Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Nov 2014, 03:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
GMAT 1: 730 Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2010, 11:47
Just got a waitlisted email. Question...do they ever reject anyone without putting them on the waitlist first? Not trying to offend anyone who may have gotten a rejection letter, but after scanning last year's Mendoza topic all I could find were acceptances and waitlists.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2010, 11:52
got waitlisted too.. you just added a new dimension to my quandry :)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2011, 12:19
Hi everyone. Are we all applying for the 2yr program or are there 1yr candidates as well?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2011, 06:23
this is an awfully quiet thread... Not alot of interest in ND i suppose?? :-D
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Georgetown McD Class of 2013
Schools: Georgetown
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2011, 13:11
Sorry for not posting earlier. I applied in November (rd 1?) and was accepted in December with $. Notre Dame had always been the dream school for me, however for my MBA I am beginning to think that another school may better fit my career goals (finance, NYC). In any event, good luck to all those that have applied. Notre Dame really is a tremendous school comprised of great people and alumni.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2011, 21:08
I heard for round Jan 10 2011, Notre Dame will be sending interview invites on Jan 21, 2011. Did anyone got invite?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2011, 20:30
I have been lurking but also applied for round 3. Good luck to everyone.
Director
Director
Schools: Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 13

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2011, 22:29
I have been receiving recruiting emails and post mail from ND saying that I'm a "preferred candidate", and that people with my profile have been known to be accepted. They are encouraging me to apply, but is this just marketing BS or is it legit?

Disclosure, I'm URM/Hispanic which I think has something to do with it.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2011, 00:07
VictoryMBA wrote:
I have been receiving recruiting emails and post mail from ND saying that I'm a "preferred candidate", and that people with my profile have been known to be accepted. They are encouraging me to apply, but is this just marketing BS or is it legit?

no it is not totally BS.. although it wont guarantee you an admit.. you will mostly get a application fee waiver if you ask for it. yeah, ND is big on encouraging minorities and the hispanic commmunity is quite well represented in each admitted class so far. so that should help..

I got that mail too and although i got waitlisted, i still think the priority candidate thing is not total BS..
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2011, 15:08
I received an interview invitation this afternoon. Good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kelley (Indiana)

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2011, 12:17
Quote:

I'm a mid 20's, white, Indiana resident and I got one of those right after I took the GMAT. Even though I didn't send them my scores. I asked them what it meant and they said pretty much what your quote does, nothing about what information that's based on.

I thought I'd through my hat in the ring too, I applied to ND's 3rd round (Jan 10 deadline). No response yet, though I already did an applicant initiated interview in November. Mid 20's, 720 GMAT, low GPA, 4 years work experience at matriculation. Fingers crossed...
Current Student
Schools: Harvard, Ross, McCombs, Mendoza

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 15

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2011, 14:11
tylenoljones wrote:
Quote:

I'm a mid 20's, white, Indiana resident and I got one of those right after I took the GMAT. Even though I didn't send them my scores. I asked them what it meant and they said pretty much what your quote does, nothing about what information that's based on.

I thought I'd through my hat in the ring too, I applied to ND's 3rd round (Jan 10 deadline). No response yet, though I already did an applicant initiated interview in November. Mid 20's, 720 GMAT, low GPA, 4 years work experience at matriculation. Fingers crossed...

I got one too and was accepted with $$$. I think it has something to do with a GMAT/GPA combo. You didn't send them your scores, but you probably allowed schools to contact you after the test--which means GMAC sold them your basic info and is why you are getting spammed with business school informational email.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2011, 08:43
NGgator60 wrote:
Sorry for not posting earlier. I applied in November (rd 1?) and was accepted in December with $. Notre Dame had always been the dream school for me, however for my MBA I am beginning to think that another school may better fit my career goals (finance, NYC). In any event, good luck to all those that have applied. Notre Dame really is a tremendous school comprised of great people and alumni.

Hey was just interested how you feel all those Southern schools you applied to are more stronger for a job in NYC finance than ND? Good luck the rest of the way.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Georgetown McD Class of 2013
Schools: Georgetown

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2011, 12:09
Allnorway,

I have alumni or current student connections with many of the schools that I applied to which gave me a bit more insight into the networking capabilities of each school in NYC, and more specifically within NYC finance.

