM
kujocelyn wrote:
Hey guys, I am a new poster and was wondering if you guys could help me out with my application decision.

I am thinking about applying to Tuck and want to get everyone's opinion. I recently retook my GMATs (Had a 650 prior to a few days ago and then scored a 700). Tuck was always my top choice but my low GMAT score prevented me from applying. I am currently in at a few lesser schools. I know it is late in the game, so let me know whether you think applying is worth a shot, and thanks in advance for the feedback. My credentials are below:

Male
New York City
History major

If you don't mind "risking" the application fee and the time then why not.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
lagomez wrote:
kujocelyn wrote:

Male
New York City
History major

I do not mind risking the time and app. fee. I guess my question is what is a realistic pct. chance that I hear anything positive? Because if there is a 5% chance I get in with those credentials, at this time, I may not do it. Whereas if there is a 25% chance, I will do it. Does that make sense?
VP
VP
Send PM
kujocelyn wrote:
lagomez wrote:
kujocelyn wrote:

Male
New York City
History major

I do not mind risking the time and app. fee. I guess my question is what is a realistic pct. chance that I hear anything positive? Because if there is a 5% chance I get in with those credentials, at this time, I may not do it. Whereas if there is a 25% chance, I will do it. Does that make sense?

Well it's definitely below 20%. That's not based on your background, that's just based on the fact that Tuck has a lower acceptance rate in the final round.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  99   100   101   102   103  ...  107   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts