Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 00:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Tuck
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2010, 12:28
This post received
KUDOS
Add me in. I applied EA, interviewed on campus mid-September. Pursuing the joint MBA/MALD through Fletcher. Tuck is my first - and only - choice at this point. If I don't get in EA, then I'll probably apply to a few schools for their R2. Just countin' down the days...
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 197 [1] , given: 31

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2010, 06:58
This post received
KUDOS
ugimba wrote:
which criteria you guys use to save your essay documents? can I just say Goals_Essay_Tuck.doc .. or any better ways? thanks.

My essays were:

Essay 1: The_Best_Goals_Essay.doc
Essay 2: I_Dont_Have_Failures.doc
Optional Essay: Accept_Me-Now.doc

It doesn't matter. Whatever is easier for you to reference
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2010, 13:09
This post received
KUDOS
Silvers wrote:
Well have 2 questions around the application

1. The scholarship essay - do we have to get this in by the application deadline or there is some buffer period.

2. The form for Financial aid(international applicants) - we dont need to fill that in right now correct???

Thanks in advance......

1. The scholarship essay is due a week from the application deadline.
2. Not sure as I am not an international applicant.
1 KUDOS received
Tuck Thread Master
Schools: Stanford (in), Tuck (WL), Wharton (ding), Cornell (in)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 90 [1] , given: 69

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2010, 22:35
This post received
KUDOS
Silvers wrote:
Well have 2 questions around the application

1. The scholarship essay - do we have to get this in by the application deadline or there is some buffer period.

2. The form for Financial aid(international applicants) - we dont need to fill that in right now correct???

Thanks in advance......

2. They have specific deadlines set for financial aid applications. Check this out:

http://www.tuck.dartmouth.edu/admission ... ant-dates/
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 404 [1] , given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2010, 05:54
This post received
KUDOS
DenisSh wrote:

Ok, but Tuck claims in its application instructions that all kinds of interview are considered equally in terms of admission success.

A Tuck rep presented at the Kaplan road to b-school in NYC. One thing the Tuck rep said was it takes people who self initiate very seriously, and take all communication and correspondences with the school very seriously.

All interviews may be considered equally, but self initiating is more about the candidate than about the interview.

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Stern '13
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 42 [1] , given: 16

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2010, 06:58
This post received
KUDOS
mohater wrote:
DenisSh wrote:
I live on the opposite side of the Earth, so I hope they will take my circumstances into consideration.

Nevertheless, I got your point, thank you.

Obviously, for your circumstances, this is your reality. For folks stateside, the reality is much different. It's not that unreasonable to trek out there and make the visit.

To echo mohater's comments, the self-initiated interview is an admit/deny decision maker between two applicants all other things being equal. This was a confirmed by an Adcom during my visit to Hanover.

However, they do understand that international students may not be able to make that commitment. When I went there though, there were a bunch of visiting candidates from Brazil. I think they will certainly have a leg up over other Brazilians when they're applying.

Like the response? Kudos it!

1 KUDOS received
Ross Thread Master
Schools: Ross, Class of 2013
WE 1: Industrial Operations - 3 years
WE 2: B2B Sales & Marketing - 3 years
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 4

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2010, 07:37
This post received
KUDOS
Got my interview invitation today!

International applicant, operations + marketing background in industry.
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: DukeTuck,Kelogg,Darden
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 42 [1] , given: 28

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2010, 07:51
This post received
KUDOS
Submitted the app!
Interviewed yesterday!
Recommendations also done!

Time to rest for a few days i guess....

and for folks who r in 2 minds about visiting the campus or not especially those in US...... i would suggest make sure u go there....

yesterday in the 16 ppl group that was there to interview,applicants flew in from Singapore,India,Dubai,Peru and China.............

and yeah from US there were applicants from west coast, south and as far as Hawaii!

Run towards the things that make you uncomfortable daily. The greatest risk is not taking risks
http://gmatclub.com/forum/from-690-to-730-q50-v38-97356.html

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: DukeTuck,Kelogg,Darden
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 42 [1] , given: 28

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2010, 15:40
This post received
KUDOS
gkumar wrote:
Btw, there was a mention of Tuck's scholarship applications. Where are they located?

It is available under Downloadable forms section on the left side on the application.

Run towards the things that make you uncomfortable daily. The greatest risk is not taking risks
http://gmatclub.com/forum/from-690-to-730-q50-v38-97356.html

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Stern '13
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 42 [1] , given: 16

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2010, 07:14
This post received
KUDOS
lagomez wrote:
cwhs wrote:
The 5 PM deadline was difficult to meet by one of my recommenders. He submitted like 30 mins before the deadline. If I get in, I'm going to work on having the admissions push the deadline back to 11:59 pm so that recommenders/applicants have some extra time to look over their content after work.

