Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 12:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth Tuck WAITLISTERS

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth Tuck WAITLISTERS [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2011, 19:01
Hi

I could not find any topic for the Tuck waitlisters. There were a few from EA and now from Nov round. Lets discuss this here.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Tuck, UCLA, Tepper, Oxford, Rotman
WE 1: IT Consulting
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth Tuck WAITLISTERS [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2011, 00:33
Any idea how many people cleared the waitlist last year or the year before that ? Any stats available around these ?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth Tuck WAITLISTERS [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2011, 01:29
Seems like no one got off the waitlist last year as per last year's gmatclub thread...

calling-all-fall-2010-dartmouth-tuck-applicants-82393-600.html

But the year before that probably some got through as per a BW thread...

Let us see what happens to us...Good Luck to all !
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth Tuck WAITLISTERS [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2011, 04:30
yeaah... last year was a disaster for WL... I am not sure how much they wud prefer internationals because they will start looking in June (they mentioned that they wud start looking in end-May) and visa processing & finance stuff do take time.. So, chances for internationals are very low in my opinion..
VP
VP
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 197 [0], given: 31

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth Tuck WAITLISTERS [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2011, 05:51
plzplzplz wrote:
yeaah... last year was a disaster for WL... I am not sure how much they wud prefer internationals because they will start looking in June (they mentioned that they wud start looking in end-May) and visa processing & finance stuff do take time.. So, chances for internationals are very low in my opinion..

Usually internationals are not on the waitlist as long. This because of the reasons you say, visa and finance stuff. There are not many Tuck loans available for internationals this year so if those who are attending use up all the loans then I think Tuck would only be willing to take internationals off the waitlist who can get their own financing.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth Tuck WAITLISTERS [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2011, 20:51
Can someone tell me if visiting Tuck will help my candidacy??? I am an India-based applicant and have been seriously considering visiting Tuck. But, I know that it will set me back by more than 2500.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth Tuck WAITLISTERS [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2011, 10:25
Can we provide them supplemental information regarding the improvement in our profile since the time we applied or other such info to improve our chances of clearing the waitlist ?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth Tuck WAITLISTERS [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2011, 10:28
plzplzplz wrote:
Can someone tell me if visiting Tuck will help my candidacy??? I am an India-based applicant and have been seriously considering visiting Tuck. But, I know that it will set me back by more than 2500.

I think there is a possibility that it could be helpful...I had heard that Tuck assigns Waitlist managers to each WL applicant...If that is true then these people could be of some help...Otherwise you could directly mail to the waitlist email id mentioned on the decision page to clarify this...though not sure if it would be a good idea..
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth Tuck WAITLISTERS [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2011, 07:49
Hello fellow waitlisters I listened on the Tuck accepted webinar
Dawna clarke, Pat harrison and Amy mitson

Tuck stated that this year number apps are higher and of extremely quality students. This year they are also being conservative with the offers to prevent what happened last year....as such they are managing their yield using the waitlist.

what i can read in between the lines are it will really be hard to get off the waitlist this year, unless less students commit....
Current Student
Schools: Stern '13
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 16

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth Tuck WAITLISTERS [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2011, 09:58
chireapplicant wrote:
Hello fellow waitlisters I listened on the Tuck accepted webinar
Dawna clarke, Pat harrison and Amy mitson

Tuck stated that this year number apps are higher and of extremely quality students. This year they are also being conservative with the offers to prevent what happened last year....as such they are managing their yield using the waitlist.

what i can read in between the lines are it will really be hard to get off the waitlist this year, unless less students commit....

What I read is that they will rely on the waitlist rather than admitting too many applicants. Meaning if the yield is lower this year, expect to see some decent waitlist movement. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Like the response? Kudos it!

Current Student
Schools: Tuck Class of 2013

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth Tuck WAITLISTERS [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2011, 14:55
Well, for me there is no such thing that it is a more competitive year. I doubt that the quality of students changes noticeably from year to year. Tuck knows that it is the second choice of almost everyone and they have tried though the years to improve its yield. That's exactly what they are doing: putting people on the wait list because they now that many people will choose Wharton, Chicago and Kellogg instead.
VP
VP

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth Tuck WAITLISTERS [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2011, 15:24
MBAUncle wrote:
Well, for me there is no such thing that it is a more competitive year. I doubt that the quality of students changes noticeably from year to year. Tuck knows that it is the second choice of almost everyone and they have tried though the years to improve its yield. That's exactly what they are doing: putting people on the wait list because they now that many people will choose Wharton, Chicago and Kellogg instead.

The comparison was against last year. Why would it be hard to believe?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth Tuck WAITLISTERS [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2011, 07:47
Anybody got any news here? Or will we have to wait for the week before classes start?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth Tuck WAITLISTERS [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2011, 07:57
Haven't heard anything from them after sending the confirmation email that they asked us to send to the Tuck waitlist id..
VP
VP

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth Tuck WAITLISTERS [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2011, 07:58
You are not supposed to hear anything until the end of March and even then movement won't happen until April and after.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth Tuck WAITLISTERS [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2011, 12:40
how about sending in additional recommendations, maybe from alums? anybody done that already or plan on doing it?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth Tuck WAITLISTERS [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2011, 11:28
lagomez wrote:
You are not supposed to hear anything until the end of March and even then movement won't happen until April and after.

Hey guys, I may have been misinformed but I heard recently of a person who got off the waitlist during this application cycle. Do you guys give any validity to this?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.4

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth Tuck WAITLISTERS [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2011, 12:17
I can't imagine that someone got off the waitlist in the same round that Tuck was evaluating the January round applicants. Tuck has always waited to evaluate the wait listed candidates until after all application rounds are complete and they have a sense of what their yield will be.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.5

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth Tuck WAITLISTERS [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2011, 11:59
Any news in terms of the waitlist? Did anyone get assigned their waitlist manager or here anything from adcom?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.4

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth Tuck WAITLISTERS [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2011, 12:08
Nope. Nothing yet. When are decisions on the wait list normally released? Is it applicant dependent? Or, are they simply waiting til all their accepted students admit to determine how many spots are available before making any decisions?
Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth Tuck WAITLISTERS   [#permalink] 21 Mar 2011, 12:08