One of my undergrad roommates is currently a first-year at Vanderbilt and I knew the school to have had strong connections to BAC. One of my best friends attends UNC as a first-year and has informed me of the support he has already enjoyed by KFBS alumni on Wall Street. I have a few friends that graduated undergrad from Emory and now work on Wall Street, boasting about the close-knit alumni community that they have within the industry. Duke is Duke and has the strongest (ranked) program that I have applied to. Georgetown was the wildcard for me. They have a stellar undergrad reputation on Wall Street and a large alumni base in NYC. The business school has been decently ranked however the new building, faculty additions, and seemingly enhanced emphasis on the MBA program excites me. The DC location also provides for easy access to the school for New York based recruiters. Finally, Notre Dame had been my dream school since childhood and continues to represent many of the ideals that I pride myself upon. However, after speaking with undergrad alumni friends of mine and scouring over employment reports and other reviews of Mendoza I simply came to the conclusion that I felt another MBA program might suit my wants and needs better. I was unconvinced that the ND MBA program takes full advantage of the strong undergrad recruiting and immense alumni base out of NYC. In the end I am sure that the Mendoza School would have been a great experience for me, and I am honored to have been accepted into the ND family, but I feel that another school may offer me better opportunities at this stage of my life and career.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Carnegie Mellon Tepper (R2), Duke (R2), Notre Dame (R2), Georgetown (R2), UVA Darden (R2), USC (R2), Kellogg (R2)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2011, 15:37
I applied for R2 and got my interview invite on January 22nd...scheduled my on campus visit for early-mid February, so excited to finally see the school and sit in on a class too!
Manager
Manager
Schools: Carnegie Mellon Tepper (R2), Duke (R2), Notre Dame (R2), Georgetown (R2), UVA Darden (R2), USC (R2), Kellogg (R2)

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2011, 15:37
BTW does anyone from R1 have any insight on their interview and just curious if they decided to still ask the case question to applicants this year?
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2011, 14:08
calisnoopy wrote:
BTW does anyone from R1 have any insight on their interview and just curious if they decided to still ask the case question to applicants this year?

I wasn't asked any kind of case question. I have a feeling they they ask case questions to candidates who have lesser experience or career changers. IF you come of strong on practical experience then i think they skip that part and try and find a different weak spot to ask a question on to watch your reaction and answer to that question..

for me it was my under grad GPA..
Intern
Intern
Schools: Notre Dame, Emory, BYU

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2011, 14:38
I had an interview scheduled for Wednesday, February 2. I received a call from Angela today saying they had to cancel the on-campus interview and they set up a GChat interview. It took a little work, but I was able to get my flight refunded and my hotel cancelled. I tried to push the issue a little to show them that I am very interested, but I didn't want to push too hard. They called me to cancel, not the other way around. Hopefully this rescheduling won't hurt my chances.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2011, 14:59
pkrjp wrote:
I had an interview scheduled for Wednesday, February 2. I received a call from Angela today saying they had to cancel the on-campus interview and they set up a GChat interview. It took a little work, but I was able to get my flight refunded and my hotel cancelled. I tried to push the issue a little to show them that I am very interested, but I didn't want to push too hard. They called me to cancel, not the other way around. Hopefully this rescheduling won't hurt my chances.

I dont think so.. It might even give you the slightest advantage to showcase your true interest in ND. If your ace your interview, everything should go well..

but then, i got waitlisted, I'm kinda in the same boat.. I am trying to show them that ND is my first choice school..
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2011, 15:02
Prometheus59 wrote:
calisnoopy wrote:

I wasn't asked any kind of case question. I have a feeling they they ask case questions to candidates who have lesser experience or career changers. IF you come of strong on practical experience then i think they skip that part and try and find a different weak spot to ask a question on to watch your reaction and answer to that question..

for me it was my under grad GPA..

thanks so much for your response!!
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants   [#permalink] 31 Jan 2011, 15:02