I don't think they will budge. After all, the application has been out since September and the applications deadlines were released prior to the application release. Best thing to do is give a recommender a deadline that does not fall on the application deadline.

Indeed, I meant I'll do that for the class of 2014 or even 2015.

Like the response? Kudos it!

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 4

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2010, 14:32
This post received
KUDOS
gkumar wrote:
MBAUncle wrote:
gkumar wrote:
Regarding the on-campus interview, does the on-campus interview have to be initiated before you submit the application, or will the interview count anytime, even after you submitted your application?

I know people who applied at the EA Round and made the on-campus interview on the first week of November.

That is odd because I called the Tuck admissions office today and they told me that if you visit the campus to interview after you submitted a Round 1 application, the interview will not be added to your file.

Your statement directly contradicts what the office said. I am a bit confused. I applied in R1 on November 10th.

I am uncertain on whether to proceed with the December interview or patiently wait for an interview invite. Should I visit in December or not? It doesn't make sense to visit and interview if that effort doesn't count for anything.

http://www.tuck.dartmouth.edu/admission ... ant-dates/

There are deadlines for applicat-initiated interviews. I suggest you to follow the official information (website, adcom...)

It doesn't make sense for you to do it if it doesn't count. However, if you have extra time and money, it's always a good idea to visit and get connected with the Adcom because it may give you a tiebreaker. Just my opinion.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 14 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2010, 15:02
This post received
KUDOS
Tuck Admissions wrote:

We have extended the deadline for Early Action Round Self-Initiated Interviews*. The new deadline by which the self initiated interview must be completed is now Friday, October 29th. The Early Action Application Deadline remains October 13th. Please click here to register for your interview. If you are already registered for an interview and it occurs on or before October 29th we encourage you to keep your existing appointment. We look forward to meeting you and reading your application!

Here you go!
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: INSEAD Class of J'12
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 5

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2010, 08:39
This post received
KUDOS
I was at London info session last week where I heard a conversation where some reapplicant asked the very question to AdCom member and details are my inference of what they discussed.
1 KUDOS received
Tuck Thread Master
Schools: Stanford (in), Tuck (WL), Wharton (ding), Cornell (in)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 90 [1] , given: 69

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2010, 08:41
This post received
KUDOS
Invited for an interview with current student!!! :)
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 36 [1] , given: 2

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2010, 10:35
This post received
KUDOS
To the above discussion about Admissions over-enrolling again this year:

They will not plan to over-enroll. In fact, they've never planned to over-enroll. They have a yield they expect based on past cycles, and thus extend offers based on that information.

I.e., Tuck plans to enroll 240 people, and their overall yield is around 50-60%, so they may extend a bit over 400 offers in total to get to their target size. Keep in mind that their early yield is much higher than the other rounds, and they know this and that's why they say early action applicants have the best shot because they're unsure as to the quality of the apps in later rounds.

If anything, I would have thought that the AdCom would be more conservative this year with offers to ensure that they don't over-enroll. But, speaking with Christie St-John, Dawna Clarke, and Karen Marks, all three have confirmed that last year is considered a fluke and that they'll admit as normal this year - so, not aiming for 280 or 220, but the regular 240.
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2010, 11:32
This post received
KUDOS
gkumar wrote:
This would be for EA or R1?

EA
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2010, 12:05
This post received
KUDOS
sparkles279 wrote:
I got it too....I really hope it was just a general email and not hinting at rejection for those of us not getting called.

Go through last year's thread. People who got in received it and people who were dinged received it.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 42

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2010, 10:15
This post received
KUDOS
ebolavirus wrote:
traveler wrote:
i think what sucks even more is that the applicant pool has grown in size by ~2x for a bunch of schools from just 2-3 years ago... damn recession.

yes, the highest-ever number of applications in EA round only worsens our chances.
i'd blame the economy too!

Really does make me quite bitter, i was planning on going to a MBA around this time of my life since high school. what timing... would've been nice to apply to stanford going against 4000 applicants instead of 10000
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2010, 10:19
This post received
KUDOS
ebolavirus wrote:
traveler wrote:
i think it is fine. they shoudl be able to do whatever they want, though it may not bode well for us. realistically they dont really need to be concerned about our chances compared to others years, and only with inducting the best class possible. :(

and while attempting to induct the best class possible, they also take into consideration the profiles of deferrals.. so, if your profile is similar to some last year's admit who deferred, chances are you won't receive an admit. how's that for fair?

virus, Life isn't fair either.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Tuck '13
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2010, 10:22
This post received
KUDOS
Admissions may not owe us anything but a timely decision, but it still sucks.
Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants   [#permalink] 14 Dec 2010, 10:22