Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 14:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Fall 2011 USC Marshall Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 USC Marshall Applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 May 2011, 15:24
Hi All, I got my acceptance last week. Looks like the video can help; However, it's not a show stopper. A few days after I sent my video, I got the call. One note: The 150MB limit to upload is a video is small given that most cameras film in high-def. Best of luck to those waiting. To those going to Marshall MBA.PM see y'all there.
Intern
Intern
Schools: USC (in!!!), NYU (Waitlist)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 USC Marshall Applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2011, 10:43
Got the call @ 9:57am Pacific Time this morning! I'm in!!!
Current Student
Schools: USC Marshall School of Business
WE 1: Software Consulting
WE 2: Government / Healthcare
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 26

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 USC Marshall Applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2011, 19:02
splendido wrote:
I am admitted to Georgetown and USC full-time MBA but I want to hear your thoughts before I make a decision.

I am an international applicant with. Post-MBA I want to work in management consultancy. I have no ties with any of these two places so both schools are equal for me. Which one is more respected in USA and which one would provide me more opportunities to find a job?

Thanks and good luck to all wait listed applicants!

Sorry this is coming in so late - if you're interested in federal consulting, Georgetown is the way to go. However, if you're not a U.S. citizen, you'll find that your recruitment opportunities will be much lower in D.C. (many of the consulting jobs will require security clearances or at least U.S. citizenship given that it is work with the federal government). It depends on whether you want to stay in the U.S., what field you want to go into, etc. More details would help~

Something about Kudos or other... if you like then upvote away.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 USC Marshall Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2011, 10:37
Anyone from the May 1st Deadline round get wait listed and then get accepted yet?
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 USC Marshall Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2011, 14:50
GMATISMYWITCH wrote:
Anyone from the May 1st Deadline round get wait listed and then get accepted yet?

Nothing yet... I'm speculating nothing will be done till the week of the 20th as thats the week prior to the final notification deadline but who knows as June 30 was supposed to be the decision date for the May 1 apps and I was wait listed May 23rd.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 USC Marshall Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2011, 15:09
Hi Friends,

Anyone, from any round, who has been placed on USC MBA.PM wait-list and got admitted later?

Desperately need to know what extra work you have done to turn around your status.

Thanks,
Brandon
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 USC Marshall Applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2011, 17:25
If anyone is still considering admission for this Fall, I can help with some information. Email marshallmails at gmail com
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 USC Marshall Applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2011, 17:08
Sorry guys for the late reply. I couldn't log in due to technical reasons.

Thanks for your insight in choosing between Georgetown and USC. Actually, I was inclined to choose Georgetown because I thought I would have better chances in consulting there. However, I am offered an admission from Cornell at the end of May and I accepted this offer. So, I will be in Ithaca for the next two years. :-D This means, one more spot would be opened in Georgetown and USC.

Good luck to all wait listed applicants!
:-D :P
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Lived overseas since 2003
Schools: Marshall
WE 1: Trainer

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 USC Marshall Applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2011, 01:00
I just got admitted to the MBA program off the wait-list last week, so I will be there for this fall!

Now just need to relocate back to the US....
Current Student
Schools: USC Marshall School of Business
WE 1: Software Consulting
WE 2: Government / Healthcare
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 26

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 USC Marshall Applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2011, 07:19
Congratulations!! Looking forward to seeing you there (in a month!?!?!)

Something about Kudos or other... if you like then upvote away.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 USC Marshall Applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2011, 09:47
expatcominghome wrote:
I just got admitted to the MBA program off the wait-list last week, so I will be there for this fall!

Now just need to relocate back to the US....

Congrats expatcominghome. How did you find out?
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Lived overseas since 2003
Schools: Marshall
WE 1: Trainer

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 USC Marshall Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Jun 2011, 05:15
Thanks!

My interviewer e-mailed me with a request to call, and during the call I found out.

Need to start working on housing, etc now!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 USC Marshall Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2011, 11:48
I recently applied for the MBA.PM program right before round 4 July 1 deadline. I haven't heard anything back yet, and I am getting a little anxious since Orientation starts July 31. I hope they don't plan on notifying me a day or two before.

Also I’m not so sure about my chances of getting in... Based on the comments I've read on this board it seems like slim-to-none with applying in such a late round, even though my stats are right in line with the class profile. I called their admissions office before I applied, and they told me I still had an equal chance of getting admitted as long as spaces are available - so not to wait until next year...

If anyone else has applied this late please let me know what your experiences are, if any, and also if you have any insight in general… Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 USC Marshall Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2011, 15:35
Is anybody on this thread still on the the full-time MBA wait list and waiting to hear back from Admissions?
Re: Calling All Fall 2011 USC Marshall Applicants!   [#permalink] 19 Jul 2011, 15:35