Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 22:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all fall 2011 Krannert(MBA) Applicants..!!!!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all fall 2011 Krannert(MBA) Applicants..!!!!! [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2010, 21:01
dinged! :(..got a mail last night
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all fall 2011 Krannert(MBA) Applicants..!!!!! [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2010, 23:32
This post received
KUDOS
GVJ81 wrote:
g000fy wrote:
GVJ81 wrote:
Was in an interview on the 10th of December on campus and was told Krannert would do their best to let me know the outcome by the 15th. I was shocked they could turn it around that quick. I felt like it all went well but it's tough to get a read. I was mostly concerned because looking at the numbers posted online it's clear they extend offers to a number of prospective students without calling them in for interviews.... so the way I figure I must have been borderline.

Good luck to everyone.

Hey did you get an invite from school for the interview??

I was called up by admissions to schedule an interview the week of thanksgiving. I was contacted within a week of them receiving my complete package. Interestingly I didn't make round 1 so it all went pretty quick. Maybe I submitted my app so close to the round 1 deadline they included me? Don't know. I'm starting to think the reason they said they would get back to me by the 15th is because the people in admissions assumed I was in the first round and just gave me the party line. I didn't hear anything today. Did anyone get a call today? I don't think I'll actually hear anything till February now.

Accepted via email, received the email 17th, so much for the deadlines etc. First one after 3 straight dings so I'm pumped! The email didn't mention scholarship or assistantship opportunities, not sure if they tell you anything if you don't qualify for anything. I'm hoping more information comes with the second email, apparently the second email is sent by the graduate school itself and confirms the recommendation from Krannert.

If anybody knows how the assistantships and scholarship decisions are communicated let me know, if I need to try to line something else up for money I want to get started right away!
Intern
Intern
WE 1: 4 yrs

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all fall 2011 Krannert(MBA) Applicants..!!!!! [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2011, 12:25
I am in too! Just received the email! Very very happy :-D :-D
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all fall 2011 Krannert(MBA) Applicants..!!!!! [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2011, 02:08
Hi All...recently came across this thread on gmatclub.
I got an admit today morning...can we have any yahoo groups to discuss the way forward for Krannert ?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all fall 2011 Krannert(MBA) Applicants..!!!!! [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2011, 09:20
sure mate.. hav u created a group or shall i create one?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all fall 2011 Krannert(MBA) Applicants..!!!!! [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2011, 12:39
@GVJ81 - I received the second email today and it also doesn't talk of financial aid. :(
What about you?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all fall 2011 Krannert(MBA) Applicants..!!!!! [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2011, 05:56
is anyone of u offered RESIDENT STATUS for tuition fee. I mean any international student who has got RESIDENT STATUS?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all fall 2011 Krannert(MBA) Applicants..!!!!! [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2011, 07:02
This post received
KUDOS
g000fy wrote:
@GVJ81 - I received the second email today and it also doesn't talk of financial aid. :(
What about you?

There are 3 emails: First acceptance from Krannert, Second confirmation from the graduate school, and then a separate Third for any scholarship/assistantship info. I emailed Krannert at the end of December to clarify this, the answer was that financial assistant is an entirely separate notification and they would starting in mid Jan sending out these communications.

In short, don't sweat it, the second email isn't suppose to contain scholarship info. Keep your eye out for a third email.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all fall 2011 Krannert(MBA) Applicants..!!!!! [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2011, 08:44
GVJ81 wrote:
g000fy wrote:
What about you?

There are 3 emails: First acceptance from Krannert, Second confirmation from the graduate school, and then a separate Third for any scholarship/assistantship info. I emailed Krannert at the end of December to clarify this, the answer was that financial assistant is an entirely separate notification and they would starting in mid Jan sending out these communications.

In short, don't sweat it, the second email isn't suppose to contain scholarship info. Keep your eye out for a third email.

Thanks buddy!! I will wait for third mail.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all fall 2011 Krannert(MBA) Applicants..!!!!! [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2011, 08:46
whylivelife wrote:
is anyone of u offered RESIDENT STATUS for tuition fee. I mean any international student who has got RESIDENT STATUS?

