Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 10:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 16:24
Did anyone NOT hear anything? I'm still waiting. I know they have the right number because Mr. Lohr called me to ask me a question.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Schools: MSU Broad $
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 19

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 16:29
Not a peep for this guy
Manager
Manager
Schools: Carnegie Mellon Tepper (R2), Duke (R2), Notre Dame (R2), Georgetown (R2), UVA Darden (R2), USC (R2), Kellogg (R2)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2011, 11:12
Got the call yesterday, left me a voicemail and received an email.

Accepted with scholarship, I think scholarship details will be sent to me in a separate email!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2011, 12:34
calisnoopy wrote:
Got the call yesterday, left me a voicemail and received an email.

Accepted with scholarship, I think scholarship details will be sent to me in a separate email!

I was told that the scholarship details would get sent via USPS and should arrive early this upcoming week.

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2011, 17:08
WL :(
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2011, 19:01
Got waitlisted

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2011, 19:03
whats ur profile?
gmat
gpa
yrs
nationality?
Current Student

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2011, 23:20
congrats to calisnoops, sorry to the others who joined us on the waitlist
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2011, 05:56
mbanimal2011- what are you going to do to try to get off the waitlist?
Current Student

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2011, 08:54
I'm just trying to be patient. I only contacted the adcom when I had an updated GMAT and work experience. I think you can hurt your chances by pestering them with trivial stuff. We should hear next week
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2011, 10:27
I still haven't heard anything. I guess I'll give them a call during business hours tomorrow. Congrats to those who are in and best of luck to those on the waitlist.

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2011, 10:36
I think i am going to wait for a few days.. I have submitted an additional recommendation and also made it quite clear to the adcom that ND is my first choice school. However, i dont see people with GMAT scores below 700 getting in easily. applies to me too. a good friend of mine just got in with $$ and he had a GMAT score of 730. ( other factors do apply but i do think, a gmat score is something they are really looking at as a differentiating factor this year)
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2011, 10:48
do they allow other candidates to submit another recommendation? and if so how should i go about doing that?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2011, 11:47
Prometheus59 wrote:
I think i am going to wait for a few days.. I have submitted an additional recommendation and also made it quite clear to the adcom that ND is my first choice school. However, i dont see people with GMAT scores below 700 getting in easily. applies to me too. a good friend of mine just got in with $$ and he had a GMAT score of 730. ( other factors do apply but i do think, a gmat score is something they are really looking at as a differentiating factor this year)

I have a connection to the President of the Philadelphia chapter of the ND alumni association, and I also heard that ND is looking to improve the average GMAT score of their incoming class this year.

That still doesn't mean a whole lot. In the end I'm sure that they want qualifies candidates who can contribute to their program, above all.

Current Student

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2011, 12:20
Yeah I think their slip in the rankings this year is calling for GMAT boost. Last year they had a really big GMAT range, I guess we'll see.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2011, 12:22
bgDC wrote:
Prometheus59 wrote:

I have a connection to the President of the Philadelphia chapter of the ND alumni association, and I also heard that ND is looking to improve the average GMAT score of their incoming class this year.

That still doesn't mean a whole lot. In the end I'm sure that they want qualifies candidates who can contribute to their program, above all.

There is some relevance to this thought pattern. I do seriously think the gmat score is kinda being used as a tie breaker and not as the primary reason. Nothing beats great work ex. ( as long as your able to showcase that through the essays). this isn't limited to just ND. I see a similar trend across most tier two/ border line tier one schools this year. There is also a distinct rise in the average GMAT score when compared to a couple of years back.
Current Student

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2011, 12:24
Prometheus59 wrote:

Good call Prom, I've heard that if you are on the waitlist at your #1 you should let them know that they are still your #1 choice. It's good to wait though and not look too desperate. I'm having a difficult time ranking my top three choices so I don't want to mislead ND and say I'd for sure go there with an admit. This whole process is insane haha, can't wait until I know what's up for next year. I like to have things planned out pretty well and all of this uncertainty is getting old
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2011, 12:26
mbanimal2011 wrote:
Prometheus59 wrote:

Good call Prom, I've heard that if you are on the waitlist at your #1 you should let them know that they are still your #1 choice. It's good to wait though and not look too desperate. I'm having a difficult time ranking my top three choices so I don't want to mislead ND and say I'd for sure go there with an admit. This whole process is insane haha, can't wait until I know what's up for next year. I like to have things planned out pretty well and all of this uncertainty is getting old

I will keep my options open though. their stats for picking applicants of wl are certainly not that encouraging.
Current Student

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2011, 12:29
yeah last year was like 12 out of 150 or something if I remember right. Still though if its your #1 and you hang around I'll bet they will pick you up. Could be a long waiting game though. The student who showed me around campus had a situation like that but he was ND or bust.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2011, 13:00
mbanimal2011 wrote:
yeah last year was like 12 out of 150 or something if I remember right. Still though if its your #1 and you hang around I'll bet they will pick you up. Could be a long waiting game though. The student who showed me around campus had a situation like that but he was ND or bust.

very interesting.. did you take some tips from him ? can you now ?? i bet, his story would raise flaggin hopes of other people around on the forum.

i am going to hang out till april. After that , i just have no option but to go someplace else.
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants   [#permalink] 27 Feb 2011, 13:00