Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 21:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 13:04
Got called by Andrew Sami at ~3pm. Accepted with $$.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Schools: MSU Broad $
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 19

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 13:06
Nice DC congrats, you plan on attending?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kenan-Flagler, Darden, Simon, BU(ding), Owen(i/v), Olin(ding), Norte Dame(w/l)
WE 1: Finance 3.5 Years

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 13:07
Prometheus59 wrote:
tusharmsvv wrote:
What I want to understand is if they actually dinged anyone at all?
I didn't get an interview call but the mail said I'm on the wait list which doesn't make any sense to me.

Should I just consider it as a ding or is there any hope?

thats really strange. did you get a letter ( snail mail ) asking you to fill out a form ( its an attachment on the mail too ) ? the form is to state that you are interested in staying on waitlist. ( those who dont are not considered i suppose).

http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/ra ... edame.html

business week lists an interview as very important to get in. plus see the statistics of people admitted. all of them have been interviewed..

Yeah I did get a letter as an attachment to fill up and either fax back or snail mail back

this is what their website says about interviews and i'm still confused

Applicant-Initiated Interviews

We offer all applicants the opportunity to interview on campus in Notre Dame, IN. Applicant-initiated, on campus interviews are scheduled online and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please schedule your interview online at least seven days prior to the date you’d like to visit. When scheduling an on-campus interview and visit, we encourage you to attend an MBA class session. Please note that there are no Friday classes. While not required, we strongly encourage candidates to schedule an on-campus interview before the deadline for which they plan to apply.

Throughout the year there may also be select opportunities for applicant-initiated interviews in off campus locations. Please check our Recruiting Events web page for periodic updates on dates and locations. Requests for interviews in off campus locations can also be submitted online and will be accommodated on a first-come, first-served basis.

Admissions Committee-Initiated Interviews

Once your application has been submitted, interviews are conducted by invitation only. If the Admissions Committee invites you to interview, you will receive the invitation and scheduling information via e-mail.

An Admissions Committee-initiated interview provides the Admissions Committee with more information about you. Whether a request is received or not is not an indication of the outcome of your application. Interviews are typically conducted by our admissions staff, Notre Dame alumni or by trained student interviewers. Admissions Committee-initiated interviews may be conducted on-campus, off-campus or over the phone. All interviews are evaluated equally, regardless of interviewer, location or how initiated.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 13:12
Just 40 mins to go...
Are the dings and "Still on WL" also being sent out today??
Current Student

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 13:13
nobody has reported being picked off th WL yet
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 13:14
mbanimal2011 wrote:
nobody has reported being picked off th WL yet

nope.. they're all here waiting ( on the forum) :)
Current Student

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 13:15
haha, hey Prom where else are you applying?
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 13:16
anaghamahajan01 wrote:
Just 40 mins to go...
Are the dings and "Still on WL" also being sent out today??

i called in about two hours ago .. the lady on the phone at ND said that " everybody will be receiving a mail today ".. thats why i'm waiting.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 13:18
mbanimal2011 wrote:
haha, hey Prom where else are you applying?

at this point.. i think i will have to say " that's classified information soldier" :)

however, we are declassifying files tom.
Current Student

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 13:19
Didn't mean to pry, just curious. I'm off to the gym, I need to blow off some steam and last night when I went I got an admit so I'm gonna keep the trend going. Good luck I'm out for awhile
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 13:21
mbanimal2011 wrote:
Didn't mean to pry, just curious. I'm off to the gym, I need to blow off some steam and last night when I went I got an admit so I'm gonna keep the trend going. Good luck I'm out for awhile

just kiddin.. had to get the line in..

smeal, cox, gw, urbana champagne, neeley
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 13:22
Prometheus59 wrote:
mbanimal2011 wrote:

smeal, cox, gw, urbana champagne, neeley

where did you get an admit ? if you dont mind me prying ..
Intern
Intern
Schools: Notre Dame, Emory, BYU

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 13:24
Got a call from Brian Lohr. I'm in! Good luck to the rest.

Last edited by pkrjp on 25 Feb 2011, 14:29, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 13:30
pkrjp wrote:
Got a call from Brian Lohr. I'm in! If you would have told me four months ago that I would be admitted to Notre Dame, I would have had you committed to the psych ward. But now, I don't know how I can turn this offer down. Good luck to the rest.

Whats ur profile is like if you dont mind...
Intern
Intern
Schools: Notre Dame, Emory, BYU

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 13:36
Quote:
Whats ur profile is like if you dont mind...

I would prefer not to quote specifics, but I had an average GMAT, average work experience, below average GPA, and pretty good extra curriculars. Having said all that, I got the feeling that Notre Dame is looking more for a good fit than meeting certain statistical criteria. I think my letters of recommendation and interview were just as important (if not more so) than my numerical stats.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 14:04
So its past 5 and I dont have any notification...
Did anyone on the WL hear anything? I believe only the folks in the round got a decision...

I looked up my old mails and found this...

"Your application package will be continually reviewed throughout the remainder of the decision rounds. The next decision due date is February 25th. If you are admitted from the next round you should expect to hear from us the week following the 25th."

So looks like some more wait time...
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 14:09
anaghamahajan01 wrote:
So its past 5 and I dont have any notification...
Did anyone on the WL hear anything? I believe only the folks in the round got a decision...

I looked up my old mails and found this...

"Your application package will be continually reviewed throughout the remainder of the decision rounds. The next decision due date is February 25th. If you are admitted from the next round you should expect to hear from us the week following the 25th."

So looks like some more wait time...

yup looks like that. come to think of it.. the lady i spoke to was wrong.. i guess they were really over packed today with all the decisions etc. or she didn't get my accent :)
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 14:15
No problem-

740 Gmat,
7 years-owning a real estate appraisal business,
around 3.3 GPA,
33 years old,
Live in the states

Prometheus59 wrote:
shmitty9698 wrote:
Just got accepted...very excited!!

whats your profile ? ( if you dont mind me asking)
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 14:58
mbanimal2011 wrote:
Nice DC congrats, you plan on attending?

Most likely yes. There are one or two things that could make that change, though.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 15:52

smeal, cox, gw, urbana champagne, neeley[/quote]

where did you get an admit ? if you dont mind me prying ..[/quote]

All good, I got into Broad. I think I would love it there, decisions decisions. It's gonna be a tuff choice if I get into more than one of my schools, they are all so close. I guess we'll just have to keep our phones on, the wait continues
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants   [#permalink] 25 Feb 2011, 15:52