Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 10:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Darden (R2), Fuqua (R2), CBS (RA), Notre Dame (R4), WashU (R1)
WE 1: 5yrs Non-Profit Humanitarian
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2011, 23:54
adiace wrote:
Hey gang,

Need some advice. I am an international student from India (730/5yrs WEx - Marketing) and have received $$$ from both IU Kelley and ND. I also have admits from UT McCombs and UVA Darden but without any schol.

ND has given me a better scholarship package than Kelley (~10K/yr more). I know that IU Kelley is the better school, but as an international student, I know its going to be a struggle regardless of where I go and maybe reducing my debt should be the priority.

I know the basic advantages of both schools..
ND -
Closer to Chicago
Tight network
A recent big endowment (makes it easier to get more $$, once admission season is over)

IU-
Strong Marketing program (but Marketing jobs are not easy to bag for international students)
Better Ranking / Recognition
Strong clout in Indianapolis

Please let me know what you guys think...

I think it is debatable that Kelley is really the better school. Obviously, from your list UVA is top dog in the business world (though primarily for consulting); however once you get outside of the circle of people who stare at the business school rankings, ND and UT have the best name recognition of the group - by far. Also "tight network" doesn't do it for ND; their alumni network is one of the 5 strongest in the world, along with the likes of Harvard, Princeton, Yale... IU's recognition is in no way superior to ND; save perhaps in some marketing circles. My opinion would be that unless you want to work in Indy, IU is not worth 10k a year more than ND. But, congrats on having such a difficult (yet good) choice to make.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2011, 01:23
Hey guys,

Need some advice too. I just got admitted by ND and so far haven't heard a word about scholarships. I also have got an offer from Brandeis in Boston with 50% scholarship (about $38,000). I understand ND is a lot better in terms of brand name and alumni network, but Brandeis' scholarship package is very attractive to me too. It also has good reputation in new england (where I'm from).

What's your call?

Cheers
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2011, 06:22
dingding11 wrote:
Hey guys,

Need some advice too. I just got admitted by ND and so far haven't heard a word about scholarships. I also have got an offer from Brandeis in Boston with 50% scholarship (about $38,000). I understand ND is a lot better in terms of brand name and alumni network, but Brandeis' scholarship package is very attractive to me too. It also has good reputation in new england (where I'm from).

What's your call?

Cheers

I depends on what you want to do with it. If you plan on staying in New England, Brandeis might be a better call, since ND is a somewhat expensive school. However, ND's brand name might carry you farther if you plan on moving out of the New England area.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2011, 08:39
Hey!
I am a female from a diverse background and a good academic profile. I appeared for the gmat first time last month and had a really bad experience because I got only a 610 due to some misfortune. But I got an e-mail from Notre Dame saying that I am a preferred candidate!

I was surprised because according to the statistics Notre Dame accepts score above 670 or so. How come I got this e-mail?
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: PwC
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
WE: Consulting (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2012, 10:38
I just got invited for an evaluation interview at Mendoza and I am pretty exicted. Whoop Whoop. Any Ideas on how to beat the interview process. Please share cos am keen on Notre Dame.

Also waiting to be interviewed at Owen and Simon - great stuff
Experience 4 yrs PwC (Senior associate/Assistant Manager)
Nationality - Nigerian
GMAT - 590
G.P.A- 3.3
8-)
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants   [#permalink] 22 Mar 2012, 10:38