I received non resident status too although I applied for resident status. I have been in Indiana since last 19 months and going to stay for another 5months. Pay taxes etc
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all fall 2011 Krannert(MBA) Applicants..!!!!! [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2011, 20:51
Hi All,

I got admit confirmation (online letter from the grad schoo ) from Krannert. It confirmed my admission decision and also mentioned a note about my PUID(Purdue ID,account info). One doubt..it contained a link for accepting the offer. I submitted that also( it does not ask for initial payment )...will they base their scholarship decision only on those who accept offer?? but then there is nothing binding that those who accept offer must attend or withdraw application from other college.....also i called them from scholarship...they said decision will be mailed separately after 2-3 weeks only if i qualify for one...
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kelley (Indiana)

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all fall 2011 Krannert(MBA) Applicants..!!!!! [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2011, 12:14
Received an interview invite today, it sounds like they do all interviews over skype.

Round 2 applicant, 720 gmat, not-so-great gpa, 4 years work exp. at matriculation
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all fall 2011 Krannert(MBA) Applicants..!!!!! [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2011, 07:36
Had my skype interview yesterday with a first year student, I think it went well.

Started with a few basic questions: Walk me through your resume. Why an MBA? Why Krannert?
Then a few tricky, but standard ones: Describe a time when you were challenged and had to lead, what did you learn? Describe a similar situation, but one in which you failed, what did you learn? Describe a time when you were over-committed, how did you manage your time?
Then we had some back and forth questions for about 10 minutes. The student had thorough, honest answers to my questions.

The whole thing took about 30 minutes and was relatively painless. Now waiting...
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all fall 2011 Krannert(MBA) Applicants..!!!!! [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2011, 07:53
I was asked the same questions. They are pretty standard for Krannert. Good luck.

tylenoljones wrote:
Had my skype interview yesterday with a first year student, I think it went well.

Started with a few basic questions: Walk me through your resume. Why an MBA? Why Krannert?
Then a few tricky, but standard ones: Describe a time when you were challenged and had to lead, what did you learn? Describe a similar situation, but one in which you failed, what did you learn? Describe a time when you were over-committed, how did you manage your time?
Then we had some back and forth questions for about 10 minutes. The student had thorough, honest answers to my questions.

The whole thing took about 30 minutes and was relatively painless. Now waiting...
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all fall 2011 Krannert(MBA) Applicants..!!!!! [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2011, 08:26
Admitted! Round 2 applicant, 720 gmat, so-so gpa, 4 years work experience, Indiana resident

I got my admission email yesterday, now I'm waiting on the other emails and letters.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Haas (ding r2), BU (in with ££ and have accepted offer), Minnesota Carlson (in with ££), Purdue Krannert
WE 1: 5 years newspaper strategy/research

Re: Calling all fall 2011 Krannert(MBA) Applicants..!!!!! [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2011, 11:46
Is anybody else an international applicant waiting for a round 2 decision?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Haas (ding r2), BU (in with ££ and have accepted offer), Minnesota Carlson (in with ££), Purdue Krannert
WE 1: 5 years newspaper strategy/research

Re: Calling all fall 2011 Krannert(MBA) Applicants..!!!!! [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2011, 02:26
Hi. Is anybody on this forum an international applicant? I applied in the final round (at Christmas) and am still waiting for an interview invite. Anybody else in the same boat? Thanks guys
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all fall 2011 Krannert(MBA) Applicants..!!!!! [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2011, 06:49
Any more news here? The round 2 decisions should be at least mostly out by now.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all fall 2011 Krannert(MBA) Applicants..!!!!! [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2011, 09:14
ambrishk wrote:
dinged! :(..got a mail last night

sorry to hear that mate..
request you to pls share ur profile .
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD Jan '13

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all fall 2011 Krannert(MBA) Applicants..!!!!! [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2011, 11:09
tylenoljones wrote:
Any more news here? The round 2 decisions should be at least mostly out by now.

I guess they started the R2 process quite late (obvious since deadline was 2/1/11)

I'm an international applicant (India), and got an interview invite last week. It's yet to be scheduled since the dates I sent earlier were all taken. Looking forward to interview in 1st week of April.

Anyone else in the same boat?

The Log...

Re: Calling all fall 2011 Krannert(MBA) Applicants..!!!!!   [#permalink] 26 Mar 2011, 11:09