Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 01:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2011, 13:06
I was admitted Friday - missed the call and received a voicemail from Brian Lohr.

His message was pretty non-specific; didn't even mention that I'd been admitted, just told me to check my email. How did folks get word/heads up of scholarships? Was it only in the admittance call? Or did you receive any other notice?

I see historically that specifics have come early in the following week. I'll just have to wait and see.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Nov 2010
Posts: 73
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2011, 13:10
ttsather wrote:
I was admitted Friday - missed the call and received a voicemail from Brian Lohr.

His message was pretty non-specific; didn't even mention that I'd been admitted, just told me to check my email. How did folks get word/heads up of scholarships? Was it only in the admittance call? Or did you receive any other notice?

I see historically that specifics have come early in the following week. I'll just have to wait and see.


congratulations..
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Feb 2011
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2011, 13:15
I still haven't heard anything. Thought decisions were supposed to be rolled out on the 25th?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2011, 13:20
Prometheus59 wrote:

congratulations..


Thanks! In hindsight, my message doesn't really indicate any excitement, but it's a fantastic feeling. I've been following this thread a lot and am very hopeful for those on the waitlist.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Nov 2010
Posts: 73
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2011, 13:35
ttsather wrote:
Prometheus59 wrote:

congratulations..


Thanks! In hindsight, my message doesn't really indicate any excitement, but it's a fantastic feeling. I've been following this thread a lot and am very hopeful for those on the waitlist.


thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Feb 2011
Posts: 13
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2011, 13:40
does ND make their final decisions of their waitlisted people in April?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Nov 2010
Posts: 73
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2011, 13:52
soccerhunny630 wrote:
does ND make their final decisions of their waitlisted people in April?


they finalize in april.. so if not now, def in april, you will get a decision.. ( i seriously suggest reading through the ND website, its quite informative and maybe going through the posts so far. should give you a fair idea of whats happening)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Feb 2011
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2011, 13:55
If we haven't heard anything do you think it would be too obtuse to call the admissions office tomorrow? Or should I wait a day?
Current Student
User avatar
Status: MSU Bound
Joined: 28 Oct 2010
Posts: 97
Schools: MSU Broad $
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 19

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2011, 15:13
I'm just going to wait man, I'm sure we'll hear soon, probably early in the week
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Nov 2010
Posts: 17
Schools: Notre Dame, Emory, BYU
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2011, 15:57
Prometheus59 wrote:
I think i am going to wait for a few days.. I have submitted an additional recommendation and also made it quite clear to the adcom that ND is my first choice school. However, i dont see people with GMAT scores below 700 getting in easily. applies to me too. a good friend of mine just got in with $$ and he had a GMAT score of 730. ( other factors do apply but i do think, a gmat score is something they are really looking at as a differentiating factor this year)


My GMAT is below 700 and I got admitted with a scholarship. I mentioned this earlier, but I really think Notre Dame looks at candidates on a case by case basis. I could be wrong, but there is no way that I would have been admitted with money solely based on my GMAT-GPA combination. My opinion is that there is way more to the equation.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Nov 2010
Posts: 73
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2011, 00:56
pkrjp wrote:
Prometheus59 wrote:
I think i am going to wait for a few days.. I have submitted an additional recommendation and also made it quite clear to the adcom that ND is my first choice school. However, i dont see people with GMAT scores below 700 getting in easily. applies to me too. a good friend of mine just got in with $$ and he had a GMAT score of 730. ( other factors do apply but i do think, a gmat score is something they are really looking at as a differentiating factor this year)


My GMAT is below 700 and I got admitted with a scholarship. I mentioned this earlier, but I really think Notre Dame looks at candidates on a case by case basis. I could be wrong, but there is no way that I would have been admitted with money solely based on my GMAT-GPA combination. My opinion is that there is way more to the equation.


great work ex redeems everything.. so there you go
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Nov 2010
Posts: 73
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2011, 00:57
mbanimal2011 wrote:
I'm just going to wait man, I'm sure we'll hear soon, probably early in the week


yeah going to do the same.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Dec 2010
Posts: 33
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2011, 11:15
Where did the statistics come from that ND only took 12 out of 150 on the WL last year?

For the record I applied 1st rd and have been WL listed ever since. I haven't received any VM or e-mail and it is now 2pm in NYC this Monday. Maybe the fact is true is that they now review the WL candidates after R3 applicants.

For those who were admitted do you have 30-days to send in a deposit to guarantee your seat?

Good luck to all.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Nov 2010
Posts: 73
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2011, 11:23
allnorway wrote:
Where did the statistics come from that ND only took 12 out of 150 on the WL last year?

For the record I applied 1st rd and have been WL listed ever since. I haven't received any VM or e-mail and it is now 2pm in NYC this Monday. Maybe the fact is true is that they now review the WL candidates after R3 applicants.

For those who were admitted do you have 30-days to send in a deposit to guarantee your seat?

Good luck to all.


i dont know where mba animal got his stats .. but log onto business week and take a look at the ND profile from last year.. number of applicants waitlisted is listed as 150 and number of waitlisted applicants who recieved an admit is 12.. in line with what mba animal is saying..

http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/ra ... edame.html
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Dec 2010
Posts: 33
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2011, 11:42
Ah ok. That stat officially scares me. Keeping the faith though.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Dec 2010
Posts: 33
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2011, 12:16
Lets keep the thread going if anyone on WL hears anything this week.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Nov 2010
Posts: 73
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2011, 12:38
allnorway wrote:
Ah ok. That stat officially scares me. Keeping the faith though.


look at it this way.. i see not more than 12 to 18 people on this thread who are waitlisted. of which only six or seven are active.. that means people who are really interested in ND enough to be on the thread ( that goes for other threads on other sites too) . even if you triple the total figure.. the stats dont look so bad .. :) ( positive thinking )

here's to everybody waitlisted on the forums getting in .. cheers.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Oct 2009
Posts: 63
Location: Pune
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2011, 13:17
Prometheus59 wrote:
allnorway wrote:
Ah ok. That stat officially scares me. Keeping the faith though.


look at it this way.. i see not more than 12 to 18 people on this thread who are waitlisted. of which only six or seven are active.. that means people who are really interested in ND enough to be on the thread ( that goes for other threads on other sites too) . even if you triple the total figure.. the stats dont look so bad .. :) ( positive thinking )

here's to everybody waitlisted on the forums getting in .. cheers.

Cheers!!
Hope we make it!!!

I wrote to ND yesterday.. Got a reply today saying be patient and the decision willbe out "soon" :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Dec 2010
Posts: 33
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2011, 13:50
Decision coming soon wow!

What did you write them in that e-mail? I'm assuming your on WL as well?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Feb 2011
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2011, 14:04
Hopefully this calms everyone down- I applied before Jan 10th and have yet to hear anything. I have not been accepted/denied/waitlisted. I should have received a decision on the 25th. This makes me believe adcom is way behind on everything and so the Feb. 25th date was more of a "ballpark" date. My 2c
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants   [#permalink] 28 Feb 2011, 14:04
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
18 Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants mbanimal2011 324 28 Oct 2010, 13:11
10 Mendoza (Notre Dame) 2013 Calling All Applicants Evergreen10 153 04 Oct 2012, 17:17
4 Experts publish their posts in the topic Notre Dame (Mendoza) 2012 - Calling All Applicants dzyubam 130 06 Oct 2011, 04:24
Calling all Notre Dame (Mendoza) Fall 2011 Candidates Prometheus59 3 19 Nov 2010, 04:03
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  17    Next  [ 325 posts ] 



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.