Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 11:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Schools: Yale SOM
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 23

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2010, 06:35
Quote:
Hey just so we can stop refreshing the app page, did you get an email after you saw the invite?
Thanks

No, the only email I received was a confirmation that my interview had been scheduled.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2010, 07:41
Where is the invitation located? In addition to my Gmail, now Yale app page is open 24/7 :)
Current Student

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2010, 07:43
chostein wrote:
Where is the invitation located? In addition to my Gmail, now Yale app page is open 24/7 :)

It's located under 'Recent Activities.'
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 52

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2010, 07:48
perseverance wrote:
chostein wrote:

whats ur stats? gpa high?

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Current Student

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2010, 07:51
shaselai wrote:
perseverance wrote:
chostein wrote:

whats ur stats? gpa high?

GPA is about SOM's avg. 700 GMAT. Work exp also close to SOM's avg.
SVP
SVP
Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Followers: 73

Kudos [?]: 688 [0], given: 548

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2010, 08:21
ROLL CALL PG UPDATED

Feel free to update the roll call pg

1) Either by clicking "EDIT THIS PAGE" button located on the Roll Call Page

or

2) Click Here

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
Schools: Duke
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 12

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2010, 09:19
A reliable source just whispered to me that Yale started to send out interview invites 8-)

Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2010, 09:26
ThomasD wrote:
A reliable source just whispered to me that Yale started to send out interview invites 8-)

like a day+ ago? :wink:

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.14
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 87 [1] , given: 57

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2010, 10:33
This post received
KUDOS
nink wrote:
ROLL CALL PG UPDATED

Feel free to update the roll call pg

1) Either by clicking "EDIT THIS PAGE" button located on the Roll Call Page

or

2) Click Here

Just a heads up, in the CBS thread we ended up locking the spreadsheet for editing as people were going in and resorting everything, and the data got messed up (another poster and I make updates when needed). People can add their initial data via a form.

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Duke
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 49 [1] , given: 12

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2010, 13:13
This post received
KUDOS
shaselai wrote:
ThomasD wrote:

Oh boy I should have seen that in the previous posts. I suppose I was just a little to jittery to read them when I saw my invite.

Perseverance, you took the GMAT a couple days before me, now you got the invite a day earlier, I hope we get accepted somewhere on the same day :P

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 688 [0], given: 548

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2010, 13:20
brainhurt wrote:
Just a heads up, in the CBS thread we ended up locking the spreadsheet for editing as people were going in and resorting everything, and the data got messed up

Yeah, I was concerned about that but for now, I am gonna leave it as it is. This thread isn't as big as CBS thread anyway with applicants for Jan intake, ED, Reg round, etc.

Current Student

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2010, 14:35
ThomasD wrote:
shaselai wrote:
ThomasD wrote:

Oh boy I should have seen that in the previous posts. I suppose I was just a little to jittery to read them when I saw my invite.

Perseverance, you took the GMAT a couple days before me, now you got the invite a day earlier, I hope we get accepted somewhere on the same day :P

Right there with ya, Thomas 8-) . Congrats on the invite!
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 87 [0], given: 57

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2010, 05:36
Ok so I intended to not start obsessing about this app for at least a few weeks, but now that there's some action I can't help myself.

Does anyone else still have a status of "Awaiting" for any component of their application that they know has been submitted? My GMAT Score Report still is "Awaiting", but I submitted it a while ago and GMAC confirmed its delivery.

I know they say it can take a while to process materials and a status of "Awaiting" could just mean they haven't matched the materials to my app, but I'm just curious about whether others are in the same boat.

Thanks!

Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2010, 05:42
brainhurt wrote:
Ok so I intended to not start obsessing about this app for at least a few weeks, but now that there's some action I can't help myself.

Does anyone else still have a status of "Awaiting" for any component of their application that they know has been submitted? My GMAT Score Report still is "Awaiting", but I submitted it a while ago and GMAC confirmed its delivery.

I know they say it can take a while to process materials and a status of "Awaiting" could just mean they haven't matched the materials to my app, but I'm just curious about whether others are in the same boat.

Thanks!

it takes like 3-4 weeks to get there... it might be that gmat sent it out but processing takes time...

1 KUDOS received
SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 688 [1] , given: 548

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2010, 06:01
This post received
KUDOS
brainhurt wrote:

Thanks!

Just a FYI: Those tracking status of the application (i.e. - whether they received the GMAT score or not) is not updated in real-time basis. This is just not YSOM thing. It is common at all the other bschools. (why? because it gets updated manually on the website)

Usually, the people in the admissions office update each application in timely basis but when application volume exceeds their expectation (like what happened last yr), it can be delayed.

So, don't kill yourself over it. Chances are, they probably received your score (if GMAT says they did).

In the past, I advised all applicants to call the admissions office to confirm whether they received X or Y. Admissions office does a great job accommodating to people's inquiries and requests.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 87 [0], given: 57

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2010, 06:09
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2010, 07:48
If I'm a reapplicant this year and I was rejected after interview last year, do I have to do interview again? Or SOM may make decisions based on prior year's interview feedback?

Many thanks!
Current Student
Schools: USC Marshall School of Business
WE 1: Software Consulting
WE 2: Government / Healthcare
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 26

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2010, 07:54
ounce wrote:
If I'm a reapplicant this year and I was rejected after interview last year, do I have to do interview again? Or SOM may make decisions based on prior year's interview feedback?

Many thanks!

Hey ounce,

I'm in the same situation, and on your application it should say something to the effect of "Interview Complete - [Date of last interview]". This and replies from other GMATclubbers lead me to believe that another interview is not necessary. I would surmise though, that if you had bombed the interview last year but your application this year is stellar, they'll call you back in for one. Otherwise I think it is safe to assume you won't be interviewing twice.

Cheers,
CyberC1

Something about Kudos or other... if you like then upvote away.

Manager
Manager
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2013
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 13

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2010, 07:58
brainhurt wrote:

Thanks!

Hey brainhurt,
my GMAT changed to received on 10/7, however i'd rather be where you are, at least you know that they haven't started looking at it yet, that's why you don't have an interview invite.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2010, 08:06
btk wrote:
Hey brainhurt,
my GMAT changed to received on 10/7, however i'd rather be where you are, at least you know that they haven't started looking at it yet, that's why you don't have an interview invite.

I'm in that same boat (10/7 GMAT Score Report) - you know they looked it, but no interview invite yet.

Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants   [#permalink] 14 Oct 2010, 08:06